200,000 I-485 were filed in April due to 245(i). Will it slow down the process? eom

Thats correct

Out of those 200000 (if correct), Employment based petitions are a very small percentage (could be less than 5%). I don\'t think any EB based applicants were just waiting to be apply for 485 with a approved 140 and of illegal status to use 245(i). It makes no sense.

Milk and GCKool...

Hi Milk, GCKook,

I just want to say that I\'m one of those who got married after I-140 was approved, and filed I-485 for myself and my husband (245i). When I called IIOs while waiting for my 485 receipt, which eventually took me almost three months to get, the IIOs told me there are MANY cases like mine filed in April, and that\'s one of the reasons all the employment-based 485 apps got delayed getting their receipts.

I\'m not sure if it\'s gonna be like what milk said - it\'s just gonna sit there. That\'s not what I was told. In either case, it\'s not a good news for me and my husband...

i filed 245(i) ie Supplement A to I-485 for my wife, so that means many people have filed for 485 &a

i filed 245(i) ie Supplement A to I-485 for my wife, so that means many people have filed for 485 & 245 together - so processing will slow down - right ??????

Were family based I-485 and employment based I-485 handled separtely or together?

I mean same group people process all I-485 cases or different working force for two based cases? Just try to get idea how it gets slow down?

Thanks