>180 - layoff next week ?

vivek9090

Registered Users (C)
I will be out of job next week and I have passed 180 days already for 485. I am planning to leave to India for a month and come back and find a job on EAD. I have my Advance Parole also.

Is it a problem at the port of entry when I come back ?

Any body please ....

Should not be a problem. You should use your AP to reenter.

Hope this helps.

Disclaimer:
I'm not a lawyer, pl. consult one.:)

I have used AP twice to re-enter the country. Neither time was I asked about my current employment. When I re-entered under L1 status, employment was always a question.

< 180 days, job termination

If I get a job offer in similar position before completion of 180days, is it advisable to take it, or wait 180 days (unemployed after termination) & then change employers?

Also, if new job location falls under different BCIS service center (orig under VSC, new under NSC or CSC) - would the application need to be transferred, & if so what are the risks? Is it OK to leave application with VSC?

u cann take the job

U can take the Job and work as long as your I-485 does not get adjudicated within 180 days. If u calculate the processing times, I am definitely sure that your I-485 will not get approved before 180 days. so you can go ahead and change jobs and if u get RFE, use Act 21 portablility path.

my 2 cents.

Is there the successful case before if we take similiar job before 180 days?

I am in the same situation as usimmgr. Select either take similar job before 180 days or lose job after 180 days. Need to make descion soon an dhope to know more information.

Also is it OK if new job salary is lower than my original job? need the salary of new job match the existing salary or just compare with the prevail wage? MY lawyer (company hired) told me my LC salary is about 66K, but I check the prevailing wage is just about 44K (level 1) and 72K (level 2).

It has to match the salary mentioned in LC. Prevailing wage is used for H1 visas.
Check the archives there were posts about successful GC approval from different parts of the country about <180 days job change. Remember the intrepretations vary from service center to service center.

Jaxen

Originally posted by jaxen
It has to match the salary mentioned in LC. Prevailing wage is used for H1 visas.
Check the archives there were posts about successful GC approval from different parts of the country about <180 days job change. Remember the intrepretations vary from service center to service center.

Can you provide link to the threads discussing <180 days?
Thanks!