180 days rule in practice

sweetie

Registered Users (C)
If job is changed after 180 days then can it be in different location or diffrent states? does the case need to be transferred to other service center?

No Title

Does anybodu know about this? If case is transferred to other service center it will delay the processsing a lot. So if you move to a different region etc, can u keep the same service center?

Delay? I am not sure!

You can change job to a different location and service center after 180 days. My I-485 filed at VSC, then I joint another company in Arizona, which belong to CSC. I didn\'t see clear delay in my case. I got PP stamped on 09/20/01. More detailed of my case:
PD: 09/98; ND: 11/99; Job Changed: 08/00; FP: 03/01 (did in Syracuse, NY); RFE: 04/01; Case Transfered: 08/01; Interview,Approved & Stamped:09/20/01. Probably I lost half year due to the job change. Hope information help.

No Title

Thanks for your reply JJL. But your ND was 11/99 and you got approved
now. I\'m not sure when VSC was processing 11/99 cases but currently they are approving Nov 00.
I see a significant delay. Is it possible to keep same service center
like in your case. Is it like you should do it or you can do it.
Help is appreciated.

No Title

Actually my case is always with VSC. VSC transfered my case to a local INS office in Tuson, AZ. On the VSC transfer notice it was said any further inquiry should direct to that local office. Whenever I checked VSC AVM the message still read "....we received your RFE on May 16, 2001....". Looks like they never update the tranfer. I don\'t know exactly how INS handle the job transfer to different states, but most important thing is they are approving such transfer cases. Good luck!

JJL...you are my guiding light....help me out!

I am very encouraged to read that despite changing states your 485 was still approved...i am in same boat...applied for 485 in dallas, TX in June 2001...wanna switch to new comapny based in Seattle Washington in Jan 2002 (after 180 days on 485)...any suggestions...plus what is this stuff about case getting transferred?...what is it...what does it mean and why does it happen?

I also know of a friend

he got approved along with rest of october cases...after job chnage with no RFe or anything

transfer service center

hi sweetie, what is your finding so far?

I am in the same situation. I would rather postpone filing of I-485 until I settle down in a new location if it really delay the processing a lot (and there is no way to keep in the same center). but timing is important, u know.

In JJL\'s case, there seemd no file transfer. but according the INS (1800 number), if you are getting called for interview, there must be a transfer.

Please advise.