2 years from RD today, still waiting for 2nd FP

Thanks all of you for your responses and wishes.

I contacted NVC long back in Jan/Feb 02 and found out that they sent my case to Mumbai Consulate on Nov. 20, 2001 and got some reference number and sent mail to Mumbai Consulate. But since lot of people who filed for CP got their approvals back in Feb/Mar 02 without any additional delays, I didn't follow up with Consulate.
(NOTE: I never opted for Consular Processing but my company and lawyer decided to file for CP and they gave wrong consulate-Mumbai. Mine should have been Chennai consulate).
I checked with NVC once again in Nov. 2003 and they still have the same old information.

I didn't do any degree course here in US.

I think my case and many other old cases are with an ******* IIO who is not doing anything or misplaced the file somewhere.
Its all bad luck.

Edison_NJ you are not alone

Dec 3rd was my 2 years anniversary. I am still waiting.

I visited my local senator. The lady from his office called VSC right away. She was told that my file has moved on November 10. And my FP are expired. I should not expect anything soon.

Senator's office says that they will keep following up my case and will let me know if they hear any update about my case.

I don't know how much it helps to contact senators.

Lawyers says we don't have any option except WAIT. He is not a company lawyer. I pay him.

I am in Simmilar boat as you

Hi Edison_NJ

I guess I am a simmilar situation.

RD 01/28/02
ND 02/14/02
FP1 05/12/02

RFE 09/23/03
Response Recd 10/27/03

No FP2, no news since then.

I am also in Edison, NJ and Case is EB2-RIR

Somehow I am loosing trust in all this. I have a very good offer which I have been delaying for 2 months just in a hope that somedow my stars will shine again. I guess now I have decided to take this additonal risk and change jobs or else ...

I share your pain and I have been watching your posts for last 2 years. Good that you contacted the senator Corzine office, I guess I have to do that soon

- Inteha

Just now I spoke to David York, Immigration Director in the office of Jon S. Corzine. He told me that he contacted VSC two days back and waiting for the response on the status inquiry.

Count me, too

My RD is 9/01 and ND is 11/01
1st FP 12/01 and 2nd FP 2/02
Transfered to NYC office 11/02.
Nothing from them since.

I just applied for 3rd EAD & AP.
Contacted Senator and they told me to check with NYC office.
No answer yet.

What should we do ?
Write to the President ?:confused: