15 year long Journey

ab kya karun

Registered Users (C)
Today seemed like any other day. I never expected to get the approval emails. Finally, 4 years, 1 month and 7 days after filing the I-485 applications, both me and my wife got emails saying that production of card has been ordered. I never though it would take this long. My Labor certificate, I-140 got approved fairly fast. This brings to an end a 15 year long effort to get the Green Card. Over 15 years ago, I first came to the US. Since then, I have studied, did training, obtained advanced degrees and super-specialized in my field. Also life has changed. Got married and had a very pretty little baby girl and we are expecting another baby.

During these past years being stuck in Namecheck, I tried everything but a WOM lawsuit. Contacted senator, congressman, First Lady, send letters to USCIS, FBI. Also sent letter from employer to FBI and USCIS. Nothing worked. Finally, the namecheck was cleared after the Namecheck memo of April 2.

I was told in March that our case should get processed early in April. By mid april, I was getting anxious. I contacted the Congressman, and his office caled USCIS and then told me to expect approval by April 30. Again nothing happened. I then contacted USCIS 800 number and filed a Service Request. They said that I should wait 45 days and call back if nothing happens. I just sent a letter to First Lady for assistance yesterday, and was planning to contact the Congressman again by middle of this month.

I do not know what helped finally. Was it the Congressman's office contacting USCIS or the Service Request. May be it ws just my turn (however they determine whose turn it is).

Anyway, what a relief:).:D. I am sorry for the long note. I felt like sharing my experience with all the brothers and sisters on this forum. Some of the people (like Prince of Jungle) are not active in the Forum anymore!

It has been a very long, taxing and frustrating journey and I am glad it is finally over. I hope everybody here get their Green Card emails very soon! Good Luck!!!!:cool:

Congratulations!

Today seemed like any other day. I never expected to get the approval emails. Finally, 4 years, 1 month and 7 days after filing the I-485 applications, both me and my wife got emails saying that production of card has been ordered. I never though it would take this long. My Labor certificate, I-140 got approved fairly fast. This brings to an end a 15 year long effort to get the Green Card. Over 15 years ago, I first came to the US. Since then, I have studied, did training, obtained advanced degrees and super-specialized in my field. Also life has changed. Got married and had a very pretty little baby girl and we are expecting another baby.

During these past years being stuck in Namecheck, I tried everything but a WOM lawsuit. Contacted senator, congressman, First Lady, send letters to USCIS, FBI. Also sent letter from employer to FBI and USCIS. Nothing worked. Finally, the namecheck was cleared after the Namecheck memo of April 2.

I was told in March that our case should get processed early in April. By mid april, I was getting anxious. I contacted the Congressman, and his office caled USCIS and then told me to expect approval by April 30. Again nothing happened. I then contacted USCIS 800 number and filed a Service Request. They said that I should wait 45 days and call back if nothing happens. I just sent a letter to First Lady for assistance yesterday, and was planning to contact the Congressman again by middle of this month.

I do not know what helped finally. Was it the Congressman's office contacting USCIS or the Service Request. May be it ws just my turn (however they determine whose turn it is).

Anyway, what a relief:).:D. I am sorry for the long note. I felt like sharing my experience with all the brothers and sisters on this forum. Some of the people (like Prince of Jungle) are not active in the Forum anymore!

It has been a very long, taxing and frustrating journey and I am glad it is finally over. I hope everybody here get their Green Card emails very soon! Good Luck!!!!:cool:

Never ever try to get any other green card in rest of your life.
Enjoy your Green.:)

I hope I will turn green soon. :)
PD:11-Dec-2002
I485: RD:01-May-2007

Hey congrats to u.... Enjoy... We got our approvals today too... What a relief!!

congratulations dude.......you deserve it. Enjoy your freedom

I don't know when I will be comming out this hell....I pray to god that no body should experience this kind of hell

congrats man, and congrats for becoming father once again
Hope now you have good life after GC
May God Bless you all, enjoy the green

Thanks everybody!!

Thank you everybody fot the wishes. F16, I hope I do not have to apply for GC again. I don't think I can do this all over again.

Best of luck to everybody. I am waiting for the cards now, but am very much relaxed that this ordeal is over. The cards will come sooner or later.:)

Cards Received

Both my and my wife's Permanent Resident Cards arrived in mail today-5 days after the Cards mailed email (which is pretty good considering that one day was Sunday). My card got mailed to the Lawyer and my wife's card arrived at our home address.

Thanks a lot for the wishes and wish everybody "Best of Luck". Everybody on this forum will always be in my thoughts and prayers!!!!