2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

vicky007 said:
Labor substitution to Come to an End

DOL Proposes to Eliminate Substitution and to Mandate Use of Certified Labor Certification.

http://www.immigration-law.com/

On May 12, 2005, last Thursday, the DOL submitted to the White House OMB for its review a "proposed" regulation in order to remove the substitution of the alien beneficiary and to require filing of I-140 petition within 45 days of the certification of the ETA 750 or ETA 9089.

Regards.

Will it by any chance affect the filers who have already filed using labor subs?

GC-Soon said:
My PD is May 2001 from New York. I Did inquirey and got answer. USCIS said my case is under security check and do not know how long it will take. The response for my spouse's case is simply one word: pending. I do not know what to do. Gurus, JK, UN, or other gurus, I need your help! Thanks!

JK and others have suggested the Congressman Route in such a case. There are other threads completely dedicated to "Name Check" issue, but there no single method that we can say will be successful. Just got to keep trying.

Did you send a Mail for FBI regarding Name Check? If not do so immediately. It seems that will take like 4-5 months to get a response.

Each passing hour I am getting skeptical that my case is stuck in Name Check. :(

patnams said:
JK and others have suggested the Congressman Route in such a case. There are other threads completely dedicated to "Name Check" issue, but there no single method that we can say will be successful. Just got to keep trying.

Did you send a Mail for FBI regarding Name Check? If not do so immediately. It seems that will take like 4-5 months to get a response.

Each passing hour I am getting skeptical that my case is stuck in Name Yours Completed Long Time Back, Nothing Oustanding With FBI..Check. :(

RFE Response Received by USCIS

Today I have received the emails saying USCIS received my response. Here it says

On May 14, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence
or information. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process
this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete,
the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in
this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
kamineni99 said:
Today I have received the emails saying USCIS received my response. Here it says

On May 14, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence
or information. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process
this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete,
the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in
this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

So many LUD's for a RFE? Now I started to get nervous.
What was your RFE about?

Gcprocess2005 said:
Will it by any chance affect the filers who have already filed using labor subs?

No. I dont think, it will have any Retrospective Effect.It will be Utter Chaos otherwise.

Regards.

Update on FP

Hi,
I did my FP on 05/14/05 at Newark. My 485 LUD also changed today.
Waiting to see the end.......

agnabi

youry said:
So many LUD's for a RFE? Now I started to get nervous.
What was your RFE about?

My RFE details were

1. Letter from employer stating Hire date, duties, remuneration, and prospect for continued employment.

2. Earnings statements for last two months.

3. Clear copies of personal pages on passport.

4. Clear copy of I-94

Passport stamping!!!!

Hi Guys.

I went for passport stamping last friday. They took the following documents from me before stamping on the passport.

1. I-485 Approval Notice
2. 2 Photographs
3. Index finger printing on the paper
4. I-94 from my passport.

Finally they stamped on my passport for one year and lady in the counter told me that "You should recieve your Greencard within a year" oh my card another INS Journey. Overall process took totally 5 mins over the counter.

Good luck to everyone in this forum.

Same here

I also worried about Name Check. I dont know whats going with my case.
Did any one know after how many days we get receipt notice for I-131. I applied it on last week.
patnams said:
Each passing hour I am getting skeptical that my case is stuck in Name Check. :(

485 Approved!

Just received the emails for 495 approvals for both me and my wife... "On May 16, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Thanks to all everyone who has posted in these forums for the last 3.5 yrs - you've been a great help with everything.

ck510

Congrats ck510

Congrats ck510.... Can you post your details (include FP dates)
ck510 said:
Just received the emails for 495 approvals for both me and my wife... "On May 16, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Thanks to all everyone who has posted in these forums for the last 3.5 yrs - you've been a great help with everything.

ck510

Hi

Hi guys,
Me and my wife did our FP on 04/09 at St Paul, MN.
My wife's message changed (FP received)on 04/20,
But no change for me.
5 weeks passed already. Should I worry about this?
Do I need to call to somewhere and make sure?
Please suggest me..

vllrp
-----------------------
LC PD: 5/2003 AD: 12/14/2004
EB3, EAD/AP/140/485 RD:12/30/2004 ND:01/14/2005
EAD AD 02/04/2005
AP AD 02/08/2005
I-140 AD 03/15/2005
FP ND 02/18/2005 / FP Done 04/09/2005
I-485 ??? 1st LUD 04/11/05, 2nd LUD 04/12/05 3rd LUD 04/13/05
4th LUD 04/20/05 (FP Received , for spouse only)

Congratulations ck510. Atleast one good news to cheer up today. Hope we will hear more in coming days

ck510 said:

ck510

mailgc2001 said:
I also worried about Name Check. I dont know whats going with my case.

I noticed, looking at hundreds of signatures, that the first LUD after the FP received message might be the name check cleared. Seems to be logical, otherwise why USCIS would touch your 485 app if they have no intent to approve it in the very near future? Anybody can correct me if I'm wrong.

mailgc2001 said:
Did any one know after how many days we get receipt notice for I-131. I applied it on last week.

if I recall I got mine in about 2 weeks

Last edited by a moderator:
JK and seniors - Need help

Hi All,
Today I call VSC and a lady spoke to me. She mentioned that my case has been waiting for FOIA dept to release them and hence could not let me know the status. VSC hads already crossed my 485 Notice date. I had earlier (March 2005) applied for FOIA requesting copies of my 140 and underlying LC. Since mine is a Substititure labour, I do not know my PD .

I am not sure if I had to call/fax FOIA dept and withdraw my request so they can release my papers for an officer to process or will sending another request for withdrawl will further delay my case.

See my plight, I am not sure if I am affected by retrogression or not and now not sure what to do with my FOIA request.

Thanks

gc_vsc

gsc_vsc,
Did you try asking the same person about your priority date. Maybe you could have gotten that peice of information without requesting for FOIA.