140 finally approved.

draquis

Registered Users (C)
Finally saw the golden words online and heard them on the AVM too. My 140 case is finally approved after 18 months

140 EB3 - labor substitution
RD 08/22/2002
ND 08/23/2002
RFE 12/01/2003
RFE reply received by bcis 01/13/2004
AD 02/24/2004
Now starts another long wait for 485:mad:

Best of luck to all those still waiting. See you all very soon in the 485 thread.

Congratulations

Congratulations---draquis

Hi What was the RFE .... Can you share the RFE information, it will be very help for those who got RFE's......

Thanks

RFE dtls: Another 140 was already approved on my substitute labor. My lawyer told me that they had withdrawn the previous 140 long back and it must be a mistake with the bcis database not being updated with the old 140 cancellation.
Got me a little scared as I was seeing this kind of RFE for the first time. But happy to note that it ended well.

Originally posted by draquis
RFE dtls: Another 140 was already approved on my substitute labor. My lawyer told me that they had withdrawn the previous 140 long back and it must be a mistake with the bcis database not being updated with the old 140 cancellation.
Got me a little scared as I was seeing this kind of RFE for the first time. But happy to note that it ended well.

I was completely confused. if you have another 140 approved, why do you use it instead of withdrawing it.

Originally posted by draquis

i meant if you have another 140 approved, why din't you use it instead of withdrawing it

Originally posted by zyu
i meant if you have another 140 approved, why din't you use it instead of withdrawing it

You got it wrong. The labor was applied for another person. After it was approved, they applied for his 140 with the labor. But he left the company. So company withdrew/cancelled his 140 and applied for my 140 by using the same labor(ie labor substitution).
But bcis send RFE that their records indicated that the previous 140(applied for the other person) was already approved and cannot be used for my 140 and hence asked for additional evidence to prove that the labor was not already used for an approved 140.