2 APs why? EAD with exit/entry stamp

ibm101

Registered Users (C)
Hello folks:

I was wondering what is the purpose of 2 APs?

What if I carry Xerox of AP and not the originals. (Just from the fear of getting lost or misplaced)

plz comment is possible.......

I was thinking it would be so nice if on the EAD card the BCIS officials write "Valid for entry also" instead of "not valid for entry"This would be extremely convenient for us and for them also.

At least to some extent the work load would be reduced. I wish some intelligent person whithin the BCIS official presents this novel idea.

Since we know that BCIS is wanting money for everything those people can charge just the double of what they do currently for EAD/AP.

ND: 04 02 02

You need to carry the ORIGINAL AP and the entire packet received from your lawyer to boot. Going by your logic it would make sense to take a photocopy of the passport too instead of carrying the original, since there is a good chance to lose that as well.

The reason you carry original documents is because they usually have some sort of hidden counter measures that allow the immigration officer to know that they are not forgeries.

The reason you need to carry both is because sometimes the immigration officer keeps one and hands the other back to you. Also, at one point of time they used to issue only single entry AP's and if you needed to travel more than once in that year, you would need the second.

Originally posted by ibm101
I was wondering what is the purpose of 2 APs?
What if I carry Xerox of AP and not the originals. (Just from the fear of getting lost or misplaced)

Originally posted by ibm101
Hello folks:

At least to some extent the work load would be reduced. I wish some intelligent person whithin the BCIS official presents this novel idea.

I think BCIS ppl are workaholics..they love to create work for themselves...

no mygcwaiter

Its not question for workalcholic. It is the way to earn the money.
I understand . that still same thing can be done on EAD card as per ibm101. But that is what they do.!! They don't have common sense

was jus kidding...workaholic and BCIS...two different things...its not the question of moni..they are just lazy bas##ds

I remember to have read from AILA web site that BCIS is planning to modify the validity of EAD to 2 years with validity to enter US. This I read at least 3-4 months back and I can't confirm it now.

Vow that's good if both exists together

Vow! but by the time both EAD/AP co-existence rule is implemented either we would be out of this country or sitting with our GCs

Last edited by a moderator: