2001 Philadelphia Backlog Center Filers - PLEASE READ

JustWatching

Registered Users (C)
All,

I have drafted the attached letter. The main goal of this letter is to request an explanation from the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center as to why 2001 cases have not been processed while cases from 2002 and beyond have.

Before I continue, filers of 2002 and beyond, I wish your cases will be certified as well. However, I would like to make this a targeted effort to a small group of applications in an effort to get a specific response from the PBPC. Maybe if we get a positive response from the PBPC (or at this point just acknowledgment of receipt of our concernts) we could then move to the 2002 cases and so on.

My intention is to add specific personal information of each of the people that would like to participate. This would ensure that PBPC would not say, we are processing, etc. but your case has not come up.

DISCLAIMER: Adding your name to this list is at your own risk. I do not know if instead of helping, PBPC will instead put our cases at the bottom of the pile. It is your choice to participate.

The more cases, the better our argument will be so I hope some of you will be brave enough to do so. If you are willing to participate, please send me a PM with your personal information (first name, last name, priority date, state filed, ETA# (if you have it)). I will not share your real names with the forum, they will only be included in the letter sent to the PBPC.

I will collect information until January 27th. At that point I will let the participants know how many names have been collected and based on that I will give another opportunity to people to pullout if they so choose so.

Thanks
JW

Please include DBEC. Lot of guys of 2001 are still there though they are working with 2004.

JustWatching said:
All,

I have drafted the attached letter. The main goal of this letter is to request an explanation from the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center as to why 2001 cases have not been processed while cases from 2002 and beyond have.

Before I continue, filers of 2002 and beyond, I wish your cases will be certified as well. However, I would like to make this a targeted effort to a small group of applications in an effort to get a specific response from the PBPC. Maybe if we get a positive response from the PBPC (or at this point just acknowledgment of receipt of our concernts) we could then move to the 2002 cases and so on.

My intention is to add specific personal information of each of the people that would like to participate. This would ensure that PBPC would not say, we are processing, etc. but your case has not come up.

DISCLAIMER: Adding your name to this list is at your own risk. I do not know if instead of helping, PBPC will instead put our cases at the bottom of the pile. It is your choice to participate.

The more cases, the better our argument will be so I hope some of you will be brave enough to do so. If you are willing to participate, please send me a PM with your personal information (first name, last name, priority date, state filed, ETA# (if you have it)). I will not share your real names with the forum, they will only be included in the letter sent to the PBPC.

I will collect information until January 27th. At that point I will let the participants know how many names have been collected and based on that I will give another opportunity to people to pullout if they so choose so.

Thanks
JW

1/19 Update

As of today 3 people have signed up. Would be nice if we could hit 50. 8 days left before we send out the letter.

Please read the first post for more information.

Anand - This effort is focused on the Philadelphia Backlog Center. I would encourage someone to lead a similar effort for the Dallas Backlog Center.

hi,

i wrote a letter when i wanted isnamerica to get somewhere before the great split happened. in any case, the letter is pasted below, you are free to use it any which way u'd like.

========================
To
Heads of Philadelphia and Dallas Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs)

Subject: Request for information and progress in processing labor certifications

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are a voluntary group initiated to address the current delays associated with acquiring legal permanent status done via a green card in the United States of America. We assert that our members are law abiding, legal immigrants living in the USA on work permits issued through the H1-B program. As per the H-1B program, the United States grants a green card to such immigrant workers who fill a void in the American employment system after undergoing a rigorous and through process of verifying the credentials of such individuals and their employers.

While we appreciate the opportunity given to us via the green card process to live and assimilate within this great land, we believe that the process is taking longer than it should and is causing excessive amounts of grief to our members and the immigrant community at large. Our members include highly educated doctors, engineers, managers and scientists from various nations who have been contributing to the American economy and creating jobs for the citizens of this fine nation.

The current problem at hand is that the BECs have not been prudent in processing labor certification which is the absolute first step in the process. There are about 300,000 immigrants that have been in the labor certification queue, some for over five to six years (this information can be provided). As a result of which such immigrants are going through extreme mental fatigue and lost opportunity cost. Such instability causes untold amounts of stress affecting not only their personal life but also the lives of their families and co-workers.

We respectfully request you to provide us with a report of the status and progress that has been made by the BECs since they were established to address this problem. Also, we request you to provide us with a timeline indicating the termination of such cases and the steps the BECs will undertake to address our problem. We believe that as legal immigrants who have contributed to not only the economy but also to the cultural and social well-being of the country, we deserve an answer.

Regards

Some organization or concerned immigrants.

CC: The office of the president of the United States of America
CC: News organizations - CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, CNBS
==========================

Regards

V.

Update 1/20

Well 2 days into my campaign we still only have 3 people that are willing to add themselves to the list.

For all the complaining that takes place on this forum, when it comes time to step up to the plate...well, it's quite silent.

Anyway, there is one week left. Please read the first post for more information.

JW

I am willing to sign up

JustWatching said:
Well 2 days into my campaign we still only have 3 people that are willing to add themselves to the list.

For all the complaining that takes place on this forum, when it comes time to step up to the plate...well, it's quite silent.

Anyway, there is one week left. Please read the first post for more information.

JW

JustWatching - I am intersted in signing up for your campaign if you can relax your time period to include 2002 Jan filers

need_info1 said:
I am interested in signing for this but do not have the copy from employer that the LC pending with BEC.

i just need your name, filing date, state, RIR/non-RIR.

Send me a private message with your info...

question

Filed RIR in NY in March 2001
Have no any number, letter, or any evidence
I know that some of the old cases are not sent to the backlogs and are still in NY.
Does anybody know how to check atleast where is the file right now?
I've tried to call, the auto system was unable to find the case by emplyer name or phone number.

mnmdesign said:
Filed RIR in NY in March 2001
Have no any number, letter, or any evidence
I know that some of the old cases are not sent to the backlogs and are still in NY.
Does anybody know how to check atleast where is the file right now?
I've tried to call, the auto system was unable to find the case by emplyer name or phone number.

as far as I know, NY DOL has been shutdown and cases transferred to BPC.

1/27 Update

Well, a total of 8 people signed up. I will be sending the letter to the Philadelphia BPC on Monday - so I gues technically you get a couple more days to think about it and get added to the list.

Thanks to the brave ones that decided to participate.

JW