2. Fingerprinting

springbranch

Registered Users (C)
My first fingerprinting taken on May 17 2006. Today I received a letter from USCIS for 2. finger printing. (Applied for N400 in 4/2006, nothing moving since then)

Questions

1. Does this letter mean that USCIS working on my case and interview soon?
2. I will be out of country on scheduled day, Should I reschedule it or just walk in to get fingerprinting done?

You all's help greatly appreciated.

I have seen one another second FP notice on this board. I think this is a good sign. Walk in on any Wednesday afternoon you should be fine. I myself walked in the very next day of receiving my FP notice. I never even asked "Am I eligible...or Can I...". The person did not even see the appointment date. Just ushered me in:)

My first fingerprinting taken on May 17 2006. Today I received a letter from USCIS for 2. finger printing. (Applied for N400 in 4/2006, nothing moving since then)

Questions

1. Does this letter mean that USCIS working on my case and interview soon?
2. I will be out of country on scheduled day, Should I reschedule it or just walk in to get fingerprinting done?

You all's help greatly appreciated.

Yes, it's me. I got my second fingerprints done in Atlanta yesterday. There was some official person standing right at the entrance. He was not only checking and making sure if I came on the right date but also making sure if my apptt was at 8am and not 9am so he could let me in.
As far as getting an interview letter soon since I got the second FP notice, there are 2 school of thoughts here.
1) Yes, USCIS is actively working on my case and soon I should get my IL in the mail.
2) This FP notice is automatically generated every 15 months. There is no need to jump up and down. I know a friend who has been waiting for his interview call for the last 5 yrs. So far he has gone thru 3 finger prints appointments....what does that tell you and me? Something to think about.

In short here is my timeline:

Priority date: April 2006
1st FP: May 2006
Interview date: Jan 2007
Interview did not take place and the officer told me that my file was not transferred from TX so I will be notified in the mail in few weeks for my IL.
2nd FP: Sept 2007
Interview Letter: Pending
Oath: ????

Atlanta brother, I would go for the 1st school of thought. It is perfectly fine to send finger print letters every 15 months for 485 applicants not n400 applications. In that case their basis for staying in the country is continuously being checked. Here that has nothing to do for green card holders. That is just my thought.

BTW, I have been following your case for some time now, I was under the impression you were planning to sue USCIS after your return from an overseas visit. What has made you not pursue any action?

Yes, it's me. I got my second fingerprints done in Atlanta yesterday. There was some official person standing right at the entrance. He was not only checking and making sure if I came on the right date but also making sure if my apptt was at 8am and not 9am so he could let me in.
As far as getting an interview letter soon since I got the second FP notice, there are 2 school of thoughts here.
1) Yes, USCIS is actively working on my case and soon I should get my IL in the mail.
2) This FP notice is automatically generated every 15 months. There is no need to jump up and down. I know a friend who has been waiting for his interview call for the last 5 yrs. So far he has gone thru 3 finger prints appointments....what does that tell you and me? Something to think about.

In short here is my timeline:

Priority date: April 2006
Interview date: Jan 2007
Interview did not take place and the officer told me that my file was not transferred from TX so I will be notified in the mail in few weeks for my IL.
2nd FP: Sept 2007
Interview Letter: Pending
Oath: ????

went to the fingerprinting office today. they were extremly busy, i was told to come back later in an hour. I did what i was told , left and went back. After an hour there were only a few people in line. I got it taken care of.

Question

Last time when I was over there, they took my pictures too. However they did not take my pictures today. Why?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wom

Fisrt of all let me thank you brb2 for showing interest in my case. I am planning on meeting this attorney tomorrow afternoon to discuss my case. He is strongly encouraging to go ahead with filing law suit (WOM I guess). Let's hope whatever we decide, it works out for us. I think we have given USCIS enough time. The interesting thing is, my FP and name check has been cleared upon inquiry thru info pass back in March, but there is some last USCIS check which is holding my case. :confused: Not too many people go thru that. It is usually finger prints and name check and you are good to go, isn't it?
If you recall, I applied for my citizenship last year back in April and I was called for the interview on Jan 22nd this year. Waited 17 months after applying and over 7 months after my interview call. I think just because I was never interviewed, doesn't mean that I should wait, wait & wait. If the lawyer feels comfortable taking my case to the court, I don't have any problems with that. brb2 let me know what your thoughts are on this.
Thanks.

Well Atlantabrother, having seen so many cases over the last several years on this board, I do know that there are sometimes additional checks like CIA check that is added on, for non-consular processing green card cases. This is very rare but has happened before. Frequent visits to one's home country (and if that country belongs to the list that some one thinks is a security risk) then this too could trigger an overseas security check through CIA. I thus don't think your case is anyway related to a 'file' not in. File is not sent to the local service center unless everything is clear. In your case it could be additional security checks. This could well take a long time and that is why I think filing a case is the way to go. I can very well understand your feelings of frustration. I did not get stuck in name check, but never having committed a crime (not even a speeding ticket) I too would have been outraged if my case was unreasonably delayed and would definitely have sued. Good luck with your case.

Fisrt of all let me thank you brb2 for showing interest in my case. I am planning on meeting this attorney tomorrow afternoon to discuss my case. He is strongly encouraging to go ahead with filing law suit (WOM I guess). Let's hope whatever we decide, it works out for us. I think we have given USCIS enough time. The interesting thing is, my FP and name check has been cleared upon inquiry thru info pass back in March, but there is some last USCIS check which is holding my case. :confused: Not too many people go thru that. It is usually finger prints and name check and you are good to go, isn't it?
If you recall, I applied for my citizenship last year back in April and I was called for the interview on Jan 22nd this year. Waited 17 months after applying and over 7 months after my interview call. I think just because I was never interviewed, doesn't mean that I should wait, wait & wait. If the lawyer feels comfortable taking my case to the court, I don't have any problems with that. brb2 let me know what your thoughts are on this.
Thanks.

Right on !

Good morning brb2.
Just saw your posting and reply. Thank you, you convinced me and made my day. Atleast you understand what I am going thru and I am glad that you are with me. I have an apptt with the attorney this afternoon around 3pm.
Just to refresh your memory, my case is pening N-400 (Citizenship) and not Green card. I don't know, I read somehwere you mentioning Green card. May be I am wrong.
I will keep u posted.
Take care and have a good day.

Atlanta_Brother, please update us on your lawyer's advice. Regarding the green card, what i meant was that those who adjust status in the US have not had a "local police clearance" in the process. Those who do a Consular processing have gone through that and a vetting by the overseas US embassy. During naturalization, if there is a flag for addtional security checks, then some on who adjusted status is more likely to undergo overseas security checks rather than some one who got his/her green card through consular processing.
I got my green card through consular processing in Sydney.
Good morning brb2.
Just saw your posting and reply. Thank you, you convinced me and made my day. Atleast you understand what I am going thru and I am glad that you are with me. I have an apptt with the attorney this afternoon around 3pm.
Just to refresh your memory, my case is pening N-400 (Citizenship) and not Green card. I don't know, I read somehwere you mentioning Green card. May be I am wrong.
I will keep u posted.
Take care and have a good day.

Update on today's meeting with the attorney

Well brb2.....I went to see this attorney at 2:30pm this afternoon. He sat with me and looked at all my paperwork for good 15-20 mins. He then advised me that he doesn't feel too comfortable doing mandamus with my case right at this moment. He said that he thought about it and changed his decision at the last minute. He thinks that we should wait till mid of Oct. By then my 2nd finger prints would be in the system and you never know I may get my IL by then. Secondly, it will look lot appropriate when he shows the judge that his client has waited 18 months. If he does the mandamus at this stage, it will be 16 months since my priority date. In short 18 months looks more convincing in front of the judge. He also advised that I should do one more info pass at the end of this month and see where I stand.
Let's hope for the best.

