2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

This came in today from moorthy.com

VSC Issues Missing Approval Notices

The Vermont Service Center (VSC) recently identified a group of approximately 27,000 I-485 (Application for Adjustment of Status) cases that were approved without approval notices ever being issued to the attorneys. The case approvals date from November 2004 to early May 2005. This oversight appears to be tied to a software upgrade. The VSC said on May 4, 2005 that they would be issuing all the approval notices and mailing them within one week.

It appears that the VSC is carrying through with this promise. The Law Office of Sheela Murthy received a large number of these notices shortly after the May 4th announcement. Most of the approval notices we received were for cases approved December 2004 through February 2005.

We anticipate that more approval notices are on their way, much to the relief of our clients who have been waiting for these important documents. We appreciate the VSC's identifying this problem and taking the steps to address it promptly. In some instances, the I-485 applicants may receive duplicate approval notices for their I-485s and should not become alarmed as these are merely duplicates of the original approval notices.

© 2005, The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. All Rights Reserved

subhasri01 said:
This came in today from moorthy.com

VSC Issues Missing Approval Notices

The Vermont Service Center (VSC) recently identified a group of approximately 27,000 I-485 (Application for Adjustment of Status) cases that were approved without approval notices ever being issued to the attorneys. The case approvals date from November 2004 to early May 2005. This oversight appears to be tied to a software upgrade. The VSC said on May 4, 2005 that they would be issuing all the approval notices and mailing them within one week.

It appears that the VSC is carrying through with this promise. The Law Office of Sheela Murthy received a large number of these notices shortly after the May 4th announcement. Most of the approval notices we received were for cases approved December 2004 through February 2005.

We anticipate that more approval notices are on their way, much to the relief of our clients who have been waiting for these important documents. We appreciate the VSC's identifying this problem and taking the steps to address it promptly. In some instances, the I-485 applicants may receive duplicate approval notices for their I-485s and should not become alarmed as these are merely duplicates of the original approval notices.

© 2005, The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. All Rights Reserved

can you provide the link to this article ? I cannot find it on the murthy.com site.
Thanks,
no_idEAS

I 485 Referral opened

I opened a referral with VSC asking for an explanation for my I485 status yesterday and the LUD changed today with the same message. Can anyone tell whats going on?
When I called last week, they asked me to call after 60 days of FP completion.
Thanks!

EAD, AP, I140, 485 (EB2-VSC):
RD: 04/22/2004; ND: 04/26/2004
AP--> AD: 07/08/2004 :)
EAD--> AD: 07/09/2004 :)
140-->
LUDs 02/07/2005; 03/07/2004; 03/08/2005; 03/10/2005 (RFE); 03/11/2005 (RFE) RFE replied: 03/30/2005; 04/01/2005 (RFE received); 04/04/2005; 04/18/2005 (Approved message); 04/19/2005;04/28/2005
AD: 04/15/2005 :)
485-->
FP scheduled: 03/31/2005; FP completed: 03/05/2005
LUD1: 03/07/2005; LUD2: 03/08/2005; LUD3: 03/10/2005(FP received); LUD4: 03/11/2005; LUD5: 05/13/2005
AD: :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Shall I have to wait for some more days or do status inquiry ?

Gurus
Shall I have to wait for some more days or do status inquiry ? Pls Advise

mailgc2001 said:
In that case I will wait for few more days. Thanks Itec.
itec said:
You can do stauts inquiry on i-485 after 560 days of filing because processing time for i-485 is 485 to 560 days hence you are in thier processing time frame.
You will soon get approval don't worry.

SENTHIL MURUGESAN said:
Youry,

this is normal as name check or Inter Border reprots being updated or being moved to adjusticator selfs . normal pattern expect one more LUD on 5/13 . If Passed and If 5/19 Passed with our RFE . you are approved in 4 to 6 weeks

senthil

As you said I have a new LUD on my 485 as of today 05/13/2005 and the same message as yesterday (On May 12, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence............). No change in my I140 yet. I'll keep you posted. I hope your prediction works all the way till the end.

