2 years before VSC initiated background check!

Guys,
I have already contacted Congressman and Initiated an enquiry and they have asked the congressman to contact in the first week of Jan 05. I have written several emails to Khatri and others and I have also talked to my Lawyer and he is asking me for suggestions :confused: :confused: :confused: . I didn't yet contacted USCIS NCSC because, I have earlier contacted them several times about my case as they were really of no use to me, so I am hoping that by applying for EAD renewal, I will be able to make USCIS to open my I485 and hope for the best.
vijrek said:
needhelp 1,
did you try for a status enquiry, What is the message you receied from uscis, I guess you can figure it out little bit where you are. For my status enquiry they sent a reply stating, pending for service considerations, honestly I can't figure out, whether my name check was done or not :mad:

Thanks

File Placed with Adjudicating Officer

Does anyone know that means ? Congressman's representative tells me
"your file hase been placed with an adjudicating officer"....is that a routine
message again ? Anyone got that before. ? any idea what that means ?
Does that mean all security/background checks are done or are such checks
only inititiated by the adjudicating officer ?

That's good news.....

It means that your case file has made its way from gathering dust in the BCIS file cabinets to a hand of a decision maker => adjudicating officer. This is an important milestone.

The above usually happens when all things are in place and a final review is about to happen. However during this final review you can be issued a RFE or a case can get transferred to a local office due to the reasons you already know.

Now each decision (adjudicating officer) maker has a pile of files which s/he has to complete within a given time frame (and this time frame is usually a month in worst case) . Just like your boss expects you to do x amount of work everyday.

I would expect a decision to be made on your case in about a month.

needhelp1

Did you do your Second FP?. I am trying to understand why didnt BCIS request for Name Check. What is your ND? I have seen sevaral April 2003 filers in same boat.

JJ

Just Curious

goodluckgc2003 said:
It means that your case file has made its way from gathering dust in the BCIS file cabinets to a hand of a decision maker => adjudicating officer. This is an important milestone.

The above usually happens when all things are in place and a final review is about to happen. However during this final review you can be issued a RFE or a case can get transferred to a local office due to the reasons you already know.

Now each decision (adjudicating officer) maker has a pile of files which s/he has to complete within a given time frame (and this time frame is usually a month in worst case) . Just like your boss expects you to do x amount of work everyday.

I would expect a decision to be made on your case in about a month.

Where did you learn about all these details ? There's no doubt that someone
in my own position will be happy provided what you are saying is indeed
true but I am just curious, how do you speak with such authority ? :)
Again, I hope you are correct....in fact time will prove it, either way :)

the funny thingy is that when I asked a rep at VSC about a "name check..." they said they do not know what I was talking about... :confused:

You think too high about the rep

Who do you think works in that Cust Service office ? What do you think is
her level of knowledge ?

Have you seen state-sponsored or state-funded public sector enterprises
that are meant to generate employment ? The likes of which existed
in Russia, China, India ?

There's no difference between those and what you see in this agency.

joejoy & Sumantha,
Actually my story is long and I have already written several times about it in the form, so please see my response list for complete details.
In brief, I did my FP1 on August 7th 2004 and for unknown reasons even though I filled my I485 in last week of Dec 2002, I was not sent the FP for almost one and half years. Meanwhile in the first week of Sep 04, I wrote to FBI requesting about my name check and they told me that they haven't received any request from USCIS about it. So then I contacted the congressmans office and found out that Our files have been assigned to the Adjudicator in the last week of Oct 2004 and USCIS said that we will hearing from them in 60 days time frame. This means that Our files have been moved from the racks and given to the case work to work on our case.

Assigned to Adjudicator

So what does "File/Case assigned to Adjudicator" tentatively mean :

1) A final review , as suggested by goodluck.....?

OR

2) Its only starting now kinda thing..i.e Name Check will start, any
other Background Check will be initiated etc ?

If its # 1 above, that's a better picture; option # 2 means your time only
starts now.

amurat said:
VSC has never requested name check.

I think USCIS mentioned about its own name check. There are two name checks. One conducted by FBI alongwith FP check and most of the times result gets out pretty fast. Then there is name check conducted by DHS/USCIS which is kind of mess. Very good examples is Senator Ted Kennedy is no fly list (and there are more who are not as famous as Kennedy to be news-worthy). And I think this name check expires on 90 days (so if you are not approved within 90 days, I guess they redo it again - therfore this vicious cycle continues).

needhelp1:

As everyone I have never understtod the fact how and why FP notices was send after so much of delay.

I am trying to find out if Second FP notice is issued does that mean "name check" is complete?. .... dont know if this is true.

JJ

Generally in most of the cases, Name Check is done when the file is initially opened or when they send the First Finger Printing Request. But due to some operational or some other errors on USCIS part, some cases like mine slips from the regular process, so when the case is assigned to Adjudicator, and if he notices that the Name check is not done then he will probably send it at that time. So it is always better to send a Name check request to FBI so that you know what your status is and you can act accordingly.

Sumanta said:
So what does "File/Case assigned to Adjudicator" tentatively mean :
1) A final review , as suggested by goodluck.....?
OR
2) Its only starting now kinda thing..i.e Name Check will start, any
other Background Check will be initiated etc ?
If its # 1 above, that's a better picture; option # 2 means your time only
starts now.

Vicious is one thing...

pralay said:
I think USCIS mentioned about its own name check. There are two name checks. One conducted by FBI alongwith FP check and most of the times result gets out pretty fast. Then there is name check conducted by DHS/USCIS which is kind of mess. Very good examples is Senator Ted Kennedy is no fly list (and there are more who are not as famous as Kennedy to be news-worthy). And I think this name check expires on 90 days (so if you are not approved within 90 days, I guess they redo it again - therfore this vicious cycle continues).

Its one thing to be a vicious cycle; this is simply Unending, Infinite.
It seems like they have no timeouts or anything.....just keep doing it till
it hits.

Pralay, I think you are right. Today my local congressman's office called VSC to check on my case.

Lady said that tough part has been done ( I presume FBI name check), easy part is in process ( probably VSC/USCIS name check). I should hear back from them in 60 days, if not congresssman's office suggested to follow up after 60 days.

mbtech said:
Lady said that tough part has been done ( I presume FBI name check), easy part is in process ( probably VSC/USCIS name check). I should hear back from them in 60 days, if not congresssman's office suggested to follow up after 60 days.

Yes, FBI check is exhaustive and "tough" (how does it matter, if you don't have any criminal record at all). But at the same time FBI database is very well-maintained and therefore their whole process is very quick. This check is done alongwith FP. Once the FP + name check result comes from FBI to USCIS, you won't have to worry about it for next 15+ months (until you do your next FP).
But how often USCIS does it own name check or when it gets done, it's not very clear.