140 category change

I140_2003

Registered Users (C)
Last month I got an RFE for category change. CIS said the job description does not match the requirement for EB2. So they sent a document to be signed by the lawyer accepting the category to be changed to EB3.

The response has been received be CIS yesterday.
Do anybody has similar experience?
How long does it take to get a decision after this?
Do the processing start from the beginning?

Any info, comments will be appreciated.

Thanks
I140_2003.

I guess your date remains the same, other than just being moved from EB2 to EB3. Your old receipt date should hold Good.

I havent had this kind of a case.

Want GC Soon :)

same situation here,....

we were asked to change the category from EB2 to EB3. Along with the ability to pay issue, the RFE response has been received on June 7th. I will update when the decision comes through (may within 2 more weeks).

I140_2003 said:
Last month I got an RFE for category change. CIS said the job description does not match the requirement for EB2. So they sent a document to be signed by the lawyer accepting the category to be changed to EB3.

The response has been received be CIS yesterday.
Do anybody has similar experience?
How long does it take to get a decision after this?
Do the processing start from the beginning?

Any info, comments will be appreciated.

Thanks
I140_2003.

When did you applied for I-140. Because I also got similar kind of message. My attonrney replied at the end of the April. According to the RFE notice it will take 14-60 days to process the case.

I have heard about such cases before. It is just a formality of accepting the change of EB2 to EB3 and you will get your approval soon. Since that was the only concern and if you do not have any problem accepting it, you can expect the approval within a month

Thanks Karns for your encouraging words, hope you are right.

Here are the dates:
ND: 9/9/03
RFE sent: 5/13/04
RFE recv: 6/16/04

Last edited by a moderator:
I140_2003,

Would you mind sharing whats in Line 14 and Line 15 of your Labor Application (ETA 750) plz?

Cheers

zbcx123 said:
I140_2003,

Would you mind sharing whats in Line 14 and Line 15 of your Labor Application (ETA 750) plz?

Cheers
zbcx123

I do not have the information available, sorry.

Aks999,

Thanks for posting the info, but what I wanted to know is the content of Line 14 and Line 15 in I140-2003's Labor Certification application (ETA 750).

I got the same RFE on Apr'14 and the response was sent by re-filing in EB3. The status says that the response was received on June 9th and I hope I will retain my original notice date which is in Apr'03. All we can do is keep waiting.

I-140/I-485 - Approved

I140/I485 - 06/18/2004 - Approved

I checked the online message to day it say the GOLDEN words. I wish all the people good
luck on your processings. This forum is very helpful in difficult situations.

This case has been approved. On June 17, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If
14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to
verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National
Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

RD - 01-27-2003
ND - 02-20-2003
FP - 03-26-2003
I-140 - RFE - 04-13-2004
I-140 - REF Reply - 04-29-2004

RFE: It does not appear that your petition is approvable to classify the beneficiary as a second
preference alian under section 203(b)(2) of INA because the ETA-750 application for Alien
Employment Certification, only requries a bachelor's degree. It appears the beneficiary may
qualify as a progessional under 203(b)(3)(A)(ii). If you wish to change the requested preference
classification, please place an "X" next to the sentence below. Also indicate the new preference
number and classification that you are seeking, and sign where indicated.