2 jobs on EAD.

joinedisn

Registered Users (C)
Gurus i have filed my 485 last week. Once i get the EAD/AP i am planning to switch to EAD. I will be working with my sponsoring employer full time. Can i take up a part time job at a place where the job description is not the same as the labor. Infact it is not even in the field of IT/Computers ? Will it affect my 485 processing ? Advice please

Thanks in advance

No Title

I would still stick to my employer on H1..
still I could use EAD for other companies I guess..
does not matter if its IT or not...

No Title

There is no problem absolutely. I have a friend and he works part time in the evening.

No Title

If u use ur EAD anytime your H1 is no longer valid. Even if you use your EAD at other places then your sponsoring employer i don\'t think u can maintain ur H1 status. Correct me if i am wrong.

No Title

I thought whenever you use EAD, your H1 is no more valid.
I guess you need to switch to EAD and could work on both places.

Correct me if I\'m wrong.

No Title

What\'s the point in maintaining an H-1 after you got EAD and filed 485? I think after you filed 485, you can not apply for H-1 any more because of the immigration intent. Am I wrong?

No Title

My understanding is that once your 485 is denied, you can still work on H1 (assume it is still valid) if you did not use EAD. But if you used it, you will have to go back to your own country and reapply for H1.
Correct me if I am wrong.