2002 cases made only 12% of TSC I485 recent approvals

Kamal2

Registered Users (C)
I did some simple analysis for I485 approval data posted recently on immigrationwatch.com for the period 9/13/2004 and 10/04/2004 for TSC. The data sample is 679 approvals which is statistically very significant.

The results were amazing!!! The extreme majority of approvals are 2003 cases and there are even some 2004 cases. Here is the distribution among 2002, 2003, and 2004 cases approvals during that period (They did not report cases before 1/1/2002):

2002 cases: 12%
2003 cases: 85%
2004 cases: 3%

Conclusion: TSC is screwing old cases!

We, 2002 filers, must have been TSC officers in our previous lives.
Thays the only sin that could deserve such punishment!

I am scared

Even I am 04 filer, but I am scared by not clear 02 filers first and jump to 03 even 04. It is not fair to 02, and it could also happen to any other 03 or 04 filers in the future. I'd rather see 02 cleared as much as possible first, and moved on 03, 04. I am with you 02 filers, and feel you pain. I really wish you can get at least something move on like finger prints..... May my God bless you.

GAROL said:
Even I am 04 filer, but I am scared by not clear 02 filers first and jump to 03 even 04. It is not fair to 02, and it could also happen to any other 03 or 04 filers in the future. I'd rather see 02 cleared as much as possible first, and moved on 03, 04. I am with you 02 filers, and feel you pain. I really wish you can get at least something move on like finger prints..... May my God bless you.

You are an unselfish guy. It seems those concurrent filing got TSC's attention. Not sure if the 90 day concurrent filling was put in effect. I had submmited 485 for 25 months and got nothing yet. I will wait. :p

Garol,

Very happy to see your posting. It makes me believe there are still unselfish people exists in this world. If BCIS people have your just 10% of thoughts, old time filers would not have to go through all of this pain. Kudos to Garol!!

Let me add a twist to this one side discussion. Most 2002 filers have got 140 approved and are free to use AC21. 2003 filers havent got 140 approved for more than year in some cases becoz of concurrent adjucation policy....
So its equally bad if not worse for 2003 filers.... If they get laid off, the whole GC goes bust...

Long wait for I-140

For non concurrent , there had been gone through long wait for I-140 also, that wait time shouldn't be forgotten.
ND 02/22/02 (I-485)
AD ??

kailashr,

Most of those 2002 filers had already waited one or more years for there I-140 in addition to the current I-485 wait. So that should make their cases even higher priority. That is if TSC has any sense!

There is no sense in speeding a concurrent case that started 2003 over (I-140 then I485) that started back in 2000 or 2001 (in some cases before).

helloGC2004 said:
Kamal,
Wud you know how many were transferred to local offices, from 02 filers

I do not have this information since immigrationwatch.com only reported approvals.

Number of Transfers

That's an important point, since we've seen a lot more transfers in the recent past on this forum. (me included) :( And once they get transferred there is no more tracking you can do online, and there is no processing date that you can rely on, since the local I-485 processing dates are for family based cases, not employment based cases. :mad:

Transferred cases are worse than lost cases, since nobody wants to take responsabilty to search for them at a local office. They are out of the hands of TSC, no longer considered a backlog case, and the local office says that employment based cases are out of thier jurisdiction. Its like being in a black hole.

Last edited by a moderator: