140 approved (ND oct 21 2003)

Octfiler..
check this link
http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/ac140.html

I sent email to Chennai couple of months back and they said they will acept EB3 cases if you show them you are facing hardship because of delay. Your best bet will be to talk to your attroney and make him talk to chennai.

Oh yes..I would wait for another 15 days before doing anything as suggested by other.

Congratulations OctFiler !!

How nice to hear this on a friday !!!. I hope you have a blast this weekend.

Congrates OctFiler

Hi OctFiler,
Cognrates for getting I-140 aprroved .

I hope you remember that I also had same FP date 8th May in Newark and we got in touch thru this forum at that time.

I want to ask one question that did you receive any notification from USCIS that they receive your FP details because I still not get any kind of notification like this and right now I am in a state of confusion.
Your answer will help in getting clarity.

Thanks

ranvir_usa said:
Hi OctFiler,
Cognrates for getting I-140 aprroved .

I hope you remember that I also had same FP date 8th May in Newark and we got in touch thru this forum at that time.

I want to ask one question that did you receive any notification from USCIS that they receive your FP details because I still not get any kind of notification like this and right now I am in a state of confusion.
Your answer will help in getting clarity.

Thanks

Hi Ranvir,

I to did not get any notification from USCIS regarding my FP neither my status was updated on their site. Hope i have answered your question.

Thanks,
octFiler.

Ap?

Last week i have applied for AP, today i got the receipt number and the message in teh site says
------------
Your I131 APPLICATION FOR BCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT was received on July 16, 2004. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 400 and 430 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.
-------------------------

Does the normal processing for AP takes that long(400 and 430 days )??

Thanks,
octFiler.

octFiler said:
Last week i have applied for AP, today i got the receipt number and the message in teh site says
------------
Your I131 APPLICATION FOR BCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT was received on July 16, 2004. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 400 and 430 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.
-------------------------

Does the normal processing for AP takes that long(400 and 430 days )??

Thanks,
octFiler.

I131 time frame given on USCIS web site is general for all categories including asylums etc. For cases with I485 pending (like ours) it is around 2-3 months. I had ND of 04/28/04 for I131 and got approval in second week of July. But you can not predict any thing about NSC way of working. Only hope for the best.

sunks said:
I131 time frame given on USCIS web site is general for all categories including asylums etc. For cases with I485 pending (like ours) it is around 2-3 months. I had ND of 04/28/04 for I131 and got approval in second week of July. But you can not predict any thing about NSC way of working. Only hope for the best.

Thanks for the clarification Sunks.

octFiler.

i have a question about EAD FORM I-765.. Currently iam on EAD & applying for renewal ..

what should i enter in the column 15
Current immigration status : - ????

H1B got expired and currenty using EAD.. ,, So, what should i enter in column 15?

shanmugam1174 said:
i have a question about EAD FORM I-765.. Currently iam on EAD & applying for renewal ..

what should i enter in the column 15
Current immigration status : - ????

H1B got expired and currenty using EAD.. ,, So, what should i enter in column 15?

I am not very sure but my best guess is "EAD(AOS Pending)"

Thanks,
octFiler.

octFiler said:
I am not very sure but my best guess is "EAD(AOS Pending)"

Thanks,
octFiler.

Do you guys renew EAD and AP by yourself? Is it e-filing? And what instruction do you follow?

Thanks.

xstone said:
Do you guys renew EAD and AP by yourself? Is it e-filing? And what instruction do you follow?

Thanks.

Yes I did it myself, Not e-filing though. I have gathered the checklist by going through this forum and have applied(it is very straightforward).

Thanks,
octFiler.

Reg I-140

Hi Octfiler,

have you had any LUD for I-140 before the approval?

I applied for my AP (extension) on 16th july. I am hoping it will trigger them to process my I-140.

My 5th year H1 is expiring this August, and I am still debating whether to apply for an extension or wait for I-140 approval. Trying to save couple thousand dollars...I am not sure if I am going to here anything by then.

ABT

"have you had any LUD for I-140 before the approval?"

No my LUD was not updated before the approval, I have checked it the previous day, nothing was updated. It was updated the day 140 was approved.

"My 5th year H1 is expiring this August, and I am still debating whether to apply for an extension or wait for I-140 approval. Trying to save couple thousand dollars...I am not sure if I am going to here anything by then."

I think they have reduced the fee's now it shouldnt cost you that much and if you can avoid lawyer and get your employer to apply for h1 it would be even less, just my thought though. My employer applies for h1 with out lawyer,its quiet simple.

Thanks,
octFiler.

bmt74 said:
OctFiler, Would you mind sending me an email to h4helpneeded@yahoo.com directly ?. I would like to talk to you about renewing EAD and AP by ourselves.

Thank you and I appreciate your help.

I have left you a private message, let me know what you need from me.

Thanks,
octFiler.

485 Approved

Guys,

I dont remember if it is Nanshi or somebody else but he predicted sometime in march/April when many people havent even heard about FO memo that some of us who filed towards september,oct and then on would be getting both our 140/485 approved concurently and when i read that i thought..man this guys is surely a dreamer or a optimist to the core but somewhere in my heart i wanted that to happen though its not realistic...well guys i guess sometimes dreams come true i guess .....My 485 was approved yesterday 26th july just 3 days after my 140 is approved (these 3 days incluse saturday and sunday), My wife's 485 is not yet approved though, any thoughts of why it was not yet approved?

Guys, i am so happy not because i got teh GC but because i need not worry about visa's,h1's,h4's,ead's,ap's, extensions,stampings,renewals and what not.......

Guys can any of you tell me what is the next step after 485 approved, i guess it is passport stamping, what should i do for this and also will there be any interview at th etime of stamping?

Good luck to all u guys.....I am pretty sure all of you waiting there patiently will get concurrent approvals.....especially guys from sept,oct,nov,dec,jan,feb....... . guys just be patient and you should be getting concurrent approvals, dont file complaints through congressmen or something.....if my guess is right they are making us wait a bit because we are getting concurrent approvals anyways so its better to wait for a while....(just my thought though)

Thanks,
octFiler.

Congratulations!!

Congratulations OctFiler!! Enjoy freedom. So Ohato Memo is working!!

mr2002
I40/I485 ND 10/1/2003 (concurrent)
I140 waiting
I485 waiting

mr2002 said:
Congratulations OctFiler!! Enjoy freedom. So Ohato Memo is working!!

mr2002
I40/I485 ND 10/1/2003 (concurrent)
I140 waiting
I485 waiting

U bet it is working.......

octFiler,

Is my expactation is true as bellow?

Thanks,

bcis said:
Did you finish FP? Usually concurrent approvals comming a week gap between 140 and 485. Hope it.