180 Day Portability rule - Does it apply for inter company transfers-Please Help

suprakash

Registered Users (C)
I work in Northen california and my I-140 was approved in Southern California. My I-485 is pending for filing because of the reason that if it gets approved within 180 days i need to work in Southern California. But still i will be working for the same company which sponsored my I-140.
Does the 180 day rule apply to me in this case. From what I know, the rule applies if you are looking for a new employer if I-485 is not approved in 180 days.

Please help me on this so that i can continue with my I-485.

Thanx in advance

Geographic Location inside the Company should not matter

As long as you are in the country, I think it should not matter.

Is there any information on this

Thanx for the info.

I want to prove this to the lawyer. Is there any site where i can get information on this rule. i read the AC21 but did not get any information specific to my case

Mine is simillar to yours

My I485 was filed at NSC and my labor from Portland Oregon. I got transfered from Porland to Sanfransico. My Lawyer asked me to wait till 180 day since 485 applied and now she had filed for the portability. We haven\'t heard anything from INS yet.

what does "filing for portability" mean

Is filing for portability means that we need to inform INS about the change of address

Read the article..

I read the article and was not completely clear on the article. No where i found that states i have to work in the place where my labor was filed if my gc gets approved within 180 days. It talks abt issues after 180 days.
At this point i am still jot clear whether i can go forward by filing for I-485. Is there any risk