2 questions

Miss.PinK

Registered Users (C)
1. Some people have a restricted SSN card, therefore they asked for a new unrestricted one , once their asylum get approved or they received their GC. The thing is .. my ssn never been "restricted". When I applied it the 1st time (I was F1 student) .. I got it clean without any sentences state "valid only with working permit bla bla bla" .. Just simply my name and my number. ..

my question is .. shall I asked for a new unrestricted SSN ? .. (I never seen any SSN that asylee have after they order the new one so I dont know how it look like) ... if it look the same like mine. I won't even bother.

2. From some of the post .. I've read about stamping the passport ... , where do we get the stamp ? and Is it okay just to have NP and GC ? ..

I wanna asked people who renew their NP .. , is there any identification in ur NP stating that u are a GC holder ? .. (but we are GC asylum. I don't dare to tell my consulate that I have gc from asylum because one lady told that and they took away her NP. so it's not possible for me , to have an NP with any identification stating that I have GC)

Rei,

YOu do not need to worry about anything. You have a GC in hand. Unrestricted SSn was needed for asylees whoose GC was pending and they had to either apply for an EAD every year or get an unrestricted card.

As for stamping goes. Before 2005, USCIS would send you an approval letter and ask you to visit your local USCIs office to get stamped and also pictures to be used. So people would make an infopass and show up and then they would get a temp gc with pic and/or passport stamps.

Thankfully its history now so just enjoy your GC and last time you should worry about anything is to get ur USC.