140RFE – UN (or other Gurus) please help!!

takegc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got RFE on 140. The requirements seem to be never ending. Please provide your inputs wherever possible.

1. Specify whether beneficiary will be contracting or working-in-house. If contracting, provide contract details (with whom the contract will be and job position). Submit employer’s contract for employment verification.

Info: Currently, I am contracting to a mid size company (600+ US and 1500 worldwide, including US).

Q: I am contracted through a vendor to the client. My company’s contract is with the vendor, Vendor Company happens to be a small company. Does the size of vendor company matter or should I provide some written document from my client also?

Since GC is for future, can we say that I am going to be working in-house? In that case we may not need to furnish contract etc. but on the other hand they may ask for in house requirements etc.

2. Identify nature of business, for whom work is provided; number of employees and amount of work done. Examples of work done; Identify number of employees, their positions and whether there is sufficient work to employ them and the beneficiary in a professional position.

Info: My Employer is mid sized company. About 120 – 130 in US and about 700 worldwide, including US. In US, it is mostly consulting; in other parts it is Software Development and BPO etc. My company has good revenues (I guess).

Q: Does employees outside the US count? What kind of document can support this requirement?

3. List of all I-129 and I-140 petitions pending for each location.

Info: Don’t know the numbers yet.

Q: “each location” means each service center? How does affect the decision? Is there any way of knowing the pending cases? I have the data from the DOL website for LCs. Link is provided in one of UN’s posts.

4. Company’s Audited financial statements for 97, 98, 99, 02 and 03.

Info: I am using substitute labor, which was applied on Jan’97 and approved in 98. I am not sure where to look for priority date of LC. (In ETA750, R.O is Jan 97 and I.O is Oct. 98). I joined this company in Apr. 2003 and applied for 140 in Nov. 03 and 485 in Jan’04.

Q: Why have they asked for these particular years? They have not asked for 2000 and 2001? Is R.O date on ETA the priority date?

What in particular they will be looking in financial terms? I have read the posts by UN but how to handle the financial analysis in case of substitute labor?

They have not mentioned “ability to pay” but essentially the analysis should be same?

5. Company’s Federal tax returns for 1997 through 2003.

Info: no information on numbers.

Q: How does this affect the decision? I doubt whether my employer will share the financial data wit me. What specifically should I know?

6. Establish the company employ beneficiary in professional position and within the area identified on ETA 750 LC.

Info: -

Q: I am not sure what do they mean by “within area identified on ETA 750”. Is it a problem if I am currently contracted in different area than specified on LC?

7. Copies of beneficiaries W2 and Federal Income tax for 2003.

Info: I have two W2s for 2003 as I joined this company in mid 2003.

Q: Sum of 2 W2s is $1000 less than preferred wages, is it a problem?
I have been regularly paid, should I send 2004 pay stubs (they have not asked for this). Currently, my salary is $2000 less than preferred wages on LC.

8. Explain how petitioner could submit copy of LC if original was lost?

Info: The original copy of LC was lost and a copy was submitted.

Q: Does USCIS get the original from DOL? How much time does it take? Can my attorney request for original from DOL?

Thanks,
takegc
=============================================
CSC:
I-140 (Labor Substitute) RD: 11/03/2003
485,EAD,AP RD: 01/2004
EAD Approved (for self and spouse): 03/2004
AP Approved (for self and spouse): 03/2004
FP done: 04/2004
RFE: 10/14/2004 (140 – Ability to pay; 485- Medical )

Hi UN,
I am also using substitute labor whose priority date is September'99.
I came to US in April'2000.
Now for your point -
"Ability to pay. It's going to need to be met from priority date. If it isn't present for one of those years then it will get denied.
"

As I was not in US in September'99, how can I show my W2 for 99.
But I have consistently got more salary than specified in labor since April'2000
I joined my sponsoring company in Jan'2004 and again I am getting more than
specifed in the labor.

Now the fact that I was not in US on priority date will create any problem ?

Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot unitednations.
I conveyed these points to my attorney. My attorney said that this is a standard RFE and they will take care of it. As I mentioned, my company may not like to disclose financial figures and more than that they do not want to get into hassels of answering my queries.

"Be very careful as they are going to look at all 140's filed for all those years and aggregate deficiencies in proferred wage-actual and compare with financial documents of company".

It is not very clear as to how USCIS will know the wages paid to other employees who have pending 140.

Thanks again.
takegc

thanks UN
Please try to find the link you mentioned.

Is there any way of knowing company's (it does not trade publicly) revenue for past years (some background check etc.)? Maybe, they have more than sufficient revenues.

I know they were 220 employees and gross income $36 M (this was mentioned in my H-1b petition in Apr 2003).

thanks,
takegc

unitednations said:
Not aware of any tool to determine revenues from a non-public company.

see last paragraph:

Discussion on CSC’s Position on Ability to Pay

**Documentation showing that the petitioner’s net income is greater than or equal to the salary offered; and
When determining net income, the CSC will look at income before the losses are deducted.**

Cite as "Posted on AILA InfoNet at Doc. No. 03060942 (June 9, 2003) ."[/COLOR]
Just to get clarified--Is it they look for line 28 (Taxable income before net operating loss deduction and special deductions)in form 1120&S,I guess?