180 Days Rule. Is 180 from RD or ND ???

in_queue

Registered Users (C)
Thanks to swift INS processing responses, I have started to wonder if the 180 days rule apply from the day of I-485 receipt date or the notice date. This is important cause there is a huge gap(almost 2 months) between RD and ND.

Useful information for people who lost jobs before 180 days !

Hi guys, I thought of sharing this information to you all which may be useful to anyone of you or your friends.

Couple of my friends (two guys from two different companys) got layed off after 2 months from 485 RD date... As soon as they layed off they took the receipts and got there EAD\'s (They didnt applied EAD along with 485).. (This is VSC).. They approached a lawyer who was very good in Immigration Laws.. He explained them few law points.. and showed them few documents.. which says 180 days.. but somehow it is not the right law of sticking to the same company.. nor it says you can\'t have another jobs..
Finally they concluded that though they change the company before 180 days.. but if they are employed with some other company (working on w2\'s, instead of 1090).. They will not have any problem..
All this happened to them in 2nd week of Oct.. now both of them are employed with different companies.. Changed there lawyer by filling some G-## forms..

from RD date

Hi guys, I check this thing with my lawyer, she says that 180 rule is from the RD.

hope this help
felsewhere

How does 180 days rule work ?

This is bit off-topic, perhaps a step further to the current discussion. Now we know that 180 days(not sure if Business or sequential days though) is counted for changing employer.
The next question how exactly this works. If someone does get his/her 180 days completed, and would like to change jobs, what is required ?
a) EAD (Some one here wrote that EAD is not the right thing to do, if you want to exploit 180 days)?
b) What else ??

Is there a place where we can find some documentation on this law ? Oh boy! I see Grey, Grey and Grey everywhere.

Regards,
in_queue.

Looking for a lawyer...

Can you tell me the names of the lawyer, they consulter....I am looking for a good lawyer, who has handled or know about 180 days rule....