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
mailgc2001 said:
Gurus
Shall I have to wait for some more days or do status inquiry ? Pls Advise

Y
mailgc2001

you do not have to wait for enquiries, as your PD is current and the Processing Date Updates for VSC shows it is now adjudicating cases which are 30+ days past your ND.

Regards.

youry said:
As you said I have a new LUD on my 485 as of today 05/13/2005 and the same message as yesterday (On May 12, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence............). No change in my I140 yet. I'll keep you posted. I hope your prediction works all the way till the end.

thank you

You will be approved in 4 to 6 weeks . Good Luck!!!

senthil

SENTHIL MURUGESAN said:
You will be approved in 4 to 6 weeks . Good Luck!!!

senthil

I hope you are right. The only problem is that I don't know anything about my 140. Called USCIS and was told that only my employer can make an inquiry about the application. To tell my employer to do that is like asking him to move the Statue of Liberty back in France. Can USCIS approve 485 without 140?

Sorry to bother you with this trivial questions
thank you

vicky,

you have to wait for the ticker to scroll...it sounds MORE LIKE "he said she said"...they(shusterman) believe that EB3 is going to retrogress...am thinking they acted on empirical data since they have been in this business for so long.

so, as they say, its good news and bad news at the same time - too many EB3 approvals means no MORE NUMBERS FOR US WAITING IN THE WINGS...

youry said:
I hope you are right. The only problem is that I don't know anything about my 140. Called USCIS and was told that only my employer can make an inquiry about the application. To tell my employer to do that is like asking him to move the Statue of Liberty back in France. Can USCIS approve 485 without 140?

thank you

youry,
My case is also like yours... I asked my employer to make an inquiry to the INS.. He refused to do so and simply asked me to wait for some more time. I have no clue how long will that wait be. :)
Senthil has to make a prediction on my case too..

XXXX said:
Senthil has to make a prediction ...

Guys:

If only things worked by predicting cases of each other. I am not trying to make it difficult to all or a spoil sport - but I am just being practical. Friends dont waste time on asking other in the forum to predict you cases ... it is just a way of consoling yourself ... after sometime when USCIS does not do anything on our case - it even more frustrating.

Beleive me superstition does not work in case of USCIS. It is just a long line of applicants and workers are few. Workers are few cause US govt wants them to be few.

just making my points ... not offending anybody.

- m

msd_gc said:
Guys:

If only things worked by predicting cases of each other. I am not trying to make it difficult to all or a spoil sport - but I am just being practical. Friends dont waste time on asking other in the forum to predict you cases ... it is just a way of consoling yourself ... after sometime when USCIS does not do anything on our case - it even more frustrating.

Beleive me superstition does not work in case of USCIS. It is just a long line of applicants and workers are few. Workers are few cause US govt wants them to be few.

just making my points ... not offending anybody.

- m

Agree with you.

Jharkhandi has posted a simple step by step guide to follow. If we follow these steps, it would not be necessary to post "predict my case" or "should I worry" posts. The Link is below.

Click here for steps to follow if your 485 is pending

Couple of them

youry said:

thank you
Hi,

I had seen couple of eb2 cases approved w/o 140 approval.
One case I new for sure was my friend's.
Don't worry too much.

All are in the same boat (waiting ................).

Gcprocess2005 said:
youry,
My case is also like yours... I asked my employer to make an inquiry to the INS.. He refused to do so and simply asked me to wait for some more time. I have no clue how long will that wait be. :)
Senthil has to make a prediction on my case too..
Prediction/guesswork/estimation/opinions/advices/discussion are the essence of forums. Everything is on the USCIS/MURHTHY/SHUSTERMAN/../../..etc. why we are waisting our time around misc "STUPID FORUMS"? when we can find anything that we need. In the forums everyone has his/her own way to get satisfaction and to escape from frustration. Guys don't give-up just enjoy, good day will bring good news.