18 year old applicant: some questions

AndyStar

Registered Users (C)
I have a few questions regarding N400.
1) If an applicant is 18 years old and his parents are naturalized citizens, does he need to provide any additional information on them (e.g. data they became citizens etc) when sending N400 or just checking the corresponding box on N400 application would be enough?
2) Back in middle school (5 years ago) he had some tensions with one guy so both got call to a school principal and them parents got called to the school. The other guy had a bad reputation. Nothing happened (the principal did not punish anyone). The other guy was expelled from the school later. Do I understand correctly that that incident should not be indicated on N400?
Thank you.

1. To answer this, when did you turn 18? is my question

but to answer yours checking the box should suffice unless it asks for specific info. about your parents. I don't see a part where it does ask for specific info

2. Doubt this would be an issue as it based on your info it did not involve the police.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a few questions regarding N400.
1) If an applicant is 18 years old and his parents are naturalized citizens, does he need to provide any additional information on them (e.g. data they became citizens etc) when sending N400 or just checking the corresponding box on N400 application would be enough?
If he is still 18, it is likely one or both of his parents became citizens before he turned 18, which would mean he probably has derived citizenship automatically from them, and thus should not be filing the N-400. So it is very important to know when they became citizens.

Thank you for your answers.

I am sorry I did not point it out: the parents became citizens AFTER he had turned 18.

No police was involved. There is an officer on duty (as in each school) but nothing special was done. It was probably more an administrative issue. Just want to make sure that the situation is clear to me.

Thank you for your answers.

I am sorry I did not point it out: the parents became citizens AFTER he had turned 18.

No police was involved. There is an officer on duty (as in each school) but nothing special was done. It was probably more an administrative issue. Just want to make sure that the situation is clear to me.

You don't even need to mention it.