2 yr EAD

inianp

Registered Users (C)
Did anyone ever get 2 yr EAD? If yes, can you explain if you followed any specific method?

I applied for my 5th EAD (paper based) using the same old method that I used last 3 times (using the documents from this forum). I was hoping for a 2 year EAD (lost hope in 485 approval in near future). But adversely, I got a 1 yr EAD that starts from the date it was approved instead of starting from curent EAD's expiry. I was disappointed by that :mad:. This has happened once (my 2nd EAD). Last two were perfect (starting from previous EAD's expiry date).

No one can understand how USCIS operates!!:confused:

2yr EAD

Did anyone ever get 2 yr EAD? If yes, can you explain if you followed any specific method?

I applied for my 5th EAD (paper based) using the same old method that I used last 3 times (using the documents from this forum). I was hoping for a 2 year EAD (lost hope in 485 approval in near future). But adversely, I got a 1 yr EAD that starts from the date it was approved instead of starting from curent EAD's expiry. I was disappointed by that :mad:. This has happened once (my 2nd EAD). Last two were perfect (starting from previous EAD's expiry date).

No one can understand how USCIS operates!!:confused:

I renewed my EAD for the first time and I got it for 2 yrs. My dates are current and i was surprised when I got it.

My hubby and daughter got their cards today in the mail. I did not, although we all received the email that our cards were approved.
The starting date on the new card is the actual approval date which was 9/5 although the old card expires 10/23. So we lost more than 1 month. But with USCIS you never know how quick they work, so you can't take a chance and apply close to the expiration date, or you might miss the boat and be late. The cards are for 2 years and we used the same old method everybody else is using.

I also applied for AP renewal. My AP expires 11/9. My 2nd AP was approved on 8/22 and it is valid starting 11/9, the same day the old one expires. I don't know why they do not have the same policy for the EAD card.

But I am happy (even with the loss of time) that the cards came in the mail. Hoping mine gets here tomorrow.

Hi INIANP,

I am also on same boat, my Lawyer wrongly submitted my 140 in EB3 instead of EB2 and i am end up in waiting for years and years. This is my 6th year on EAD.

If some one know's how we can get the 2year EAD, that helps all the EB3 people.

PD - 12/03/2002
I140 AD - 04/2004
Local Office Interview on 06/12/2008
File is in St.Albans office with an Officer and it Admin Closed and waiting for Visa's to be current for EB3.

Thanks