2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

VSC2004485 said:
patnams,
i didn't snd any supporting documents. when i askd my attorny, sh said i do not ned it. Could you please tell me what documents i have to send. I (e)filed application on may 14th.
Thank You

If you are filing for extension, then send the EAD Stub (the one that comes with earlier EAD Extension). Other documents include copies of Passport (id pages), copy of I-94, copy of current EAD, copy of 485 and 140 Notice.

If you havent sent already, you loose nothing by sending them now. Clearly mark "Supporting Documents for E-Filed 765" on the envolope. Btw, did you give Biometrics? The e-file system is faulty. At first it asks to wait for Biometcis Appointment Notice, after a few days you will get an email saying that you need to call and get an appointment.

If you e-filed, how did attorney come into picture? You just took advice? I would not trust attorneys who are giving advise for free.

My spouse asked a question for lawyer which wasnt too irrevalant. She wanted to know if she could work on H1 after entering on Advance Parole. She replied saying that the sponsoring company need to pay more for this additional consultation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jharkhandi said:
I was always around. It was a fun to see people helping each other - I enjoy that too.

Long time no see!

I think all the senators and congressmen/congresswomen should be subject to a name check before they take office. How about a name check on a name called "George Bush"?

Actually, I think if someone had a name "O.B.La..n" (extend it yourselves) , the name check would be a lot faster because there will be people swarming all over the persons files and life.

Oh Name Check, ever since you came, my life is a wreck
Oh Name Check, with you pending, my 485 is up for a long trek
Oh Name Check, until you are clear, my employer holds me by the neck
Oh Name Check, you try to break me, but all I will say is "What the heck".
"I'll still be there-with you without, you and inspite of you"

ascii_boston said:
Congrats to those who got recent approvals! Well, if you want to know about EB2 cases still in line, look at mine, am waiting since may '04 for my I-140 :mad: Stuck for almost 3 months after I sent a response to my RFE.

I have consolidated the list of all EB-2 users listed in the tracker for which no I-140 approval info is recorded yet. Anyone below heard anything regarding approval or initiated enquiry with VSC/contacted congressman etc?

Active users listed in the 2004 I-140 tracker:
1) Sudh
2) phillybanker
3) gc_hopefull (did you hear back after RFE response?)
4) aniraj (did you hear back after RFE response?)
5) ctlabor
6) gc5-28
7) VermontMA
8) AwaitingGC04
9) sprintgc
10) ascii_boston - I have asked lawyer to initiate inquiry last week...don;t know if he has done that since I havent heard back from him yet.

Tracker needs to be updated with I-140 approvals for the following users:
1) gc12301975 (tracker needs to be updated with approval on oct 10 2004)
2) ravikm (tracker needs to be updated with approval in first week of jan 2004)
3) sisukapalli (tracker needs to be updated with I-140 AD 6/3/05)
heritage (inactive user? - last post Aug 2004)

Inactive/invalid users in 2004 tracker? :
1) avi_waitGC (inactive user? - last post July 2004)
2) aniltripathi (inactive user? - last post dec 2004)
3) vpr1 (inactive user? - last post june 2004)
4) scn0718 (inactive user? - last post oct 2004)
5) rathan raj (inactive user? - last post jan 2005)
6) zc03_when (invalid user?)
7) gcenigma (invalid user?)
8) meiltcq (inactive user? - last post Jul 2004)

Please add me also in list... see signature for details...

2nd EAD

Hi guys,

wanted to post that my 2nd EAD has been approved per the 10 emails I got yesterday. I sent the papers by regular mail to VSC - the RD was June 10 and the approval on June 24.

No news or LUDs on the 485 - wonder if I am in the name check hole as well.

Good luck to all.

Hi ascii_boston!
No update yet on my case. Hope month of July will bring some rays of light to EB2 filers.

ascii_boston said:
Congrats to those who got recent approvals! Well, if you want to know about EB2 cases still in line, look at mine, am waiting since may '04 for my I-140 :mad: Stuck for almost 3 months after I sent a response to my RFE.

