180 day rule.........

Is there a time period on when INS is going to interpret the rule? Sorry, haven\'t been in touch with changes so....any comments would be appreciated.

No Title

NO, you may continue to wait for another 2 months and there\'s a huge crowd to join you in the wait including me.. Hopefully they should announce something in May as the hopes of releasing regulations in April have faded..

No Title

Why no hopes in April for releasing regulations ?
Did someone tell that or is some document says that ?

If this the truth then all of us need to push INS more hard
so they maek regulation faster and sooner. We can not just sit still
like this.

No Title

Well, as you probably recall, Bush Adminstration have placed an executive order to delay issuing the regulations by 2 months for review and unfortunately this regulation is part of it.. Now if the administration decides that this regulation should have a go ahead then INS should have no problem issuing it.. we may scream or do whatever, but the hopes of these regulations being issued soon is questionable.. this ofcourse is unfortunate for people like you and and me..

No Title

I remember reading an article on this forum that says the guidelines would be issued by the Mid-April.

If you have heard/read otherwise then we should write to the senators/congressman.

No Title

That\'s just guess. It\'ll be 180 days for the people who filed 485 after the law passed and they need guidelines if they want to change job. If we want to see this happen, we have to fight for it---write to congress man and senators to have them push INS publish the regulations. If we don\'t do this, nobody cares.

No Title

Guys,

If you honestly want to make a difference then write to the Senators. I have posted the letter and the address among other details in one of my recent postings on the board. I have subscribed to ISN and I took their help in formulating this letter and I have sent my letter to the NY senator. The key thing for all of us to stop pledging and take action. Then we leave up to God to do the rest.

Bhanu

No Title

Can anyone please explain what is the benefit of us writing to senators. We are not their constituency and won\'t be for 7 more years after we get our GC. What do they care?

No Title

but there\'s a thing called Hope and we hang to that string until we are ashore from the Ocean. Whew, I didn\'t mean to get poetic here but really, sometimes it does help and I have seen postings on the board that Senator\'s office folks did contact INS. So there you go.

Bhanu

No Title

I didn\'t find your letter. Could you repost it or post the link? So I can copy & paste and send to the Senators. I saw some letter posted by "Intrepid". I\'ll send to the Senators here and to the senate immigration subcommittee. Do we just send by email or send hard copies?
Thanks

No Title

I did get a response from Senator\'s office and that they have made a contact with VSC. They are NOW aware after talking to me on the phone and after reading my letters about our problems. I explained to them on phone about my situation and similar situations faced my numerous others.

The sense I got from them is that, they do empathise with my case in particular and of similar cases. They are pushing ( or atleast told me so ) for the new regulations. However, they also mentioned that it does take time due to changes in administration.

The point I am making here is, that the Senator\'s do pursue your case, they do get in touch with VSC ( or whichever service center ) and are atleast now understanding the issue and appreciate our problems.

Whether they can speed up the finalisation of the regulations or not, atleast it does help if more people can communicate their problem about the AOS delays ( especially those who applied in or before Sep\'99 ).

VINS

No Title

You can post here so each one in this situation could eventually send letter to the Senators.

No Title

I tried to get help from Senator\'s office in NJ last year on another issue, it didn\'t help. Which office did you send your letter to?

No Title

Please visit ISN.ORG to get the letter and then change it according to your situation and then send it to the senators. The e-mail addresses and postal addresses are listed on this site as well.

Hope this helps.
Bhanu

No Title

I am posting the format of the letter I sent to senators.

Please change it to explain details of your case.

-----------------------------------------------

To,
The Honorable Senator %%Name of the Senator

Respected %%Sir/Madam,

My name is %%Your Name%%. I am an immigrant from %%Name of the Country%%.
I work as a %%job description%% for %%Name of the company. a company based in %%name of the city,state.

I would like to draw your attention to one of the immigration law
recently passed by the Senate for Employment Based Immigration.
As per this law a person who has applied for Green Card (Application
for change of status - I485) can change employer six months after
applying for the change of status(I485).

The INS does not have the guidelines for implmenting this law.
Specifically, the INS is not sure whether an RFE(Request for Evidence) should be issued in case the name of the company changes.

The company I work for changed its name from %%old name to
%%New Name. . My I485 application is pending for last couple of months
because the INS is not sure whether an RFE should be issued in my case or not.

This is making the slow immigration process even slower. There are many people like me who are tired of waiting.

I request you to urge the senate immigration subcommittee to give this matter urgent attention and issue guidelines to the INS as soon as possible.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please let
me know.

Thanking You,

Sincerely,

%%Your Name

No Title

I am posting the format of the letter I sent to senators.

Please change it to explain details of your case.

-----------------------------------------------

To,
The Honorable Senator %%Name of the Senator

Respected %%Sir/Madam,

My name is %%Your Name%%. I am an immigrant from %%Name of the Country%%.
I work as a %%job description%% for %%Name of the company. a company based in %%name of the city,state.

I would like to draw your attention to one of the immigration law
recently passed by the Senate for Employment Based Immigration.
As per this law a person who has applied for Green Card (Application
for change of status - I485) can change employer six months after
applying for the change of status(I485).

The INS does not have the guidelines for implmenting this law.
Specifically, the INS is not sure whether an RFE(Request for Evidence) should be issued in case the name of the company changes.

The company I work for changed its name from %%old name to
%%New Name. . My I485 application is pending for last couple of months
because the INS is not sure whether an RFE should be issued in my case or not.

This is making the slow immigration process even slower. There are many people like me who are tired of waiting.

I request you to urge the senate immigration subcommittee to give this matter urgent attention and issue guidelines to the INS as soon as possible.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please let
me know.

Thanking You,

Sincerely,

%%Your Name

No Title

Hello, I have e-mailed the letters to all who wrote to me. I shall check my e-mail periodically for next few days to handle further requests.

Bhanu

No Title

I\'m not sure about the procedures how regulations are made. Who should give guidelines? INS or the Senate Immigration Subcommittee? I think the law is already there, the only thing we need is the implementation of the law by INS.