2001 case/a letter from TSC/what does it mean??

I just received a letter from TSC on the status of my case. This letter is in response to my calling the 800 number beginning of this month. ( RD Aug 01, ND Sept 01, FP Jan 03)
I don't understand it! It doesn't tell me much, could someone please tell me what it means and what should be my next action??

It goes like this:
The status of this service request is: Your case will be sent to the supervisor for review. Your case was filed on Sept 01. We are crrently working on Nov 01. Once a decision is made, you will be notified by mail.

Now how uncertain is that mail!! What does it mean? When? How long? What do I do now? What should be my next action? Just wait? for how long!

Help guys! Thank you!

Nothing I can say except "Be Patient my friend" atlest you get response... and I believe within 15 days you will see the result.....

Consider yourself lucky your case not only live but they resposne you telling you that they are working on it..... ask longGC(a fourm member) and others some ppl still in very painfull situation.....

Just Pray and be patient everything would be fine. no need to panic... j

Dont worry even you are from SR countries... they do have many dept to bkground check double check blah blah check..... it seems this cause becz some their interneal lake of cordination between Dept and response on time.

Good Luck friend!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand your frustration. The mail I got read: "You petition is pending. A request has been forward to supervisor". I called the 800# back after 30 days of the original inquiry (0n 4/23), but was asked to call back 30 days after I received the mail to put in another inquiry. I tried to explain to the rep (in vain) that the letter meant nothing other than the fact that someone took time to write "a letter" (and shut me up for a month)!
RD: 7/3/01 ND: 8/3/01 1stFP: 11/02 2ndFP: 4/04 Status Inq: 4/23

A suggestion: go through your lawyer or congressman, they may have higher level contacts than the standard NCSC request system and therefore more accountability. Are you doing 485 yourself ?

hi guys. No I am not doing it myself.

My lawyer is not much help. Should I call him and tell him about the letter? What will he be able to do anyways? SHoudl I call the senator's office too and let them know about the letter or wait for a few mroe days to call back 800 number? The response TSC send to my inquiry is for the call I made to 800 number NOT an inquiry from the Senator's office.

TSC might transfer you 485 to local office if you call

I called in April and TSC transferred my case to Dallas office on 4/30. Nothing happened since then. I don't know what unlucky 2001 filers can do? No one looks at you case if you don't call. They tell you to wait if their processing time doesn't pass your ND by 30 days. They kicked you out of the door if their processing time does pass your ND by 30 days. I have no idea how long the wait in Dallas office will be. a few months or another 3 years?

Totally frastrated by this system.

RD: 7/01
ND: 8/01
FP: 5/03

You should write inquiry letter by yourself

My husband's case was pending while the principal one was approved. He wrote the letter saying FP would be expired soon (there is a sample letter from the forum), mailed/faxed the letter to TSC. One month later, his case got approved. Same day, we received the letter for 1800 inquiry response, saying case is pending. !800 number is useless. You'd better do it yourself.

Sohuuser

My company is helping me with the application, but they do the paperwork and that's it. I need to do any "extra" effort to followup in my own interest. I put in the inquiry with NCSC myself and received the response. I then called senator Kay Hutchison's office and have given them my case details and copies of the receipt notices and the inquiry response letter. They asked for all details. Waiting to hear from them...
/adman

Useless and Hopeless with Officer#256 and 800#

I faxed a letter, Fedexed a letter to TSC on March to indicate that my daughter's FP will expire in April. No response. Then called 800# in April,
got a letter in May saying - case is pending and a request was forwarded to super.....like I don't this....
So far, no response after TSC ACKed the reference on Feb. 19.
What can I do next?

RD--08/01/2001
ND--09/07/2001