I have consolidated the list of all EB-2 users listed in the tracker for which no I-140 approval info is recorded yet. Anyone below heard anything regarding approval or initiated enquiry with VSC/contacted congressman etc?

Active users listed in the 2004 I-140 tracker:
1) Sudh
2) phillybanker
3) gc_hopefull (did you hear back after RFE response?)
4) aniraj (did you hear back after RFE response?)
5) ctlabor
6) gc5-28
7) VermontMA
8) AwaitingGC04
9) sprintgc
10) ascii_boston - I have asked lawyer to initiate inquiry last week...don;t know if he has done that since I havent heard back from him yet.

Tracker needs to be updated with I-140 approvals for the following users:
1) gc12301975 (tracker needs to be updated with approval on oct 10 2004)
2) ravikm (tracker needs to be updated with approval in first week of jan 2004)
3) sisukapalli (tracker needs to be updated with I-140 AD 6/3/05)
heritage (inactive user? - last post Aug 2004)

Inactive/invalid users in 2004 tracker? :
1) avi_waitGC (inactive user? - last post July 2004)
2) aniltripathi (inactive user? - last post dec 2004)
3) vpr1 (inactive user? - last post june 2004)
4) scn0718 (inactive user? - last post oct 2004)
5) rathan raj (inactive user? - last post jan 2005)
6) zc03_when (invalid user?)
7) gcenigma (invalid user?)
8) meiltcq (inactive user? - last post Jul 2004)

Called VSC again - update

Hi,

I am another EB1-OR case whose case is overdue for a decision (I-485 ND: May 28 2004). It seems to me that it's mostly EB3's who have been approved in recent weeks. Maybe the backlog in EB1's and EB2's will be tackled from July onwards, as they won't be doing most EB3's from July till the end of the fiscal year. I've called VSC twice - once on June 13, and then on June 23rd. The first time, the service rep said that my case should be decided within 30 days. According to her, it was proceeding smoothly, and my FBI name-check / security check had been done with no hassles.

When I called again on June 23rd, another rep also said that my case was being processed and I should get a decision within 30 days. I asked her also whether my name check had been done (I didn't tell her that I had called once 10 days previously), and she said that she could not give out that information. I asked if it would help if I put in a status inquiry, and she said firmly "Sir, that is not necessary. You WILL get a decision within 30 days". I suppose that should be reassuring. I also told her that there had been no recent updates on my case status online, and she said "Well, that's not the case in our internal records. My records here show that your case is currently being processed". So, I'm hoping and waiting. I hope this is some reassurance to those of you, who, like me, have been waiting even though our ND's were well before the current processing dates online, and those who haven't seen recent LUD's on their cases.

My details:
I-140/485 concurrent EB1-OR: RD: April 29 2004, ND: May 28 2004
I-140 AD: Jan 05 2005
FP: April 7 2005.
I-485 LUD: April 8 2005, no msg. change.

docneedsdoc said:
Hi guys,

wanted to post that my 2nd EAD has been approved per the 10 emails I got yesterday. I sent the papers by regular mail to VSC - the RD was June 10 and the approval on June 24.

No news or LUDs on the 485 - wonder if I am in the name check hole as well.

Good luck to all.

I would strongly suggest
DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING..
1. To contact FBI to find status of your name check.
2. To call FBI to find if FP was OK.
3. To contact Congressman/Senator for individual cases.

If you do this, it will create a trend and USCIS will expect from everyone to come through this channel. This would be a great trouble than so called 'name check'.

BTW if you get "NO RECORD" response from FBI/CIA, YOU CAN NOT USE THIS TO EXPEDITE YOUR CASE. USCIS gets this in VERMONT OFFICE where FBI database is located and FBI officer does it for USCIS.

