140 --> NVC --> St.Louis --> NVC --> Consulate Tracker .....

I agree with Moulin

Well, first of all, I was told that the reply fax/letter must come from my lawyer, not me. Since everyone here was saying fax was ok, I called NVC and talked to this operator and she just told me to fax the letter. Few days later I called again, only to find out that the fax was never received. Then finally I got a nice operator who told me to send it to her. I can\'t believe those days that I have wasted. All those operators were very nice to though, some of them just didn\'t give me enough information.

Also, I was reading a website and came across an article saying "For anyone who has been out of status here in the U.S., you would be required to use consular processing...." And according to NVC\'s web site "If you live in the U.S. you MAY BE eligible for adjustment of status as a permanent resident. When your case becomes current, NVC will send you a letter telling you that you may be eligible for adjustment of status and asking that you tell us if you will adjust or apply at a U.S. consular section abroad." So my guess is that those who receive the reconfirmation letter is the one who are eligible for AOS and those who don\'t get the letter are not eligible, meaning they have to go CP because they\'ve been out of status in the past. What do you think, all? I have never been out of status ever since I came here. So, that\'s my wild guess for the reason why some of us get the letter and some don\'t.

Any comments/thoughts on this?

No Title

I dont agree Mitsy.. I really dont imagine the NVC takes up so much time to decide who is eligible for AOS and who isn\'t. In fact if you were out of status for more than 180 days, then going abroad for CP would trigger the 3 yrs bar. In that case your only option is to remain here, use 245(i) if eligible and file AOS.

The NVC really wouldn\'t be going so deep into your case at such a premature stage. Its true that some of us do and some dont get the letter. My letter explicitly said "We note you have a address in the US. You may be eligible for AOS"...

My thought is that maybe some lawyers use the applicants foreign address in the 140 application. Just a thought.

q for Mitsy

hi Mitsy,

when did you fax your recon letter, and when did the AVM change to P3?
how many days between the two?

let me know the details so I can update the website. if possible also please enter the details at cptracker.

good luck!

Out of status theory does not hold...

I have never been out of status and I did not receive the reconfirmation letter. Its really a mystery as to how they decide who gets the letter and who does not. Maybe its just discretionary based on the officer handling your case.

I think I have an answer on that one. Re-confirmation letter is sent to those

who have indicated an I485 (AOS) OR CP at Foreign Consulate on I140
application.

If one had indicated CP, then he doesn\'t get re-confirmation letter.

If one has indicated AOS, case doesn\'t go to NVC at all.

In any case, If CP was indicated in I140 and a subsequent time has lapsed after that then seems like they are asking for re-con again.

It is all in our own good. May add a week latency, but looking at messages on this board "Opted for CP but want to go for AOS" OR
"Opted for AOS want to go for CP" etc etc, looks like it is indeed useful.

It does reduce bottlenecks at NVC if they dont have to work on generating Pkt3 for a person who wants to go for AOS.

IMO.

gcseeker02 !!

No Title

Nope.. I had indicated ONLY CP in my 140. No time had passed since the 140 filing. (140 RD 2/1, NVC RD 3/29)

I really think its discretionary based on the officer entering your case.

Folks What does DS2000 consist of..

From immihelp:

Form DS-2000, Evidence Which May Be Presented To Meet the Public Charge Provision of the Law;

Also it (immihelp.com) says OF169 is obsolete. Use DS2001.
And DS2001 says that all documents should be in possession prior to
forwarding to St. Louis.

Is this true ?

My PCC is ongoing at CGNY. Do I wait till I have PCC in my possession
prior to forwarding case to St.Louis/NVC.

gcseeker02 !!

PCC reg....

I don\'t what is that DS2000 But i got my PCC only after i almost got the PKT3 reviewed in NVC. So i don\'t find anything wrong in collecting the necessary documents while you send ur pkt3 to NVC.
But make sure you get it before you go to interview.!

EB3 will go to NVC no matter you chose cp or aos

At TSC, no matter you indicate CP or AOS at I140, if you are EB3, the Center sends the approved I-140 to NVC. This is INS routine. Got this from a conference proceeding. It should exist on some websites. So, NVC definitly needs to send out confirmation letter. I guess those sent I-824 to opt for CP won\'t get such confirmation letter.
Hope I am correct.

Congrats watchTSC

Can you give more details when was your case created at NVC and when did you send confirmation letter and when you got packet3.

Well, it\'s little hard to figure out exactly what happened...

since I faxed the letter several times. Meanwhile, my lawyer might have faxed the letter as well (all they told me was that they will send me P3 when they receive it so not to worry...) Anyway, the letter was sent from NVC on Apr. 12 to my lawyer. I faxed the letter for the first time on Apr 23, checked the AVM on 24th at night, and it still had same message. I talked to an operator on Thursday, 25th and faxed the letter again on Thursday. Then in the evening the AVM was changed from "the reconfirmation letter was sent..." to "a packet with form and instructions...". So, if they started processing my case because of the fax I sent yesterday, it was done on the same day. If they did from the first fax, then 3 days...but then again, my lawyer might have done the same this week and that might have something to do with it. Either way, I wish I had sent a fax sooner. I didn\'t because the first operator I talked to told me that my lawyer had to send and I couldn\'t do it. Oh well.

Can we inform Chennai consulate to send pkt4 to indian address..

I am aware that we can send an email to chennai consulate in this regard, but I have already filled G-28 for representing attorney (so all further communication should be done through attorney only). In this case also chennai consulate can send pkt4 to indian address.
If not & pkt4 sent to attorney in US do we get sufficient time to collect pkt4 and all next process.

Your inputs will be great helpful to me.

Thanks

G28 question

IF I do not want my CP process (after receiving pkt3), do I need to send "Agent of Choice letter"?
Thanks

change in avm message?

I got the confirmation letter, the earlier message was "your applciation is current. an information sheet has been sent...". Now it says no operator available at this time, does it mean packet three has been sent?

rekhak

No.. it jut means that your reconfirmation letter was received and processed. Now the message will probably not change for the rest of the process. For some, the AVM indicates that the P3 was sent.. for others it does not..

Don\'t rely on the AVM message ... always talk to the operator

For me it never gave any status .... it always transfers me to the operator .... I am waiting for my P3 to be reviewed ....