2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

insat123 said:
MA_Labor, Jolpot, Vicky2007 and other EB3 Retro Folks

I predicted our doom yesterday itself just using simple math and common sense. Again I am not being negative just writing the facts.

Three key things are:

DOS Statement saying they are utilizing 27% fully each quarter till date.
Which means the last quarter is going to be only 19%.

They are using 240000 visas instead of the usual 140000 visas this year and ie why we moved from Jan to Jun in 5 months.

DOL Backlog reduction center is going to pick up and approve pending LC's
and it is again bad news for us.

With my PD Jun 10 2002, i don't see any hope until FY 2006 (OCT 1 2005) and may have a small window in OCT 2005 where they will be able to use again 27% of 140000.

insat123 and for all other's who are victims of EB3 Retrogression,

As per the Report http://www.shusterman.com/siu.html#4,
the 100000 Visas used extra over and above the 140,000 is because of the Unused Quota till the Year 2000 captured as per the AC-21 Provisions.

Its not clear whether these 240000 number have already been fully utilised or the remaining 19% of this figure will be utilised in the last quarter of this fiscal ie from July 1st through September 30. If the Reports of USCIS doing a Quarterly allocations are true then most certaininly 19% (45,600) Visa Number's would still be available and will be utilised starting July 1st onwards.Whether the dates move ahead before fiscal 2006(from October 1st) will be clear with the next Visa update.

If the 80,000 remaining unused Visa Number (from year 2001 to 2004)are captured for EB adjudication then we might see EB3 Dates moving ahead in the remaining months of this fiscal.(A bill to this effect has already been introduced by Senator Kennedy and is recieving Bipartisan Support).

As far as the Backlog Cases at DOL is concerned a majority of them,atleast in Philadelphia DOL are cases which were filed in the later half of 2002 and onwards, so i doubt if there would be any further Retrogression on EB3 Cases.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
VA_CH said:
At long last there is a change in LUD in mycase. I had one on the 22 april, the day after my FP. At last there was a change today 5/13/05. I still dont have any message update though people have been approved without an update. Hope the processing will go fast from hereon. Anyone in similar situation?
NF-KappaB, your case is NIW if I am not mistaken.

Yes it's NIW. But I guess the "no msg update" has nothing to do with it.

EB3 Retrogession Predictions

Vicky 2007 and all other EB3 Retrogession members:

There is a slight chance for EB3 numbers to move forward in June Visa Bulletin.

Because they will start using 19% of 248000 from July 1 2005 which comes to 47120 new numbers for EB.

Because all EB categories are running very tight, so EB3 is going to get just its share of 28.6% 13476 visas and probably nothing more from other EB categories.

Because it is the last quarter, the retro countries like India, China and Phi can use the unused numbers from the world wide level.

So potentially all of the 13476 EB3 visa numbers will be used in the fourth quarter and there is a slight chance for the dates to move forward.

my colligues 2 guys got the 485 approvels recently. during discussions with them, we came to know for birth certificates, they submitted affidavits only
not sure maybe whoever submitted the affidavits, they are getting quickly with out LUD changes ?

EAD Processing Time

Hello Gurus,

Here are my case details:

EB3
PD : 4/12/2002
I140/I485 : 1/12/2004
FP Date : 11/5/04
I485 Approval : :(

The INS processing times show that the date is already passed.
Also, we applied for my Wife's EAD (renewal) last week (5/10/05). Does anyone have idea how long the EAD renewal is taking now.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Finally a FREE man - 485 approved.

:) :) :p . Yes, i am finally a free man. I got my and dependent's 485 approval notices in post today. The notices are dated 10th May. The online status never got updated for the approval nor did i get any emails for the approval. I got about a dozen emails today that mine and my spouse's card has been mailed today and the lud and message changed today directly for this. Looks like my case is one of the 27,000 cases mentioned in the article on murthy.com. All those who did their FPs between 25th March and 10 April who had normal LUDs for FP received but nothing happened after that can be hopeful .. chances are their cases could be one of those 27,000 cases and can expect some news soon ..

Had connected just to post the news.. checking out .. need to vent out all the stress. . time to freak out !!!!!

Question for jharkhandi and other Gurus on the forum

Hello Jharkhandi:

First of all I wanted to thank you for all the help you have been providing to a number of people on the forum!

MY question for you is around my Fingerprint/NameCheck clearance. I went for my Biometrics (Code 3) on April 15, 2005. Its been a month since that date and there haven't been any updates on the USCIS site on my case. I have seen a lot of people who have gone for fingerprinting that same date and even on dates after that, USCIS has already received results for most of them. In fact I met someone at the Newark Center who I stayed in touch with since then..USCIS already received his fingerprinting results on April 23! Should I be worried and try to get in touch with VSC at the # you provided earlier or may be should I contact FBI directly? Any recommendation?

I have also seen a lot of people provide their inputs on how the priority dates are going to be move for India in July. I haven't seen your thoughts on this subject. What is your prediction?