For a clear and concise phase, EB3 visas must be completed before processing starts for EB2. So USCIS did process EB3 cases irrespective of PD/RD. No doubt, the next phase is for EB1, EB2 to reduce the backlog and to eliminate the chances for oncoming flood of EB2 approvals from PERM causing possible delay for for all EB-Cats.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED TO KNOW MY CASES - PAKISTANI BENEFICIARY...
PD - 2001. ONLY 137 VISAS ISSUED FOR PAKISTAN IN 2005.
I called USCIS regarding my case I asked three question and requested YES or NO. Most interestingly I called two times and that was the same guy..
1- Does my cases pending due so called Name Check/Background/Security Check?
2- Does my cases sitting in "Viginia Center" due over 90 days delay?
3- Does my cases sitting in queue for its turn?

The answer was "We have no problem with this cases, please keep on watching web site for activity/movement of the cases. Your cases will be processed all together (6 applications)"

He DID NOT give me "YES" or "NO" for my questions
I assume that processing of EB2 is yet to come in near future. May be JULY.

Lawyer/Employer/Congressman/Senator CANNOT HELP you. DHA policies are being followed by USCIS where unnecessary approach will jeopardise the process or the position of a approacher.

So do not panic or disappoint. Be patient, your DAY will come. Visit forum when you have time otherwise remain engage in your work. Give your best time to your family, friends, work and not to FORUM.
YES, I am sure if you hear nothing there is no problem with your cases, just sitting for its turn.
USCIS KNOWS BETTER...

Some of you called/PMed me, here is the answer.
SL/DUI/DWI cases does not create any problem. DO NOT WORRY.
Please do not PM or call me regarding this. CONVICTION/PLEAD GUILTY are taken in different way. USCIS only issue RFE for DISPOSITION CERTIFICATE, which you can get from Municipal Court of the City of incident.

GOODLUCK everyone.

assur said:
I would strongly suggest
DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING..
1. To contact FBI to find status of your name check.
2. To call FBI to find if FP was OK.
3. To contact Congressman/Senator for individual cases.

I remember your advice a few weeks ago: "do not call USCIS in the 485 stage!" because you'll be delayed. Well I did it twice in 30 days and was approved. I even asked the lady from VSC, before giving her my EAC number, if I do any harm calling (I was ready for a month vacation and wanted to know about a possibile RFE in my application). She told me NO. If the officer, which works to your file. doesn't want to approve it, then you can call 100 times a day and s/he won't give you the green light for a long time.

assur said:
So do not panic or disappoint. Be patient, your DAY will come. Visit forum when you have time otherwise remain engage in your work. Give your best time to your family, friends, work and not to FORUM.
YES, I am sure if you hear nothing there is no problem with your cases, just sitting for its turn.
USCIS KNOWS BETTER...
It is so easy to say it after you are done. Everyone will try every possibile way to reach the end of the tunnel. If I'd be waiting for years, I'd do anything possibile to speed up the process.

My advice: "try anything which stays in your power to end the journey." I've seen people which found out after 1 or two years of waiting that they are stucked in the name check - mostly because they finally found a nice person at the end of the line when they called VSC. I would not want to be in their shoes. If they would have had a chance to find about the problem earlier, they'd be approved by now.

Good luck to all pending cases. You need it.

Hey Youry,

I did not recieve my card yet even after receiveing emai saying that your card ordered and will be mailed whever it is ready. Its almost 11 days since my I485 approved. I received the approval notice and it mentined in the approval notice that the card will be mailed to you directly when it is ready and it also says if you did not receive within 120 days, call INS.

could you tell me whether is it better to call INS and find out why it is getting delayed. I saw usually people getting cards within a week time. What could be the reason , do you think.

Appreciate if any give me some feed back on this.

Hi nymagnate,

I am still in the line. Nothing happened after the 4/11 FP recvd message.
Lets hope we get approved soon.

--Binary

nymagnate said:
Hello all:

it seems like this is going to be a loooong summer for all of us waiting for our green cards in EB-3 category. Can all these people please confirm if their case is still pending as listed in the last version of the spreadsheet. It seems like with all the cases approved in last 3-4 months, these cases have the oldest priority dates before the last published date of 06/01/02 and have had their fingerprints taken in Q1/Q2 of this year.

