140 approved..

Well, it seems non-concurrent.

He also posted the same message in another thread. Both are the same and both are non-concurrent.

fiveice

bmt74

I am in the same date range as yours.
Good to see the dates moved from sept 15th 2003 to dec 11th 2003. :)

EB3 NSC Concurrent
I-140/I-485 RD Sep 29, 2003 - Pending :mad:
First EAD, AP approved in Nov 2003
FP done May 2004
Applied for EAD renewal, for self and wife, by E-File in Sep 2004

Last edited by a moderator:
u guys can initiate an official inquiry if the dates have passed more than 30 days of ur case date, y dont u do that ???

You are right iknowitall, I am going to do that if I don't hear anything next week. I wanted to wait for atleast a week, just to make sure the dates they posted are correct, unlike last time.

an official inquiry for the 140 can only be made by either the employer because they are the petitioner or your lawyer who has been given the authority by you and ur employer to find out the status, even if you call they wont tell u anything about the 140 because u r the beneficiary.

I think it is still considered concurrent filing

bharad1 said:
Congrats Bpuligan! thats really great news...

your 485 RD must be Sep 03, right, same as 140? I think theres a small typo in your msg..:)

bharad1 and others,

No ...my I-485 receipt date is Jan9th, 2004

I applied for I-140 on Sep 11, 2003 and then after 3 months, I applied for I-485.
Even though, I did not post both the applications in the same envelope, I think it is still considered concurrent filing.

I had expressed a similar doubt in this same forum sometime ago and the response I got from you all was that even though they are 3 months apart, as long as you apply for I-485 without the approval of I-140, it is considered concurrent filing.

Hope this clears some confusion.

Keep the POSITIVE ATTITUDE going ....

cheers,
Bhargava

Thanks iknowitall.
but the problem is my attorney or my employer are not very cooperative. Any ways i will give it a shot.

I have another question:

I just e-filed my EAD renewal, but I did not do the AP renewal which will expire in Dec '04. Does anybody think I should renew my AP also?. I just returned from India on AP.
Thanks

moveit-moveit said:
Thanks iknowitall.
but the problem is my attorney or my employer are not very cooperative. Any ways i will give it a shot.

I have another question:

I just e-filed my EAD renewal, but I did not do the AP renewal which will expire in Dec '04. Does anybody think I should renew my AP also?. I just returned from India on AP.
Thanks
I have a question regarding use of AP. Did you have to show your H1 approval notice? or just the AP papers?

We have applied for GC through my wife's company. She is on H1 and I'm on L1A. Her H1 is valid till Feb 2007 and my L1A till Feb 2006. I have completed my 6yrs in US ....

We filed I-140/485 during May 2004 and reveived AP&EADs for both.

I plan to go to India, take a long leave from my job and come back here on AP/EAD. Do you think I'll have any problems at the port of entry?

If you don't mind could you please give me your contact info. via a private message. I would like to learn from AP travel experience.

Thanks,
Lokesh

No H1 is needed. doesn't hurt carrying it with you - just in case.
I carried it but no body asked.

With regard to taking long leave I dont think it would be an issue. but check on the conditions on which CIS considers 'GC application Abandoned"

cheers

moveit-moveit said:
No H1 is needed. doesn't hurt carrying it with you - just in case.
I carried it but no body asked.

With regard to taking long leave I dont think it would be an issue. but check on the conditions on which CIS considers 'GC application Abandoned"

cheers

Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned I work on L1A visa and my wife on H1B. We have applied for GC through her company so she is the primary applicant and mine is derivative application. If I take leave from my job GC process will not get affected.

My concern is that if I take leave from my job I can not enter US with my L1A visa since my employer will not support that.

My wife and I have AP/EAD and my wife has H1B valid till Feb 2007. My question is wether I can come to US using AP (as a dependendent of my wife's H1B).

Thanks,
Lokesh

absolutely. you can use your AP or a H4 without any problem. I would use H4. If you use AP you will lose H4 status and probably your wife too will have to lose H1 status. So best thing is use your H4.

Cheers

I have a question:

I just e-filed my EAD renewal, but I did not do the AP renewal which will expire in Dec '04.
Is AP required just for re-entry purpose or to maintain status too ???
Please advice.

Thanks

moveit-moveit said:
I have a question:

I just e-filed my EAD renewal, but I did not do the AP renewal which will expire in Dec '04.
Is AP required just for re-entry purpose or to maintain status too ???
Please advice.

Thanks
AP is just for re-entry, do not worry.