**2001 JAN-SEP** CSC I-485 Mailers (from 09/24/2002)

Here is some update on my case (RD 06/29, ND 09/24):

Did 2 fax inquiries (1. on 08/20 to Div-I 949-389-3055, 2. on 09/05 to Div-I 949-389-3441) and in response a nice INS officer called me on 09/16 at work (actually he tried at least 3 times leaving messages before getting me on line) and told that "Responding to your level-2 fax inquiry, and regarding your case, every thing is just in place and waiting to be assigned. It is about time for your case to be processed and will pull your case and assign it to an officer right now."

By talking to an IIO on 09/19 came to know that only my case is assigned while my wife's is still to be assigned! Sent another Fax inquiry on 09/19.

Now back to waiting
PCee

Surprised

totally. I cant imagine that an INS officer called you untill he got you. Amazing stuff! Just when you think you know all!

Good to konw that Pcee. I sincerely hope that you will soon be approved.

-NV2001

PCee, guide me please.

PCee,

I am going to fax this week. My RD - 07/01 and ND 08/01. Need help on fax Inquiry. Can one send inquiry, or do I have to involve attorney i.e. attorney needs to fax it. Also, For level 2 Inquiry , isnt fax number 949-3893197. The fax inquiry form that you used, could you please post that pdf.

Please help

sumkap,

I used fax sheet from the following document (see 32nd page)
http://www.shusterman.com/pdf/csc2002.pdf

As per that document 949-389-3197 fax number is for Div-II for level-1 inquiry. I did try to use 949-389-3486 but I got a message some thing like "this number is out of service!"

I got the number that I used from the same above document (see pages 5 and 6 for that info).

On this form in the first line it says (Signature of attorney/applicant required)! If you have an attorney please talk to him/her first about sending fax inquiry. If there is no response from INS and if one has to go through AILA after 3rd inquiry then it is better if the entier process is done by the attorney if you have one.

Goodluck
PCee

Thanks so much PCee

Thank you again, PCee. Information you posted is very helpful. I was wondering if I should wait another week, as officially I will be past 30 days from JIT date. But looking at your Inquiries, it seems it doesnt matter; atleast these people start looking into the case.

Thanks again PCee for the info you provided.

PCee, whats AILA Inquiry?

PCee,

It seems my attorney already did 3 Inquiries, and is going to do AILA Inquiry in couple of weeks. According to him, INS is doing internal audit, hence no responses from earlier inquiries. I dont understand, If I should also start Inquiries from my side, starting from Level 1. Spoke with IIO, and found it is still pending. So she printed my file and sent to DIV1 for follow up.

What I dont understand is - AILA Inquiry - is it same as 3rd level Inquiry (Ombudsman) or it is something different? Do you have any info on this.

sumkap,
If nothing happens even after Level-3 inquiry then an attorney can talk to AILA liason in CSC who will personally, physically pickup corresponding case and look into the matter and respond. In almost all the cases AILA liason will try to resolve all the problems relating to that case. Note that only AILA attorney can pick up the phone and talk to AILA liason at CSC (only after completely following standard proceder of sending those three fax inquiries).
- PCee

Another update...

The same nice INS officer called me yesterday afternoon and told me that I got an RFE on 09/25 (confirmed through online status check). He also said that at this point of time my wife is considered as "rider" on my case and both cases are togeather and once I respond to my RFE the same officer will look into these cases.

Can any one provide any input on how long it is taking now a days for RFE to reach once AVM is updated? (I thought it is taking app. 5 days)!

Thanks
PCee

5-7 days I think...

PCee, Sorry to hear about RFE rather than straight approval for you. But happy to see your case is moving!

My RFE is generated on 8/22 and received by attorney on 8/29.
Since it is not for your wife, it may be employment based. Make ready all the pay stubs etc... so that you can respond the earliest.

Good Luck on your fast approval :)

To PCEE.

Usaully takes a week to ten days to get RFE, I got it for both AP and EAD AP took 10 days and EAD around 4 - 5 days.

So hopefully you should receive your RFE some time next week.

Good luck with your approval, Man you are so patient.

-RM_CSC

Here is another update...

RFE generated on 09/25, mailed on 09/26 and received on 09/28.

Asked for Employment letter, 2001 tax returns, W2s, latest 3 pay stubs and Employer's Form DE-6 (quarterly wage statements) for last four quarters.

-PCee

PCee,

Sorry to know that you have received an RFE. But at least it's good that INS has opened your case. You have waited so long and I hope it ends soon for you. Wish you all the best and 'm really waiting to see your approval.

Just wanted to mention this...

Does calling IIOs and sending FAX inquiries hurt?

Initially my anwere was "may not be", but now I am seriously thinking about it! I talked to IIOs app. 5 times since March (when others with same dates were getting approvals) to find out if my case is assigned to an officer or not. Then sent 2 fax inquiries. The last item that is being asked in my RFE (is not kind of item that is being asked normally) makes me doubt that it could hurt the case! It may take some time to get that piece of information from my company (it's a kind of large company with app. 5-6 hundred employees and it is lot of information).

-PCee

I heard that the IIOs we talk to have limited read only access to the case status database I believe. Thats the reason the information they provide to us is so useless. As such, how can they mess up with the processing?

From my experience of getting 2 RFEs ( kind of rare, most cases approved after the first RFE) and talking to IIOs several times, I can say that:

RFE generation process takes 3-4 months as the officer working on the case requests for RFE to be issued which then needs to be approved by a supervisor. This approval to ask for RFE is the process that eats up months as the supervisor is a busy job.

PCee

Any change in status on your case? Has INS received your response? Thanks.

gcRus

Pcee,

Please update my existing info in your tracker program
CSC - I-485 Tracking for JULY 2001

Handle : IFM
MD: 07/01/2001
RD: 07/03/2001
ND: 08/23/2001
WAC: 01-265
AP 1: 09/01/2001
EAD 1: 11/24/2001
AP 2: 10/01/2002