140 revocation - case status online !

PERMUser

Registered Users (C)
Ginnu, United Nations and other Gurus,

My I140 was approved around 14 months back and recently I changed employer by using my EAD(didnt send the AC21 letter though). I have the receipt # of my I140 and if my old employer revokes my I140, would it show at USCIS Case Status online that, you know, it has been revoked on so and so date ?

Thanks in advance,

Perm User.

Perm Labor PD: July 2005(EB2)
I140/485 RD : Sep' 2005
I140-Approved: Nov'2005
EAD, AP Approved: Nov'2005
2 EAD-Running.

PERMUser said:
Ginnu, United Nations and other Gurus,

My I140 was approved around 14 months back and recently I changed employer by using my EAD(didnt send the AC21 letter though). I have the receipt # of my I140 and if my old employer revokes my I140, would it show at USCIS Case Status online that, you know, it has been revoked on so and so date ?

Thanks in advance,

Perm User.

Perm Labor PD: July 2005(EB2)
I140/485 RD : Sep' 2005
I140-Approved: Nov'2005
EAD, AP Approved: Nov'2005
2 EAD-Running.

USCIS does not have a proper message to post online in case of a 140 revocation. So even if the status changes, the message might be something different.

For all practical purposes, your online status on 140 will not change.

Whether I-485 message will change after revokation of I-140?

If I-140 message do not changes then Whether I-485 message will change after revokation of I-140? Or will it trigger any NOID/RFE from USCIS?

GreenCardVirus said:
USCIS does not have a proper message to post online in case of a 140 revocation. So even if the status changes, the message might be something different.

For all practical purposes, your online status on 140 will not change.

It doesn't matter if your old employer revokes the 140. It won't hurt you.

As you haven't sent an AC21 notice, USCIS might issue a NOID letter. If that happens, send in your AC21 papers then.

You're well protected in your present situation. No need to worry.

the following is from Yates Memo 2003,

Accordingly, if the employer withdraws the approved Form I-140 on or after the date that
the Form I-485 has been pending 180 days, the approved Form I-140 shall remain valid under
the provisions of §106(c) of AC21. It is expected that the alien will have submitted evidence to
the office having jurisdiction over the pending Form I-485 that the new offer of employment is
in the same or similar occupational classification as the offer of employment for which the
petition was filed. Accordingly, if the underlying approved Form I-140 is withdrawn, and the
alien has not submitted evidence of a new qualifying offer of employment, the adjudicating
officer must issue a Notice of Intent to Deny the pending Form I-485. See 8 CFR
103.2(b)(16)(i). If the evidence of a new qualifying offer of employment submitted in response
to the Notice of Intent to Deny is timely filed and it appears that the alien has a new offer of
employment in the same or similar occupation, the BCIS may consider the approved Form I-140
to remain valid with respect to the new offer of employment and may continue regular
processing of the Form I-485. If the applicant responds to the Notice of Intent to Deny, but has
not established that the new offer of employment is in the same or similar occupation, the
adjudicating officer may immediately deny the Form I-485. If the alien does not respond or fails
to timely respond to the Notice of Intent to Deny, the adjudicating officer may immediately deny
the Form I-485.
If approval of the Form I-140 is revoked or the Form I-140 is withdrawn before the
alien’s Form I-485 has been pending 180 days, the approved Form I-140 is no longer valid with
respect to a new offer of employment and the Form I-485 may be denied. If at any time the
BCIS revokes approval of the Form I-140 based on fraud, the alien will not be eligible for the
job flexibility provisions of §106(c) of AC21 and the adjudicating officer may, in his or her
discretion, deny the attached Form I-485 immediately. In all cases an offer of employment must
have been bona fide, and the employer must have had the intent, at the time the Form I-140 was
approved, to employ the beneficiary upon adjustment. It should be noted that there is no
requirement in statute or regulations that a beneficiary of a Form I-140 actually be in the
underlying employment until permanent residence is authorized. Therefore, it is possible for an
alien to qualify for the provisions of §106(c) of AC21 even if he or she has never been employed
by the prior petitioning employer or the subsequent employer under section 204(j) of the Act.

NOID needs to be repsonded quickly once issued; failing to do so would require a MTR later. thats why it is always better to send AC21 papers as soon as you change the employer as per the above memo.

Also, If you do not send G28, NOID will be sent to old company lawyer(in few cases, even after sending G28). IMHO, as soon as you change jobs, it is better to send G28 and AC21 to reduce headaches and live in peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys !

Thanks for your comments GreenCardVirus, nj_skm, indian_gc_ocean. I appreciate it. I am gonna send AC-21 letter as soon as I can, just to be on safe side.

i changed employer in oct 06, i recently noticed LUD on my 140 which was approved more than 2 yrs ago. the message read like this.
your case is approved on Feb 2 2007, a cable or notice has been sent to an american cosulate or port of entry...blah blah...
it turns out that my 140 is revoked and i got a letter from USCIS, that i need to respond to.
so it looks like if the employer messes with your petition,..you won't see any status changes...as for as messages..but LUD changes can make you suspicious
2 cents

Differnce between Resignation and Layoff

So far, we have been discussing AC21 law with respect to employee's voluntary change in employment from sponsoring employer after 180 days from 485 pending.

However, what will happen if employer terminates/lay off the employee after 180 days of 485 pending and do not withdraw the I-140? or what happens if employer is going out of business before 485 approval? In this case, is it necessary to have new same or similar job offer? What will happen if employee does not have same or similar job offer at the time 485 is adjudicated? Why I am asking this question is, because of retrogression it may take 5 to 10 years for my PD will become current. I doubt that my employer-employee relation will be maintained till that time. What are the thoughts of experts?

The law also says that 140-job porting applicable only when individual changes the job, and it does not says if he/she layed off after 180 days.

j) JOB FLEXIBILITY FOR LONG DELAYED APPLICANTS FOR ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS TO PERMANENT RESIDENCE- A petition under subsection (a)(1)(D)for an individual whose application for adjustment of status pursuant to section 245 has been filed and remained unadjudicated for 180 days or more shall remain valid with respect to a new job if the individual changes jobs or employers if the new job is in the same or a similar occupational classification as the job for which the petition was filed.”.

unitednations said:
Good thing is; everyone has been fine at the end. Usually some bumps in the road but at the end, everything works out fine.

That is right, as long as you follow law.

My case is an example. I had a few bumps and also some extra bumps like name check and local office transfer. I had a few bumps even after approval.

After the local office approved after an interview, they did not stamp my PP right away. Even though the officer said she ordered the cards, my file was actually sent back to VSC. After 2 months, the online messages changed to approved and then to card ordered.