My journey is about to end

Springbranch, brb2 and worried2007

I have some good news to share. All of a sudden, something told me today to call USCIS cust service to ask about my pending N-400 status. I requested to be transferred to the officer. The officer gave me this news and made my day and without wasting a single minute I wanted to share this news with you all & esp you two and whoever got 2nd FP notices. I was fingerprinted for the 2nd time last Tuesday, Sep 4th and guess what ? The officer told me that my interview letter was mailed yesterday & my interview date is Oct 10, almost a month from now.
I request you all, esp ppl with 2nd FP notices. Please stay in touch with customer service and hopefully you guys are few weeks away from your IL. Believe me the pain and this long wait will be over.

Let me know if I could be of any help.

Here is my timeline:

PD: April 2006
1st Interview Notice sent: End of Dec
Interview Date: Jan 2007
File was not transferred so I was sent home by the officer
2nd FP: Sep 4th 2007
2nd Interview Notice sent: Sep 11 2007
Interview date: Oct 10th 2007

Hi Atlanata_Brother

I am very happy to hear about the good news! Congratulations!!
BTW, you pipped me by a day. My interview is one day after yours. I look forward to reading your interview experience on the 10th of October!

I have some good news to share. All of a sudden, something told me today to call USCIS cust service to ask about my pending N-400 status. I requested to be transferred to the officer. The officer gave me this news and made my day and without wasting a single minute I wanted to share this news with you all & esp you two and whoever got 2nd FP notices. I was fingerprinted for the 2nd time last Tuesday, Sep 4th and guess what ? The officer told me that my interview letter was mailed yesterday & my interview date is Oct 10, almost a month from now.
I request you all, esp ppl with 2nd FP notices. Please stay in touch with customer service and hopefully you guys are few weeks away from your IL. Believe me the pain and this long wait will be over.

Here is my timeline:

Hi Atlanata_Brother

I am very happy to hear about the good news! Congratulations!!
BTW, you pipped me by a day. My interview is one day after yours. I look forward to reading your interview experience on the 10th of October!

Your interview is scheduled for Oct 11th, or Oct 7th? I read your note & somehow it says Oct 7th, which doesn't make any sense coz 7th falls on a Sunday. As you can see I am in Atlanta, what about you?

Hello Atlanta Brother,
On September 1st, I responded to a thread from you and said that I know of someone else in Atlanta DO who got his interview letter 30 days after the 2nd FP. It seems to be a trend, atleast in Atlanta. We just have to look at other cases too.
Congratulations and I hope your mission is accomplished. Enjoy life now.

Lightrain,

Do you know for your friend in Atlanta DO who got the interview letter 30 days after 2nd FP, on what had caused the delay in interview in the first place? Was it because of name check ? If so, can your friend confirm that his name check has cleared when he want in for the interview?

Thanks.

Hello Atlanta Brother,
On September 1st, I responded to a thread from you and said that I know of someone else in Atlanta DO who got his interview letter 30 days after the 2nd FP. It seems to be a trend, atleast in Atlanta. We just have to look at other cases too.

Hello Atlanta Brother,

lightrain,

Yes Yes, I remember a note from you. You were so right, look at you. I was told by another friend of mine that he knew 2 other candidates who got their interview letter after 2 weeks of their 2nd FP.
lightrain I hope, my pending N-400 case comes to a good end that same day & I don't get to face any further delays. I hope & pray for frustrated_alot that he doesn't have to wait too long after his 2nd set of FP on Sep 19th. He has waited too long, I believe since 2005 if I am not wrong.

Jilebi,
Just 60 days ago, the guy was frustrated. Today, within the past 60 days he had his 2nd FP, Interview and oath and he has already applied for the passport. All in Atlanta DO. That is one case and now we have this case from Brother Atlanta. Good luck jilebi.

Thanks, lightrain !

That is indeed a very inspiring example that you have shared. There is perhaps hope indeed after having been in a black hole since 2005 ....

Jilebi,
Just 60 days ago, the guy was frustrated. Today, within the past 60 days he had his 2nd FP, Interview and oath and he has already applied for the passport. All in Atlanta DO. That is one case and now we have this case from Brother Atlanta. Good luck jilebi.

Here is my timeline:

Congratulations,

Got a question for you. Where is your service center? Is it Texas Service Center?