180 day rule-namechecks can goto hell

indidoc

Registered Users (C)
Just spoke to a TSC rep(really nice one).Ny Namecheck has been pending since April 2005.Have written to everyone I can think of(FL,VP,Prez,FBI,Senators,Congressman<ombudsman etc etc) and haven`t heard anything good other than the national security BS.So had lost all hope.
Anyway she told me ur security clearance was pending more than 180 days and headquarters has instructed us to go ahead and process these cases without any clearance.I asked her so is my case approved-she said no the visa numbers ran out but October u can expect approval.
So I asked does taht mean the security checks are cleared?-she asid yeah kind of-because the uploading of ur results had been delayed so we have been told to go ahead and process them as if they are cleared.I persisted but she just said u can expect approval in October.
Don`t know if this is true-but after 2.5 years of an approved EB1 and all darkness till now-I do see some light at the end of the tunnel!!God bless whoever decided on this 180 day rule-if it is true that is

Just spoke to a TSC rep(really nice one).Ny Namecheck has been pending since April 2005.Have written to everyone I can think of(FL,VP,Prez,FBI,Senators,Congressman<ombudsman etc etc) and haven`t heard anything good other than the national security BS.So had lost all hope.
Anyway she told me ur security clearance was pending more than 180 days and headquarters has instructed us to go ahead and process these cases without any clearance.I asked her so is my case approved-she said no the visa numbers ran out but October u can expect approval.
So I asked does taht mean the security checks are cleared?-she asid yeah kind of-because the uploading of ur results had been delayed so we have been told to go ahead and process them as if they are cleared.I persisted but she just said u can expect approval in October.
Don`t know if this is true-but after 2.5 years of an approved EB1 and all darkness till now-I do see some light at the end of the tunnel!!God bless whoever decided on this 180 day rule-if it is true that is

That is a good news and I wish you all the best

Guys....I also confirmed with TSC IO about name check

The officer told me the same thing. When I called last week, the officer told me my name check was not cleared. She said that they received the instructions to process the pending cases. She also mentioned that security check result was not updated for long time !!!!

She mentioned that my case is with adjudicator but she said that she has no way of knowing if visa was assigned to my case :mad:

So, let us hope for the best. Good luck to all.

Sad note : I will be completing 19 years of living in USA on July 20 !

Patience pays ? :confused:

this is such a great news

I really truely hope this is true. I had talked to IO at TSC twice during the past two days and went to Infopass this morning, all I got was name check still pending and no visa number has been assigned. (EB1 case, NC has been pending since Dec'04)

I wonder whether all the IO got the same instruction -- and if not, if some cases are in the hands of those dummies who did not get it, then the whole thing became a lucky draw again.

So finger crossed that there is indeed this light at the end of the tunnel!!

Got the same info

about the 180 day rule. But the IO said i haven't assigned a visa number, and hence got to wait till Oct '07. Unbelievable, not sure how can they ignore my case while alloting...

it's unfortunate

Hi AKBARI
It is shoking to know that after 19 years in USA u don't have GC.It seems u did not apply initially for GC.Is that correct ?
Thanks

The officer told me the same thing. When I called last week, the officer told me my name check was not cleared. She said that they received the instructions to process the pending cases. She also mentioned that security check result was not updated for long time !!!!

She mentioned that my case is with adjudicator but she said that she has no way of knowing if visa was assigned to my case :mad:

So, let us hope for the best. Good luck to all.

Sad note : I will be completing 19 years of living in USA on July 20 !

Patience pays ? :confused:

Glad to note about the 180 day rule-namecheck clearance. It is really encouraging.

Hope this clears a lot of cases and bring in GOOD NEWS to ALL. My namecheck has been pending since April 2005.

Same here. Spoke to IO and she said the same thing. The problem is that they change the story everyday and it's difficult to understand which one to beleive and which one is a trash.
My PD is 03/2002 and its struck due to name check. I was previously told that visa has been allocated and now she is saying that wait till Oct ....

Contradicting statement about name check.

I went to Info pass today and IO told me a very discouraging info that my name is stuck in the security check. When I went for same on June 21 '07, They said that the security check in completed and your can get approval anytime.

I called NSC today and spoke with one of the IO and told me that he heard about the 180 days rule but doesn't know when they will be implementing it.

I went to Info pass today and IO told me a very discouraging info that my name is stuck in the security check. When I went for same on June 21 '07, They said that the security check in completed and your can get approval anytime.

Same thig here. couple of weeks before called. Everything looks good and security check have been done with. Now IO told - they may not have had closer look at that

I spoke to a IO last week and they said that Name check is a very important decision . The files WILL not be processed with out them being clear. Its a matter of great secuirty blah blah... and few years down the line, if the person commits a crime.... the IO/service center/officials could be held responsible...... So, not an easy task. At least a basic level of secuirty check should have been cleared.

Really Good news if implemented

I was told my NC was cleared when I talked to TSC on 6/21/07. I called up last week again and was told that NC is still pending :D :D :D Now I lost faith on TSC reps, don't know whom to believe.

180 days rule is really nice for us IF THIS IS REALLY IMPLEMENTED. I don't believe TSC reps blindly because of they also don't know much. Stupid rules and procedures of USCIS.

What I hear at Infopass (7/6) is...

... that they allotted visa numbers to those cases regardless of their security check status (including NC), but they wouldn't approve them if NC was still pending when an officer actually worked for adjudication. In that case they will place such cases at the end of the queue and wait for their NC clearance during the next three months.

Take it for whatever it may be worth though. What officers are saying is not consistent at all.

Does any one seen on USCIS website about 180 day rule check?

It is like seeing is like believe'ing

Yes it is True and Correct.. IO's will say and sing different songs what they like to say everyday..

It is Horrible USCIS Procedures finally.

when I asked.. why they cant reinitiate there is no answer to that and blames computer process.. :)

Finally dont know what to do with these guys..

On immigration-law.com it is saying that they are returning visa numbers to DOS. I wonder if they were going to go with this 180 day rule then why wouldn't they just approve those applications that got the visa number? On the other hand I wish the 180 rule was true!