140 & Labor Substitution

max2k1

Registered Users (C)
Hi all:

Scenario:
Applying for 140 using a Substituted labor approval.

I know that the INS ( or whatever they are called these days ) looks into a few things to ensure that the sub labor is usable for the new applicant.

When can you say that INS is completely satisfied with the substitution.
(a) AFTER 140 is approved
(b) AFTER 485 approval ??

Basically, if 140 is approved, does that mean that from that point forward, it doesn't matter whether the LCA was original (or) Sub ?
Is there any point in 485 when the LCA comes back into the picture ?

Many thanks :)

Thank you :)

Thanks Naanshi and bcis:

One follow-up question.

Do the company lawyers normally give a copy of the 140 Receipt notice ( & approval notice ? )

I know that the 140 belongs to the company and we are just beneficiaries.

My lawyers are not giving me the Rcpt notice -- should I insist on that ? ( & approval when it comes ? ).

Is there any reason that I can give the lawyers ?

Re: Thank you :)

Originally posted by max2k1
Thanks Naanshi and bcis:

One follow-up question.

Do the company lawyers normally give a copy of the 140 Receipt notice ( & approval notice ? )
I-140 is filed by employer through comany lawyer, your company lawye may NOT give you I-140 approval notice and you should ask the employer for the copy
I know that the 140 belongs to the company and we are just beneficiaries.
---correct
My lawyers are not giving me the Rcpt notice -- should I insist on that ? ( & approval when it comes ? ).
----- first talk to your employer and let the employer ask lawyer to give you copy or your employer can get the copy from lawyer and can give it to you
Is there any reason that I can give the lawyers ?
----- Lawyer may not lisnen to your reasons, ask your employer to give you the copy ( you may ask that you have apply AP or EAD renewal and these days USCIS asks for the copy of I-140 for EAD renewal and AP and that is true NSC and VSC has asked many to submit the copy of I-140 and I-485 for AP or EAD or EAD renewal)