I can just hope that all of EB-1 and EB-2 cases that are pending are approved in the next 3 months, so come Oct 1, INS just approves all our remaining EB-3 cases!

Thanks

ID & Priority Date
july022004 02/15/99
Slave_Victim 01/10/01
rajnag 02/21/01
DesiInDC 03/15/01
gcva 04/15/01
waitjuly2001 06/01/01
outsider9 06/15/01
howlongTowait 07/02/01
gctarget06 07/07/01
singhnsingh 07/27/01
binary 08/15/01
call7593 09/01/01
gckawait 09/06/01
GC4Ever 09/19/01
sree1965 10/15/01
wgl_gc 11/18/01
ziv711 12/15/01
2001_labor 12/26/01
saffronizeddesi 01/22/02
ashhedge 01/28/02
nivasch 02/15/02
mygc2005 02/15/02
palmighty 02/22/02
ronbans 02/22/02
vranjgc 04/05/02
hdixit 05/29/02

anchala said:
Hey Youry,

I did not recieve my card yet even after receiveing emai saying that your card ordered and will be mailed whever it is ready. Its almost 11 days since my I485 approved. I received the approval notice and it mentined in the approval notice that the card will be mailed to you directly when it is ready and it also says if you did not receive within 120 days, call INS.

could you tell me whether is it better to call INS and find out why it is getting delayed. I saw usually people getting cards within a week time. What could be the reason , do you think.

Appreciate if any give me some feed back on this.

I remember a guy in this forum which has been waiting about a year to receive his green card plastic without making any inquiry. He finally found out that his GC was approved by mistake and in fact it's not approved. Why waiting? Call them! That's why there is a 1800 number.

Jharkhandi
Thanks for the reponse.

Here are the info to your Qs:
1. Raise a formal query with VSC on reasons of delay. (for representation).
I did status inquiry. I got the following response:
The processing of your petition/ application has been delayed. All petitions/ applications received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of the petition/ applications. As a result of the lack of manpower to complete the checks in a timely manner, we have no control over how long these checks will take. We have no definite indication of when they will be completed…..

2. Contact FBI to find status of your name check. (for U)
I got reply for FOIPA (No records). I am still waiting for Name check response. I send it on May 1st week,

3. Call FBI to find if FP was OK. (for U)
I called FBI for FP (1st week of April), lady told me that they send reponse back to USCIS on 3/31/05 (Same day I did my FP).

Well said!!

youry said:
I remember your advice a few weeks ago: "do not call USCIS in the 485 stage!" because you'll be delayed. Well I did it twice in 30 days and was approved. I even asked the lady from VSC, before giving her my EAC number, if I do any harm calling (I was ready for a month vacation and wanted to know about a possibile RFE in my application). She told me NO. If the officer, which works to your file. doesn't want to approve it, then you can call 100 times a day and s/he won't give you the green light for a long time.

It is so easy to say it after you are done. Everyone will try every possibile way to reach the end of the tunnel. If I'd be waiting for years, I'd do anything possibile to speed up the process.

My advice: "try anything which stays in your power to end the journey." I've seen people which found out after 1 or two years of waiting that they are stucked in the name check - mostly because they finally found a nice person at the end of the line when they called VSC. I would not want to be in their shoes. If they would have had a chance to find about the problem earlier, they'd be approved by now.

Good luck to all pending cases. You need it.

Hello VA_CH and others,

No LUD on my case after replying RFE. Lets hope new week brings in the news. Good luck to all.

Thanks

mailgc2001 said:
Jharkhandi
Thanks for the reponse.

Here are the info to your Qs:
1. Raise a formal query with VSC on reasons of delay. (for representation).
I did status inquiry. I got the following response:
The processing of your petition/ application has been delayed. All petitions/ applications received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of the petition/ applications. As a result of the lack of manpower to complete the checks in a timely manner, we have no control over how long these checks will take. We have no definite indication of when they will be completed…..

