2 Passports what pp number and details should go in I94

vijay25

I am working on a L1 Visa.Since part of my name was(Surname) missing in my old passport and visa, I changed my name in order to reflect the full name and got a new Indian passport here at Chicago, now I would like to have my visa stamped on the new passport with the correct name on it.

Below are additional details I would like to provide.
Reason for my Name change:
My old Indian passport didn’t have the Surname (The Surname field was blank there)
Firstname: <my name>
Surname :<blank>
So as per US Consulate guidelines, I was granted a visa
With my first name as the surname and FNU (First Name Unknown) as the First Name.
Name on my visa : FNU <my name>
Hence I initiated a name change to correct my name as <first name> <surname>.

Below is the process which I followed for the Name Change:
1) Got an Affidavit from a Notary public that my name is changed from
FNU <first name> to <first name><last name>.
2) Published a Name change notice on an Indian Journal (Indian Express) to let people living on my home town to know about the name change.
3) Published a Name change notice on an American journal (Chicago tribune) to let people living on my current place to know about the name change.
4)After 1 month of a waiting time(This is an Objection wait period – just to make sure nobody objects the name change) ,I applied for a New Passport with the current name on it and received the same.
The news paper add, affidavit from the notary and other additional documents were submitted to Indian consulate in order to get the new passport .
5) Later changed my name on the Illinois State Id.
6) Later changed my name on the SSN.
7) Then changed my name on the W4/W8, Bank accounts.
Now I go as <first name> <surname> everywhere.

Before a week my father got a heart problem and had a By Pass surgery due to this i flew down to india immediately to see him.
By god's grace he is doing good now,i am planning to start this weekend .

Is it possible for me to re enter US with 2 passports(1 cancelled with a valid visa ,1 with a different name).
And what details should i fill in the I94?
Details such as Passport number,name.

I am really confused here,any help will be greatly appreciated.