Thanks

bhandus2004 said:
:) :) :p . Yes, i am finally a free man. I got my and dependent's 485 approval notices in post today...

Had connected just to post the news.. checking out .. need to vent out all the stress. . time to freak out !!!!!

Congratulation bandhus2004....Have a Party on this Saturday night! The long wait that started in Jan 2002...is finally over!

Congratulations

Congrats bhandus2004 on your approval. It must be agreat feeling. Now you can vent out all the stress. While my I-485 ND is 8/2004, my FP done date and FP received dates are the same as yours. At least this gives me some incentive to check my mail regularly in the coming days!

Good luck.

mns2068
==========================================================
bhandus2004 said:
:) :) :p . Yes, i am finally a free man. I got my and dependent's 485 approval notices in post today. The notices are dated 10th May. The online status never got updated for the approval nor did i get any emails for the approval. I got about a dozen emails today that mine and my spouse's card has been mailed today and the lud and message changed today directly for this. Looks like my case is one of the 27,000 cases mentioned in the article on murthy.com. All those who did their FPs between 25th March and 10 April who had normal LUDs for FP received but nothing happened after that can be hopeful .. chances are their cases could be one of those 27,000 cases and can expect some news soon ..

Congrats bhandus2004

Congrats bhandus2004. Wow what a relief it would be ....
bhandus2004 said:

bhandus2004 said:

congrates bhandus2004 . Good Luck to US Citizenship!!!

senthil

http://www.murthy.com

http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_051305.html

Due to significant demand for EB visa numbers, the allotment of FY2005 visa numbers has been greatly depleted. This is largely due to backlog reduction efforts at USCIS which have increased the numbers of adjustment-of-status approvals, each of which needs a visa number. Since USCIS intends to continue their backlog reduction efforts, the high demand for visa numbers will continue. Thus, there is an announcement that if the demand continues at the same levels, it is likely that the EB categories that are not currently retrogressed will become retrogressed in the last quarter of FY2005 (August-October). Categories that are retrogressed could be pushed back further or become all together "unavailable." The DOS states that this problem could extend to many or all EB categories worldwide. This is in contrast to the current situation where, other than the EB3 "other worker" category for unskilled / semiskilled labor, only those countries with high levels of immigration (India, Mainland China, and the Philippines) are retrogressed.

I have never seen DOS giving such vague figures ... they were always clear and precise with numbers when announcing regression - also they announced well in advance when imposing regression on a category.

Thanks for the wishes.

nymagnate,mns2068,mailgc2001 and senthil thanks a lot for your wishes.. Hope those who haven't got their approvals yet would get them very soon ..

There was a mention in the latest Visa Bulletin (with a "possible" clause) that all the remaining/available visa numbers (for EB3 I suppose) could be consumed in the month of June.

Cheers

msd_gc said:
http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_051305.html

I have never seen DOS giving such vague figures ... they were always clear and precise with numbers when announcing regression - also they announced well in advance when imposing regression on a category.

Hi April2004filer - Just wanted to check with you few things.

1. Was there any LUD's between your 485 approval and the RFE receiced message?

2. Is it that I can expect the approval in 3-4 weeks after replying to the 485 RFE? Is there any trend followed for the approval and also is there any research thread in the immigration portal which i can look into ?

3. Did you call VSC inbetween the approval and the RFE receiced message for any reason?

Thanks

april2004filer said:
First of all, congrats to all the new approvals.

As I had expected, I received the 485 approval notices yesterday in the mail.
Though my finger printing was code 3, the notice clearly states that I need to make an Infopass appointment where fingerprint and signature would be taken for issuing the card.

And the Infopass appointment I got is for May 25.

Strange are the ways the USCIS works!!!

zbcx123 said:
There was a mention in the latest Visa Bulletin (with a "possible" clause) that all the remaining/available visa numbers (for EB3 I suppose) could be consumed in the month of June.

Cheers

If USCIS expect to consume a lot of visa numbers in June .... I guess that will be a good news for people who had their FP done in April/May and their PD is current. These numbers will get allotted to them.

assur what is your take on this ? I feel USCIS will ask for FP on an application only if there is a high chance of a visa available for that application ... otherwise they would not waste time in getting FP done while no visa number available.

http://www.immigrationwatch.com

Guys ... how reliable is this site ... it gives the list of each and every approval on every case ... including the first 4-5 digits on the case number.

If this is a reliable site ... I see 4-5 approvals of cases applied in Feb 2005 ... and many from Jan 2005.

monishd said:
Guys ... how reliable is this site ... it gives the list of each and every approval on every case ... including the first 4-5 digits on the case number.

If this is a reliable site ... I see 4-5 approvals of cases applied in Feb 2005 ... and many from Jan 2005.

This site predicts that my 485 will be approved only in 01/16/07

PD - June 2002
I-485
Service Center Vermont
RD 12/22/2004 ND 12/29/2004
I-140 EB3
RD 12/22/2004 ND 12/29/2004
FP Done - 4/22/2005
First LUD-4/22/2005
FP recd - 5/2/2005
I140 AD - God knows