2008 tax transcript

jasonb

Registered Users (C)
All,
I just realized that I don't have a tax transcript for 2008. I have it for 2007 and back for five years.

When I requested my transcript a month or so ago, they didn't have 2008 yet and I didn't think about it.

Is 2008 needed? My interview is next Mon Jun 22. Not sure if there is enough time to get it from IRS. Can I just print the email I got from TurboTax showing that I did file?

cheers,
jasonb

Can I just print the email I got from TurboTax showing that I did file?

cheers,
jasonb

I printed the email confirmation from TaxCut that the return was accepted by the IRS, as well as carried with me a printed copy of my 2008 tax return. However my IO did not bother to ask for tax documents.

You can request it today and receive it immediately if you have a FAX number. I requested 2008 transcript 10 days back and got is last week.

One question - I requested last month for transcripts and they send me the 2 pages documents for each year . That document includes my name, address and how much tax has been paid and my account balance is 0. They also mailed me for 2008. My question is - is that 2 pages are enough or transcripts includes exact copy of tax documents that we submit every year along with taxes? Thanks

One question - I requested last month for transcripts and they send me the 2 pages documents for each year . That document includes my name, address and how much tax has been paid and my account balance is 0. They also mailed me for 2008. My question is - is that 2 pages are enough or transcripts includes exact copy of tax documents that we submit every year along with taxes? Thanks

That sounds like Account Transcripts. Yes, they are enough.

Is the tax transcript required for all applicants or only for the marriage based applicants?

It is better to have them otherwise there will be a delay. Mine was not marriage based application. IO asked tax docs for my wife.

I agree with rangav. While it is not explicitly asked for, it is safer to carry it to the interview. Also recommended on JohnnyCash's sticky list on the top of this forum.

I am going to. So, it's not sufficient to print confirmation email from Turbo Tax for 2008. I have transcripts for 2007, 2006, all the way to 2003.

Which transcripts should we request? Tax account transcripts or tax return transcripts?

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html

Either will do. Both are official documents from the IRS.

Tax transcripts are typically available for the last 3 years, and for the years before that you get account transcripts.

When I went for my interview, nothing was available for 2008, so I carried the Taxcut email confirmation and a printed copy of my return. I also carried Account transcripts for 2003-2004 and Tax transcripts for 2005-2007.

Again, let me state that the IO did not look at any of these.

Again, let me state that the IO did not look at any of these.

But since they're free and very easy to obtain it really makes sense to order those. I ordered return transcripts for years 2005-2008. For 2004 only account transcript was available so that's what I ordered.

But since they're free and very easy to obtain it really makes sense to order those.

Absolutely. It is better to be over prepared for the citizenship interview, leaving nothing to chance, unless you are willing to wait out a couple of months, just because the IO wanted to see something that you could have easily obtained, but did not.

Thanks,
Can we request for acount transcript for year 2004 and return transcripts for years 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 with the same call?

Thanks,
Can we request for acount transcript for year 2004 and return transcripts for years 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 with the same call?

I just called, the lady told me she can mail me account transcript for 2004, and return transcript for 2005 through 2008. One call for five years. Try it.

You can also request it via touch tone ordering. Choose option 2 then again 2, enter your SSN and choose option 3 then follow the prompts.