180 days - Changing Jobs - Can someone please advice how?

greenhopeful

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
   Could someone who has changed jobs after 180 days please tell me how one would go about it? Specifically

1. Would I work on EAD?
2. WOuld I tell my new employer to submit anything to INS?
3. Do I have to have the same designation as my old company - Software Engr (EB2 category).
4. Are there any issues with this - specifically since my case has been transferred to Baltimore for personal interview?

And Anything else I missed.

Thanks,
GreenHopeful

No Title

Hi let me know if you hear something. I think braveheart said he did it I am waiting for his response.

No Title

I am eager to know HOW. It\'s definitely helpful at this moment since layoff is on the corner. Please let me know if you get something.

Mike

No Title

Hi Msam, MIke and Sudhir,
   Could you please keep me posted if you hear something.

GreenHopeful

No Title

As far as I could gather from experiences of 180 day changers :

You certainly can use EAD to work for another employer. Preferably designation should be same and salary same or higher. The employer will need to give you an employment verification letter. (I have not changed myself yet but looking for a job).

Greenopeful - why did you get local transfer? What documents does INS require you to bring in the interview (can you pls. give the list from the interview appt. letter)?

Should The company do any sponsorship for me

Hi SBK,
  Should the company provide any sponsorship papers or is Just an employment verification letter sufficient?
 Regarding my local transfer - I have not received any interview date yet. My case was transferred to Baltimore on May 18 01. I believe (my attorney told me) that VSC is transferring cases to Local Office on a random basis. I cannot tell for sure but I believe my case is pretty straight forward (at least till now if I dont get laid off).
 I have a list of things that Local INS asks for interview though and would be willing to send that if I can get your e-mail address.

GreenHopeful