2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Reminder !!!! Tracker Updated..

insat123,

As per the rules of the thread, you should have either included other recent posts (since the last time the tracker spreadsheet was updated) in the tracker you attached or alternatively dropped a message on the thread and someone would update yours "along with others" on your behalf.

Attached is the corrected Tracker with usagc2's and your info.

Cheers

If your 140 has been filed under EB3 category, my guess is your wife cannot file her I-485 (even though its based on your/primary beneficiary's 485 which is already filed) until your PD becomes current.

Gurus can perhaps throw more light ???

Introuble123 said:
To All Gurus,

I got labour approval in Nov 2003 and applied for my I-140/I-485.
Since then My EAD, AP, I-140 have already been approved.

I was planning to get married sometime next year, in India.

The Question is will my wife be able to apply for greencard ( or get attached to my I485 application) when she comes to US. As of now due to the retrogresstion of the priority date no new I-485 can be filed.
So will she be able to apply for AP, EAD, I-485 once she is in US.

Right now I am on H1B and plan to get her into US on H4 visa.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
EricS said:
In my opinion, NO.
PD in the case of substitute LC is PD of LC and not 140 filing date.

I checked with my lawyer Firm (Excellent reputation). They informed me that in the substitution scenario, the PD is the PD of LC and not the I-140.

Cheers,
Binary

query.... please relply

since i dont know how to strt a new thread.. i am posting my qery here..

I had labor applied in Feb 2003 in NY state with company A... since it was very slow.... i switched to company B and filed the labor in a maine... that is a faster state.. since i applied in nov 2004.. my state labor wil come soon.

I have folowing queries...
- where will my labor application go for federal??
- after the labor approval.. can i apply for I140 / 485... ??
- can i get and EAD .. (what are the requirements for the EAD) ??

did i do the right thing by doing this... ?? or because of the new rules.. all my efforts would go waste ??

TIA

Gurus please respond

I was about to apply for I140 / 485 ( using pre-approved labor with PD of 2002) . Can I still apply concurrently if I apply before Jan 2005 ?
The retrogression was announced on Dec 8 so is it effective as of Dec 8 ,2004 or Jan 1,2005 ?

help4lc said:
Gurus please respond

I was about to apply for I140 / 485 ( using pre-approved labor with PD of 2002) . Can I still apply concurrently if I apply before Jan 2005 ?
The retrogression was announced on Dec 8 so is it effective as of Dec 8 ,2004 or Jan 1,2005 ?

Go ahead and apply for it today or ASAP. I believe if you get a receipt before Jan 1 2005, you should be ok. Anyway we all be effected by the EB3 retrogression (if you are EB3).

Please delete the duplicate gsee on the tracker

I am the one who has AD - 3/16/04

The other one is a duplicate.

Sorry about the confusion..

FP Notice/Update on 485

Dear All,
Just to let you all know that we have completed our FP on 12/04/04 and 12/07/04 for myself and my wife respectively.
Today got the mail from USCIS-CSSO as follows:

Current Status:

On December 9, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Please update my tracker accordingly.

If this is the case is there a time frame when this could be approved.

Thanks

GC* said:
Patnams,
Yes, you are wrong. Here is what murthy.com says:

If one has an employment-based I-485 filed already, the first hurdle has been overcome. The employment-based priority dates are all current at this time, so they filed at a time when the dates were current. These cases will go through the ordinary procedures until the priority dates retrogress. Once the dates retrogress the impact on a pending case will depend upon whether the dates retrogress to a point earlier than the priority date of that case. For example, a case with a priority date of January 1, 2002 will not be impacted if the priority dates retrogress to January 1, 2003 in the relevant category. In this example, there are sufficient visa numbers available for all cases filed before January 1, 2003. Thus, our January 1, 2002 illustration case can proceed normally.
©MurthyDotCom
However, using the same example, if the priority dates retrogress to a time earlier than January 1, 2002, it will not be possible for the case to be approved until the priority dates move forward again. In this situation the I-485 will remain in pending status until the priority date reaches January 2, 2002. At that time, the case will be eligible for approval. Of course, whether a particular case is acted upon at any given time depends upon the processing times at the USCIS. While awaiting case action one is eligible for Employment Authorization (EAD) and Advance Parole

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_rempri.html

I rechecked with my lawyer today. He is still of the same opinion that my 485 won't be impacted since we have filed before Jan 2005. He seems pretty firm in his opinion. Will have to wait and see.

01/23/2004-I485(EB2) Approved: Please update the Tracker.

WOW!
What a relief!!!!
My I-485 got approved today.
Thought I would check the status online before calling it a day and there it is.
I thought it was a red herring(read LUD), but then the status says " approved".
About 10 minutes later got e-mails.
Thanks to all the knowledgeable people in this forum.
This forum has really been a source of strength, kind of a place where you can find solace.
Thanks to you all guys.
Thanks especially to MD_Rockville for his LUD theory. His theory really perked me up and made me check my status everyday since FP.
EB2 folks need not despair!!!!
God bless us all.

Please update the tracker.

Congrats buddy, that is good news, Saw some EB2's got approved mine is also EB2 labor sub. 01/09/04. just waiting. when is your 140 approved ?

GCMirage said:
WOW!
What a relief!!!!
My I-485 got approved today.
Thought I would check the status online before calling it a day and there it is.
I thought it was a red herring(read LUD), but then the status says " approved".
About 10 minutes later got e-mails.
Thanks to all the knowledgeable people in this forum.
This forum has really been a source of strength, kind of a place where you can find solace.
Thanks to you all guys.
Thanks especially to MD_Rockville for his LUD theory. His theory really perked me up and made me check my status everyday since FP.
EB2 folks need not despair!!!!
God bless us all.

Please update the tracker.