2 RFE in 2 weeks

allyearlong

Registered Users (C)
Me and my wife both had a RFE on our 485 on 1st of March regarding proof of legal stay. We mailed the documents (I20, School Records, I94, etc) as required. It was mailed to them on Monday and reached INS 17th March Thursday for which I received confirmation email.
Today both of us received another RFE via email, kind of confused and nervous why they would send 2 in the same month
Is this common to receive 2 RFEs'?

EB2
TSC
I140 - RD 05/2004 - AD-03/2005
I 485 RD 05/2004

Talk to your lawyer and make sure all the documents requested were send.
They have taken up your case for review after you send RFE.So that's a good thing.

Do you know yet what the second RFE about?

allyearlong said:
Me and my wife both had a RFE on our 485 on 1st of March regarding proof of legal stay. We mailed the documents (I20, School Records, I94, etc) as required. It was mailed to them on Monday and reached INS 17th March Thursday for which I received confirmation email.
Today both of us received another RFE via email, kind of confused and nervous why they would send 2 in the same month

EB2
TSC
I 485 RD 05/2004

AllYearLong - your case is similar to mine in that my wife and I also got RFE for legal status in Jan '05. We responded in early Feb and so far other than a LUD saying that they received the response, nothing else has happened.

Cheers,
rsns1

allyearlong said:

EB2
TSC
I 485 RD 05/2004
What documentation did you provide (with your I-485) to prove both of you legal status since your last entry? I assume you entered as F-1 and then transferred to H-1B.

I havent gotten the RFE yet..On the first one I didnt send my I20 and my wife didnt have her I94 for certain period. Our RFE was for that.

I guess the second RFE should be for Birth Cert, as both of us havent sent it on the first time...We will know today

allyearlong said:
I havent gotten the RFE yet..On the first one I didnt send my I20 and my wife didnt have her I94 for certain period. Our RFE was for that.

I guess the second RFE should be for Birth Cert, as both of us havent sent it on the first time...We will know today
That’s not a big problem but only delay. Did your lawyer not advise you provide all your I-94s since your (both of) last entry? By the way, what are both of you status at the time of filing I-140/I-485, H-1B or F-1?

allyearlong said:
We were H1-B when we filed
You said * We mailed the documents (I20, School Records, I94, etc) as required. * What other school records were required besides your I-20?

Hey Guys, got our second RFE, both me and my wife needed our Birth Certificates, also our law firm had PO box as their mailing address, INS requires physical address.
My previous RFE, I had to give evidence on my CBT, letter from my school authorizing my CBT and evidence in my program that requires Thesis
Hope this helps

allyearlong said:
Hey Guys, got our second RFE, both me and my wife needed our Birth Certificates, also our law firm had PO box as their mailing address, INS requires physical address.
My previous RFE, I had to give evidence on my CBT, letter from my school authorizing my CBT and evidence in my program that requires Thesis
Hope this helps
Your I-140 has been approved. It seems you have not received FP notice. But you will be fine. I don’t know why you had to give evidence on your CBT besides I-20? Is it because you ever did not register in full time during one semester or it is required by the USCIS?