2004 case approved after talking to a military recruiter

Please consult me

Hi!
Take my congratulations on your success.

I am married to US citizen. I filed AOS through Dallas Pilot program on May-26. They should have sent me gc four days ago. All this three months I've been doing exercises. Moreover I have Bachelor degree. I really want to join Army, but goarmy.com states that you must already have GC

You think military can help and recruit me or to send smth on behalf of me to INS?

patriot2005 said:
Hi all,

I was granted asylum in September 2003 and filed for adjustment of status in October 2004.

Two months ago I was put in touch with a U.S. military recruiter who was eager to have me joined the Armed Forces. But to join I must have a green card and according to the INS processing schedule I had a long way to go. But with the REAL ID Act on the book the INS has the discretion to expedite a case if they want to. So the recruiter's superiors wrote a request to the INS and they approved my adjustment application earlier this week.

I am thrilled because as soon as I complete my induction into the armed forces I am eligible to apply to citizenship.

Does it mean that u can file for citizenship as well according to a Bush law? If so, it's a very fast way to become a USC for asylees :)

patriot2005 said:
Hi all,

I was granted asylum in September 2003 and filed for adjustment of status in October 2004.

Two months ago I was put in touch with a U.S. military recruiter who was eager to have me joined the Armed Forces. But to join I must have a green card and according to the INS processing schedule I had a long way to go. But with the REAL ID Act on the book the INS has the discretion to expedite a case if they want to. So the recruiter's superiors wrote a request to the INS and they approved my adjustment application earlier this week.

I am thrilled because as soon as I complete my induction into the armed forces I am eligible to apply to citizenship.

Can u point to a specific form or link with the request to expedite procedure of I-485 for those who joint U.S. Army. I haven't found anything on USCIS website.