2 Questions on I-485

Suresh T

Registered Users (C)
Q1. Till what point(or the number of months after he has applied for 485) in the lifetime of I-485 application, can a guy bring his spouse on H-4? Assuming the H1-B stamp is valid for another year or so.
Q2. When is the last chance to add the spouse\'s name in 485 application? I mean how long after you apply for I-485? And if the spouse\'s name is added at a later time i.e. after applying for 485 as a single, is there any extra cost incurred?

Thanks in advance.

No Title

As long as you have a valid H-1 , and your 485 process is going on you can bring your spouse on H-4. No doubt about it.

I don\'t know when is the last chance to add your spouse name to 485 application. I am also in the same situation. I was told that before finger print , you can add your spouse as a "follow to join" if your spouse is already in U.S.That is SECOND dependent adjustment and have it joined in your 485 process. But confirm with someone when you can you exactly do this in the process.I also need answer for this question. I don\'t know about the cost either? Hope the information helps you.

temperory work permit

we have aplied for 485 on may 10 in texas we got the receipt in august
on the receipt the received date was 10 may and notice date is aug 10
can any one tell me depending on what date we can go to local INS for temperory work permit.