20,000 green cards issued per day!!!

austin_eda

Registered Users (C)
Here is an excerpt from "Testimony of USCIS Director Before the Congress on 02/12/2004"

---------------------------------------------------------
Our intra-government coordination demonstrates that our approach realizes intended results. By way of
example, within the last two weeks, our background check procedures identified individuals wanted for
murder in Portland and sexual assault in Miami. We are making America safer against security and
criminal threats, one background check at a time.

But, that is just part of a typical day’s work at USCIS. Today, we will:
o Process 140,000 national security background checks;
o Receive 100,000 web hits;
o Take 50,000 calls at our Customer Service Centers;
o Adjudicate 30,000 applications for an immigration benefit;
o See 25,000 visitors at 92 field offices;
o Issue 20,000 green cards; and
o Capture 8,000 sets of fingerprints and digital photos at 130 Application Support Centers.

--------------------------------------------------------

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even I am.

One statistic that is clearly nonsense is the number of calls (50,000) taken per day at the national customer service center.

They just read what is already available on the web. And some times they do not even know the meaning of various status messages.

Uttlerly useless service.

I think they meant 20,000 Green Colored CREDIT CARDS

Just my opinion.

Originally posted by austin_eda
Here is an excerpt from "Testimony of USCIS Director Before the Congress on 02/12/2004"

---------------------------------------------------------
Our intra-government coordination demonstrates that our approach realizes intended results. By way of
example, within the last two weeks, our background check procedures identified individuals wanted for
murder in Portland and sexual assault in Miami. We are making America safer against security and
criminal threats, one background check at a time.

But, that is just part of a typical day’s work at USCIS. Today, we will:
o Process 140,000 national security background checks;
o Receive 100,000 web hits;
o Take 50,000 calls at our Customer Service Centers;
o Adjudicate 30,000 applications for an immigration benefit;
o See 25,000 visitors at 92 field offices;
o Issue 20,000 green cards; and
o Capture 8,000 sets of fingerprints and digital photos at 130 Application Support Centers.

--------------------------------------------------------

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

2000 green cards a day seems reasonable...

Assume 5 million green card holders in US.
Green cards expire in 10 years. So, if 10% come up for renewal each year that is 500,000 new cards that need to be issued for just renewals.
Assume 250 working days and that means 2000 green cards issued a day. This does not even include the actual new green card approvals per day - not that the number would change much!

Regards.
-- Sam

Nonsense statistics!

America is safer by BCIS background check ?

let's analyze the data for the testimony before congress.

Within last 2 weeks, Background Check revealed one applicant who might committed murder and one who might commit sexual assault. Each day BCIS processes 140,000 security checks. These data show that only 2 out of 1,960,000 (14 days * 140,000 checks per day) might have criminal records or minor background problem like sexual assaults. How many murders and sexual assaults were committed by American Citizens in a 2 week periods averagely ? I believe the rate is much higher than 0.0001% ( derived by 2 / 1,960,000 ). Let us ask the BCIS director who is posing danger to American people ? Americans or the green card applicants? If BCIS does background check for all americans and could lower their crime rate plus sexual assault rate to 0.0001%, America might be much safer.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's impossible.

Let's say, they work on the same speed. If they can only capture 8,000 FP at 130 ASC, how can they issue 20,000 GC everyday? If the number is real, it means they will issue 12,000 GC without FP.

American's math is really bad.