2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

This is not accurate. I entered US via Amsterdam and Paris. No problems with using AP. No problem in India also. Most of the airline staff do know about AP.

If you are using AP and do not have a valid US visa, then you may need a transit visa through some of these countries, but that is a different story.

rrdrai said:
Advance Parole is not a valid travel document to come back to usa via Erope. It is not about USA govt, It is Ero's union rule. All Eropeon country just ask you , Do you have vaild VISA? If no they woun't let you on board to flight.
It happend to more people.

Some time even in india it self airline crews stops passenger with AP.
and ask them to get visa, they went to counsoulate with emergengy appointment and get a stamping on next day. There was one other family was stopped in Dubai and visited dubai counsolate and got stamped. better go by singapore, it is safer when you travel via Pasific ocean. :)

My I-485 approval

Hi, everyone,

My case has been approved, finally!

I started LC in June 2001 via funny "RIR". It was locked in New York State for more than two years. In October 2003, my RIR LC was picked up by Central Processing Group, and was denied, and I was asked to go regular pathway. I did a three-day ad, and My LC got approved in February 2004. After waiting for another year, 365 days, I got my I-140 done. Then there came the I-485 approval after visa number become current. I just feel relieved. Almost 5 years! Three steps! What a journey!

I visited this forum many times. I learned a lot! It is the greatest immigration forum ever. So thanks a lot! Good luck to everyone!

EB-2
PD: June 2001, New York
140/485 ND: 02/17/04
140 AD: 2/28/05
FP: 1/27/05
485 LUD: 11/15/05, 02/09/06, 02/25/06, 02/27/06, 03/07/06
485 AD:03/07/06

Congrats !!!
GC-Soon said:
Hi, everyone,

I started LC in June 2001 via funny "RIR". It was locked in New York State for more than two years. In October 2003, my RIR LC was picked up by Central Processing Group, and was denied, and I was asked to go regular pathway. I did a three-day ad, and My LC got approved in February 2004. After waiting for another year, 365 days, I got my I-140 done. Then there came the I-485 approval after visa number become current. I just feel relieved. Almost 5 years! Three steps! What a journey!

I visited this forum many times. I learned a lot! It is the greatest immigration forum ever. So thanks a lot! Good luck to everyone!

EB-2
:)

I got this status change on my 140 today! What do you think would be cause for the same? Eric or any gurus, could you please throw some light on the same?
Thanks,

On March 8, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283

Gcprocess2005 said:
I got this status change on my 140 today! What do you think would be cause for the same? Eric or any gurus, could you please throw some light on the same?
Thanks,

On March 8, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283

That is nothing but the infamous RFE. Hope that the RFE is simple one which you can reply quickly and come out of it. This will be mailed to you and not to u.

Congrats Smarthi and GCSoon.enjoyyyy

GC-Soon said:
Hi, everyone,

EB-2

Guys,

We got the plastic cards in mail today. This forum has been a big help for the 2 years I have been following these forums. Thanks to United Nations, Jharkhandi, Jpanchal and others.

I wish good luck to all those waiting for their 485 approvals.

Thanks once again.

Job change after I-140 approval

Hello everyone,

I am posting a question that is not related to approvals. But I do not know where to get a response for this question as fast as we get on this forum....so here it is:
I am considering changing jobs. I saw somewhere on other forums that employer through whom I applied for GC can revoke I-140. Is this true? My lawyer says thats not correct. I am confused and don't want to risk it My H1B is also expiring in April. Please help me or guide me to the right forum for this issue.

Thanks a lot,

Dear GCALB,
Your lawyer is correct. Even if your employer revokes the I-140 its not going to effect you.. The reason is if your 140 is approved and I-1485 is pending for more than 180 days you are eligible to change employer and any effort done by your employer to revoke I-140 or cancel the process is not going to effect until and unless they have a proof that it has been received fraudulently.

So don't Worry.. Just Relax and make your new move.

Iaminq

gcalb said:
Hello everyone,

I am posting a question that is not related to approvals. But I do not know where to get a response for this question as fast as we get on this forum....so here it is:
I am considering changing jobs. I saw somewhere on other forums that employer through whom I applied for GC can revoke I-140. Is this true? My lawyer says thats not correct. I am confused and don't want to risk it My H1B is also expiring in April. Please help me or guide me to the right forum for this issue.

Thanks a lot,

You are entitled to change your job using AC21 if your 485 has been pending for more than six months. Employer cannot revoke your 140 as it has already been approved in your case! I have enquired several Attorneys in the past and they have all agreed to the same.

My I-140 Approved Today

Hi,

Finally my I-140 got approved Yesterday after 1 year and 195 Days. Ohh GOD when my 485 will get approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Thanks you guys!

Gcprocess2005 said:
You are entitled to change your job using AC21 if your 485 has been pending for more than six months. Employer cannot revoke your 140 as it has already been approved in your case! I have enquired several Attorneys in the past and they have all agreed to the same.

Thanks GCProcess2005 and Iaminq. That is very reassuring. There was nothing fraudulent in getting I-140 approved, so I should be safe.

Thanks and appreciate your quick reply!

Cheers,

FBI Name Check Briefing for Senate

FBI Name Check Briefing for Senate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This on the excellent Bender's Immigration Bulletin

http://bibdaily.com/index.cgi

See

http://bibdaily.com//pdfs/3-14-06 fbi.pdf

Date: March 14, 2006
Time: 10:00AM - 12:00PM
RSVP: House Judiciary Committee
Due to numerous concerns and questions regarding the FBI's name check program, which is conducted on applications for immigration benefits such as permanent residency and naturalization, the FBI will be hosting a briefing for immigration caseworkers or a representative from your office on March 14, 2006. The briefing is intended to advise staff of the FBI name check process and answer related questions. If you are experiencing difficulties relating to this matter, specifically the growing backlog, the extensive wait time on immigration applications due to the name check, and receiving updates from the FBI when inquiring on the status of a name check, your attendance is encouraged.

There will also be representatives from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services as many of the issues are interrelated