• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2009-Successful CP interview in London

raffanti

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks
Successful interview in London yesterday, documents, passport with visa received today.

The interview was not as daunting as anticipated. I arerived at 7.10 and lined up outside the Embassy(thank goodness that the weather was good, so everyone be aware.) I was only the second in the queue and after a short period more people arrrived. At approx 7.45 we were awsked to place belts and jewellery in a plastic bag and to proceed to the first entrance to be screened then move on to the inner part of the Embassy where your details are checked and you are given a number. You are then asked to wait in the main hall for your number to be called. The wait was approx 15 mins and I was advised to attend at one of the booths wereby my documents were checked, copies and some originals were taken and I was given my X rays, I was finger printed and I paid the required fees.

This process took approx 10 nerve racking mins and I was asked to go back to the main hall again and wait for the final interview.

Some 10 mins later i was called and to a further booth and a great young American chap asked me to verify name etc, fingerprinted again and asked why I wanted to move to USA also asked about my work experience and financial support then congratulated me on my successful interview. Job done...... success:) He stated that I would get docments returned and not to open the large envelope with but to put that in my hand luggage and pass this over whebn I enter the USA and that I must do so within 6 months. I was then advised to go back to the hall where I would to organise the postage of the documents and my passport with visa enclosed to my home address. Interview took approx 10 mins

What a relief. I also was told that I was the first person in the London for 2009 :D

Hi Folks
Successful interview in London yesterday, documents, passport with visa received today.

The interview was not as daunting as anticipated. I arerived at 7.10 and lined up outside the Embassy(thank goodness that the weather was good, so everyone be aware.) I was only the second in the queue and after a short period more people arrrived. At approx 7.45 we were awsked to place belts and jewellery in a plastic bag and to proceed to the first entrance to be screened then move on to the inner part of the Embassy where your details are checked and you are given a number. You are then asked to wait in the main hall for your number to be called. The wait was approx 15 mins and I was advised to attend at one of the booths wereby my documents were checked, copies and some originals were taken and I was given my X rays, I was finger printed and I paid the required fees.

This process took approx 10 nerve racking mins and I was asked to go back to the main hall again and wait for the final interview.

Some 10 mins later i was called and to a further booth and a great young American chap asked me to verify name etc, fingerprinted again and asked why I wanted to move to USA also asked about my work experience and financial support then congratulated me on my successful interview. Job done...... success:) He stated that I would get docments returned and not to open the large envelope with but to put that in my hand luggage and pass this over whebn I enter the USA and that I must do so within 6 months. I was then advised to go back to the hall where I would to organise the postage of the documents and my passport with visa enclosed to my home address. Interview took approx 10 mins

What a relief. I also was told that I was the first person in the London for 2009 :D

Congratulations !!! Enjoy every bit of it.

congratulation

congratulation raffanti.... I am very happy for you
i have my interview next month and i want some help from you if you could
what did you answer when you have asked about why you want to live and move to USA ?
I want to know your answer please ?

congratulation raffanti.... I am very happy for you
i have my interview next month and i want some help from you if you could
what did you answer when you have asked about why you want to live and move to USA ?
I want to know your answer please ?

Hi Minamina

Of course I will help you, I am grateful for the help I received so more than happy to oblige.

I responded that 'I have family over there and I had travelled over on numerous occasions and felt at home so naturally would like to move.'

My circumstances y be a bit different as I also have property over there so was able to show that I would not be a burden, but do not despair as Iif you can show that your choice is valid and you have the required money and pass all the criteria you should be ok. Get back to me if you need anymore help. Good luck

Thanks so much raffanti for helping me .
But...I do not have family or house over there in USA ....just some friends ...so if you would like to help me please give me your opinion for answering this question if they ask me WHY YOU WANT TO MOVE OR LIVE IN USA ?

minamina, this is not a right or wrong question (OK, there are a number of really WRONG answers, for example anything that has to do with terrorism ;)). They will be satisfied with you responding that you think the US is an interesting country where you think you will feel at home. Any answer that speaks of the US in a positive way is acceptable, don't worry about it!

Thanks so much raffanti for helping me .
But...I do not have family or house over there in USA ....just some friends ...so if you would like to help me please give me your opinion for answering this question if they ask me WHY YOU WANT TO MOVE OR LIVE IN USA ?

Hi Minamina,

I don't also have family in the US. I was asked the question too and i just told them the big oportunities especially for graduates. You just have to tell them something positive. Best of LUCK

Mina

The above responses are correct, I think you should not worry and just give a positive response as to why you want to live there, ie you have friends over there and that it has been your desire to live there as you want to be with your friends and you like the Ameriican way of life and the opportunities that are available.

The latter is just and example, change it around and say what you feel comfortable with and do not worry. As long as you do not want to do harm to the people and your intentions are positive you will be good to go.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Private message

Mina

The above responses are correct, I think you should not worry and just give a positive response as to why you want to live there, ie you have friends over there and that it has been your desire to live there as you want to be with your friends and you like the Ameriican way of life and the opportunities that are available.

The latter is just and example, change it around and say what you feel comfortable with and do not worry. As long as you do not want to do harm to the people and your intentions are positive you will be good to go.:)

Hi,

Please, check your private message and get back to me.

Thanks