• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2 month delay for notifications? DV 2012

LoveAmerica

Registered Users (C)
When I signed up it said May 1st, now it's telling me to check back July 1st.

Somebody confirm if this is true? I thought it would be quicker since this year they are not sending NL's through post instead on the website.

The information bellow is taken from INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE 2012 DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT VISA PROGRAM (DV-2012):

"The Department of State strongly encourages applicants to complete the entry form without the assistance of “Visa Consultants,” “Visa Agents,” or other individuals who offer to submit an entry on behalf of applicants. If you use the services of somebody else to complete your entry form, you should be present when the entry is prepared, and you should retain the confirmation page and your unique confirmation number. Facilitators may try to withhold confirmation numbers in order to make an unlawful demand for money in exchange for notification information that should have been directly available to you. Your confirmation number ensures that you can go to the E-DV website and receive notification of whether your entry has been selected through the Entry Status Check available from May 1, 2011 on the E-DV website. Entry Status Check will be the sole means of informing you of your selection for DV-2012, providing instructions to you on how to proceed with your application, and notifying you of the date and time of your appointment for your immigrant visa interview"

I think the date of outcome of DV2012 is wrongly stated by the webmaster. Just keep on praying guys. ALL is WELL :)

I also think that the july 1st date is just an error. I'm certain that it will be resolved before may 1st.

I hope this is an error!!! waiting 2 additional months is like 2 years for us...lol!! Perhaps KCC should be contacted to confirm this.
I also think that the july 1st date is just an error. I'm certain that it will be resolved before may 1st.

Last edited by a moderator:
The mistake has been corrected on the entry status check.It says smethng like you wil b able 2 check for your status on or after may 1st 2011 for those who applied for Dv 2012.