18-20 month

Guys,

I called the 800 number today and they told me that the processing time now is 24 months. I guess it is going to be a long long wait. Good Luck to all.

Regards,

QCO

I am totally blind -- I have no way to find out what is going on at Atlanta, even my lawyer said she did not know the process.

What I can do? waiting, painfully.............

good luck to my folks

I applied for EAD renewal recently. I got the receipt notice but asking me to go for biometrics. Is this a new procedure?

Originally posted by daveh
On thursday, I got my reviewed EAD at Atlanta. I noticed that the processing of I485 is slowing down right now. yes, it is damn bad,man.

I had filed for my 485 in March 2002, no response as yet, except, WE ARE PROCESSING YOUR CASE :mad:

Originally posted by bonnieman
I applied for EAD renewal recently. I got the receipt notice but asking me to go for biometrics. Is this a new procedure?

Yes, I had my IIIrd EAD renewal and had to get my BIOMETRICS.

The appointment wait is lengthy, but walk-in at the BUFORD ASC if you have your receipt and they will take you. After my BIOMETRICS, I got my EAD in one week. I had my BIOMETRICS done on March 11th, got EAD on 18th March.

Hi, if you guys are in ATLANTA, you can go and check the status. They will let you know, you will have to wait early morning as I believe they take only limited # of people.

Got FingerPrint Notice

I filed AOS in June 2002. Received FP Notice today. My FP is scheduled on 10th Sept.

congrats Bonnie, expect your interview letter soon as well. I got my case cleared last tuesday. FP and interview letter comes withing a week behind each other.

Another ATL Experience

I just read this topic and wanted to add my ATL AOS experience, too:
My AOS was filed late in 2003, the NOA of 12/2003 shows 120-180 days processing time, my FP appointment was in May 2004. According to the online status after the FPs "processing has resumed on the case".

Guys:

I just had the interview yesterday. Everything looks OK but the officer said they had to check my background. I asked the officer what background and he said he did not know. I asked how long it will take and he said he did not know. He did not stamp my passport. I was told I will received a letter to let me know the result and if I was approved I will be schedule to come to Atlanta office to have my passport stamped. I hired a lawyer to handle the case for me and after the interview, I immediately called my lawyer and She said nothing to worry about and just wait for the letter.

Basicly that is my story and I will updated my status when I get the letter.

Hi Daveh,

I am also in the same boat as yours. I had my interview on Sep 14th in Atlanta, they told me they ae waiting for Name check results. May be yours also same case. I have seen many cases lately like this, waiting for name check. I saw Kiase or similar name, they had interview in June, thy are still waiting to hear from BCIS. It is all waiting game.

Dave H,

Our experience was very similar to yours. We were told to expect a letter 7-10 days after our interview. Here we are three months later and still waiting per FBI name check. My husband filed for his 4th EAD in July and is now waiting on that as his I-485 is still pending. It has been nothing less than excruciating.

I understand that to apply for citizenship, one must be a permanent resident for three years if married to a USC citizen. Residency starts with the I-485 approval. In our case, it means another three year wait at best. It would be wonderful if cases with huge backlogs could have their wait counted as years toward the citizenship residency requirement.

Kiska
RD 8/28/2001 Charleston, SC
EAD #1 Oct 2001
AP #1 Dec 2001
EAD #2 Oct 2002
AP #2 Dec 2002
EAD #3 Oct 2003
Fingerprint 5/11/2004
Fingerprint cleared 5/13/2001
AOS interview 6/28/2004
EAD #4 Oct 2004 ?????

I got it!!!

had my AOS interview today with Officer A. He was OK. very fast.
He asked my spouse some questions like "my DOB", parents name, marriage
date etc. He asked for Birth Certificate of my children, my Birth certificate, passport, all I-94s, all EADs, Bank statements, last three year tax returns, Affidavit of support, I-693, my spouse passport, certificate of citizenship etc.
He asked for two passport size photos. He put all copies in his file and gave
originals back. Then stamped on my passport and told me "Congratulations".
It took only 20 minutes. For those who are going for the interview, please make sure you have two passport size photographs. It is not in the checklist sent by INS.