2. Contact FBI to find status of your name check. (for U)
I got reply for FOIPA (No records). I am still waiting for Name check response. I send it on May 1st week,

3. Call FBI to find if FP was OK. (for U)
I called FBI for FP (1st week of April), lady told me that they send reponse back to USCIS on 3/31/05 (Same day I did my FP).

So now, follow rest if the steps - representation thru senator/congressman 's office on the lines that I have stated in my earlier post. You need to push VSC further and further till they are ready to adjudicate. I

helped someone prepare a representation last week who is in exactly same scenario. It was indeed tough for him, cause I kept telling him for little above three months to do it else visa might not be available, but he did not belv me. His case is EB3/PD Jan 2002 - ND March 2004.

This is the time to fire your engines. Remember when going gets tough - toughs get going! Do not leave any stoned unturned. This is the time to complete groundwork.

Also attach a copy of item I and II in your representation. If you need help with same, identify the congressman/senator which you will be aproaching, find out how they accept representation(not all are helpful, few might be anti-immigrant), prepare a draft and then pm me.

Status

I am still in my final stages485 processing.
I got new email on friday with new LUD changes saying they couldnot deliver the RFE so it went back to USCIS. I don't understand Even though i changed my address on APR 20 th and recived the mail confirming my address change from uscis, how come they sent my RFE on 485 to my old address( supposedly)
I have to call them again today to see what's wrong.

nymagnate said:
Hello all:

it seems like this is going to be a loooong summer for all of us waiting for our green cards in EB-3 category. Can all these people please confirm if their case is still pending as listed in the last version of the spreadsheet. It seems like with all the cases approved in last 3-4 months, these cases have the oldest priority dates before the last published date of 06/01/02 and have had their fingerprints taken in Q1/Q2 of this year.

I can just hope that all of EB-1 and EB-2 cases that are pending are approved in the next 3 months, so come Oct 1, INS just approves all our remaining EB-3 cases!

Thanks

ID & Priority Date
july022004 02/15/99
Slave_Victim 01/10/01
rajnag 02/21/01
DesiInDC 03/15/01
gcva 04/15/01
waitjuly2001 06/01/01
outsider9 06/15/01
howlongTowait 07/02/01
gctarget06 07/07/01
singhnsingh 07/27/01
binary 08/15/01
call7593 09/01/01
gckawait 09/0from 6/01
GC4Ever 09/19/01fr om USCIS
sree1965 10/15/01
wgl_gc 11/18/01
ziv711 12/15/01
2001_labor 12/26/01
saffronizeddesi 01/22/02
ashhedge 01/28/02
nivasch 02/15/02
mygc2005 02/15/02
palmighty 02/22/02
ronbans 02/22/02
vranjgc 04/05/02
hdixit 05/29/02

Thank you patnams,
I have one more question.

My h1 is expired in last year so as i94 came along with it. Now i am on I 485 aos extesion. In this case do i still need to send I94.

VSC2004485 said:
Thank you patnams,
I have one more question.

My h1 is expired in last year so as i94 came along with it. Now i am on I 485 aos extesion. In this case do i still need to send I94.

I would say YES (you send copies only).

I-94 is probably the most important document a USCIS officer needs. Especially the one given to you when you last entered USA. USCIS officer decides whether you are In-Status from the last time you entered the country.

But for EAD and i-94, look at this way, people routinely send Pay Stubs along with different applications. Theoritically, USCIS doesnt need pay stubs. Practically, things work in a different way. Paystubs have become a document that proves your legitimacy of stay. None of the USCIS forms mention a pay stub as a document for any kind of proof.

assur said:
ONLY 137 VISAS ISSUED FOR PAKISTAN IN 2005.

Sir,

Please post the link to this number(137), if you still have it. My research says - it is little above 12000 in all category taken together (employment, family, asylum etc - whatever they qualify for). If it is 137 - surely it will be counted discriminaton!