2. Fingerprinting

can I go to take my second FP without letter?

Hello guys,

I sent my FP card with n400 to TSC at early July this year. I take to infopass and get the information that my name check is clear but FP is not.
Since i am going to go abroad soon,can i just go to the office to take my FP without notice letter? My first FP was taken outside the state at embassy.It is a paper print.
Thanks for any your information in advance!

I doubt it if they will let you take an FP without a notice from USCIS. The private agency collects money based on the notice.

Hello guys,

I sent my FP card with n400 to TSC at early July this year. I take to infopass and get the information that my name check is clear but FP is not.
Since i am going to go abroad soon,can i just go to the office to take my FP without notice letter? My first FP was taken outside the state at embassy.It is a paper print.
Thanks for any your information in advance!

Hello brb2,

Thanks for your feedback.Is this possible to give money at office ,so that I can get the FP there? How can they transit my FP information to USCIS then? Can anyone give me some information?
Many thanks in advance!

Your interview experience

Hi Atlanata_Brother

I am very happy to hear about the good news! Congratulations!!
BTW, you pipped me by a day. My interview is one day after yours. I look forward to reading your interview experience on the 10th of October!

brb2,

How did your interview go & what's the update from your side ? Your interview was suppose to be sometime last week, correct? You're also in Atlanta, correct me if I am wrong.

Looking fwd to your response.

Thanks.

I had a pleasant interview experience. I posted it on the Minnesota link. I have requested a January Oath ceremony because the Oath dates here are running for December right now. I have an upcoming overseas visit and did not want to travel to a passport office in Chicago just for the passport.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=189218&page=8

brb2,

How did your interview go & what's the update from your side ? Your interview was suppose to be sometime last week, correct? You're also in Atlanta, correct me if I am wrong.

Looking fwd to your response.

Thanks.

Second Fingerprint notice

I just received a second FP notice for end of October. I hope its the end of the process. I will post more once I get a chance to verify if my name check is indeed complete. Based on other posts, seems like it's a very positive development to receive a second fingerprint notice.

Nred

Not for me

I just received a second FP notice for end of October. I hope its the end of the process. I will post more once I get a chance to verify if my name check is indeed complete. Based on other posts, seems like it's a very positive development to receive a second fingerprint notice.

Nred

nred,

Please read my postings. I am not trying to discourage you here but please be ready and prepared for anything. You are dealing with USCIS here. My 2nd FP notice was infact a very negative development. When I called the cust service the other day I was told that it resets the whole thing (back to square 1) and the whole time between my first FP and first interview letter is wasted. I wish you all the best.

correction

You are right, I will post more once I do an infopass. Lets hope for the best. I am an optimist.

Yes, you make sense but....

I guess in my case, it's not really the additional security which is holding and delaying my case, as Cybex said earlier it's my missing file which USCIS doesn't seem to locate. They called me for my 2nd FP in the first week of Sep and then scheduled me for my 2nd interview last week. The reason they can't interview me coz the file hasn't been transferred to the local DO. I experienced this twice in a row. Like you said, 2nd FP notice is a good sign, but not in my case.

Good luck to you.

That's just not fair.

AB

That is just plain wrong, to make you go all the way there and find out that your file didn't make it. What if you had to drive far to get to the Field Office.

How did you handle the situation? Were they apologetic? Did you insist on talking to a supervisor or chief of the Field Office?

I feel your pain.

Nred

Yes I had to travel

AB

That is just plain wrong, to make you go all the way there and find out that your file didn't make it. What if you had to drive far to get to the Field Office.

How did you handle the situation? Were they apologetic? Did you insist on talking to a supervisor or chief of the Field Office?

I feel your pain.

Nred

nred,

Thanks for feeling my pain. I wish nobody has to go thru this. I was working out of town on a project when I went for my first interview. My family along with my 2 kids (one was 3 month old) drove 3 hrs to make it for my citizenship interview just to hear that my file didn't make it. The officer told me that I have to basically go home & wait for another interview notice. Second time when my interview notice came after 9 months wait, I specifically decided not to travel or take up any project or assignment out of Atlanta. I declined couple of opportunities in west coast so that for what if I may not get time off and miss my interview. I preferred taking care of this citizenship interview first before I take up a new project esp if it was away from home & there is travel involved. On the 10th when I showed up for the interview, I get to hear the same story...."File not transferred to the local office". The officer told me that they will go ahead and put another request to get my file transferred here, but at this point they don't even know where your file is :eek:

Let's see what future holds for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lot of things to consider

What do you all think? Is IL coming soon? I just got my 2nd FP notice!

Thanks,

PD: 4/21/06 VSC
1st FP: 6/07/06
2nd FP:10/22/07
IL :????????

Has your name check cleared? If the answer is "yes", I think you stand a pretty good chance of receiving your interview letter in the mail, probably sometime in Nov.

Visit your local office

I have no idea if NC is cleared..I haven't done anything since I applied..besides waiting and waiting..

Thanks,

PD: 4/21/06 VSC
1st FP: 6/07/06
2nd FP:10/22/07
IL :????????

Maz88,

If I were you, I would make an infopass apptt and visit my local DO to make sure your name check is cleared and to get more update. I have heard when you make an info pass apptt, it alerts the USCIS system that the person has done an inquiry. This way they may work on scheduling you an interview soon. Try it.

My case status disappeared on 11/06!!!!!!Wow..is my IL on it's way?:)

You should receive your interview letter shortly. I received my letter a day or two after the online status disappeared. Good luck.