2 Full time Job on EAD is it OK?

Lakshmi2000

Registered Users (C)
I applied for LC in 1998 under section 245(i) for an accountant position. Say Company A. As per LC i don't need to work for the sponsoring employer. Company A is a small company with 3 employees, very stable accounting company.

Later I started working in other companies as a Business Analyst. I switched to many good companies.

I got my Labor and 1-140 approved and applied for 485. After I got 485 i started working in company A for 18 months as accountant.

I got a good offer from Company B as a business systems analyst and joined the company B making double the salary of A. I work in company B from 9 to 5. I still work in Company A in the evening and weekend.

But Company A is ok, if I work 40 hours during weekend and evenings. I do work 40 hours in Company A and still working in Company B.

I thought I would just get RFE, unfortunately my case is transfered for Interview to local INS. Do anyone knows a good lawyer, I need to discuss my case and if possible take him for interview.

My GC has been pending for more than 6 years, in the last stage, I don't know if I should quit company B? I really can't afford to live in company A's salary.

Please advise.

Lakshmi2000 said:
I applied for LC in 1998 under section 245(i) for an accountant position. Say Company A. As per LC i don't need to work for the sponsoring employer. Company A is a small company with 3 employees, very stable accounting company.

Later I started working in other companies as a Business Analyst. I switched to many good companies.

I got my Labor and 1-140 approved and applied for 485. After I got 485 i started working in company A for 18 months as accountant.

I got a good offer from Company B as a business systems analyst and joined the company B making double the salary of A. I work in company B from 9 to 5. I still work in Company A in the evening and weekend.

But Company A is ok, if I work 40 hours during weekend and evenings. I do work 40 hours in Company A and still working in Company B.

I thought I would just get RFE, unfortunately my case is transfered for Interview to local INS. Do anyone knows a good lawyer, I need to discuss my case and if possible take him for interview.

My GC has been pending for more than 6 years, in the last stage, I don't know if I should quit company B? I really can't afford to live in company A's salary.

Please advise.

What does company A give you? W-2 or 1099? If company A gives you W-2 and you're working 40 hours with them, then I think that's ok. If you changed employer (from A to B) I've been reading that you should have filed for AC-21 as long as job description on your LC matches with your new job.

As long as you have an EAD and you are working for atleast one employer whose job description matches what you have on your LC profile, you are fine. With an EAD you can work as many jobs as you can manage.

Hats off to you for having the drive and enthusiasm to hold down two full time jobs. I find it difficult to just do one. :)

2 EAD's

Thank for your comment. After I received the interview notice by email, I had many sleepless and depressed nights. Your information is very helpful.

I am on w-2 with both the employers. I am planning to get second opinions from attorney's paying consultation fees. I will post the information, so that it is beneficial to the immigration community.
My case is so twisted and i hope we will get the response soon.

Thanks

Lakshmi2000,

Usually not having employment or getting paid too less are more of an issue in immigrant matters, rather than having two jobs. As 140_takes_4ever said, you need to keep working for one company in the same job description as mentioned in your LC. I think you do not have anything to worry.

Also, don;t think your case is so twisted. On the contrary it is a positive and shows that you are a hardworking person who will be an asset to the country and will not prove a drain on government fundings.

2 Full Time Jobs in EAD - Is it allowed

Thanks for the encouraging words. My LC says hours of work as 9 - 5pm. But I work from 6 - 10 pm and on the weekends.

Hope it is Ok.

Lakshmi2000 said:
Thanks for the encouraging words. My LC says hours of work as 9 - 5pm. But I work from 6 - 10 pm and on the weekends.

Hope it is Ok.
LC does not need to say work timings. My LC simply says fulltime. So this should not be an issue. Good luck.

rk4gc is right. some people only work night shifts (system administrators and the like). it is still considered full time employment.

WAS In The Same Boat

Lakshmi2000

I was doing the same thing before my case got approved, luckily w/ God's help USCIS did not ask for anything not even an interview.
I worked in 2 jobs for 1 1/2 years. The first job, which is not the sponsoring company is totally different from the sponsoring company. I started working w/ the sponsoring company every Fri, Sat & Sundays. Only God knows how I survive! Even if I am physically tired I just got to do it since it is the only way to get legalized. Mine was 245i too.
My lawyer told me that USCIS do not care how many jobs you have unless, of course, if you are a minor. As long as you work full time, meaning 36-40 hours a week, 72-80 hrs every pay period. That's why USCIS ask for pay stubs & W-2's as evidence of your working hours & pay.
As for the applying for AC21, to tell you honestly, what I know is, as long as it has the same job description & same salary is involved you are fine.
You actually do not need 2 lawyers, just let 1 lawyer handle your case.
Do not worry too much, take it from me, just have faith.