140 approved in 3 weeks

dreamdream

Registered Users (C)
NSC, EB-2, sent out on 5/2, notice date 5/5.

Received email yesterday, 140 was approved. Only 3 weeks, much earlier than what I expected. Priority date was 2003/8, special handling. This could be one reason it was processed so quickly. The official NSC website shows currently processing cases received in 2003/12.

485 concurrent filing, also received fingerprint notice last week. Scheduled for early June. Could anyone give an estimate when 485 can be approved?

dreamdream said:

Received email yesterday, 140 was approved. Only 3 weeks, much earlier than what I expected. Priority date was 2003/8, special handling. This could be one reason it was processed so quickly. The official NSC website shows currently processing cases received in 2003/12.

485 concurrent filing, also received fingerprint notice last week. Scheduled for early June. Could anyone give an estimate when 485 can be approved?
dreamdream,

I don't think it is a special handling , even my application was approved in 4 weeks from NSC the approval date was May 12,2005.There is a pattern developing that the old cases are handled as backlogged one and application filed since mid- 2004 separately.This is purely my opinion .
If there is a special handling then lets rejoice!!

regards

kris

krishsur4GC said:
dreamdream,

I don't think it is a special handling , even my application was approved in 4 weeks from NSC the approval date was May 12,2005.There is a pattern developing that the old cases are handled as backlogged one and application filed since mid- 2004 separately.This is purely my opinion .
If there is a special handling then lets rejoice!!

regards

kris

By "special handling", I mean the process of Labor Certificate for those working at unversities. There is no special handling for immigration petition, I guess.

defleopard22 said:
Just a suggestion, why don't you go for consular processing now.
You don't need to wait for 485 long queue.

Oh? Could you provide a link with eligibility, advantage/disadvantages of consular processing? I'm new to this topic. Thanks.

Congrats and God bless NSC

This is unbelievable ! Did you put 100 $ bill inside the application?
Just kidding... :D
Congrats and go for CP

dreamdream said:

Received email today saying I-765 is approved and a new card was ordered. Usually how long does it take for the card to arrive?

I remember it's said that one needs FP (digital photo and digital signature) done before a card can be issued. Is this true? My FP was scheduled this coming weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
dreamdream, usa_gc_waiting

CP / "consular processing" is an alternative for I485. You can apply
in American Consulate in your birth county. You have to mention about this
in I140 application. If your I140 is already approved with out this, then you
have to submit some documents to CIS. I believe PD and ret rogation will
be considered in CP.
You can find this information in any USA Consulate general web site.

v_rkumar32 said:
dreamdream, usa_gc_waiting

CP / "consular processing" is an alternative for I485. You can apply
in American Consulate in your birth county. You have to mention about this
in I140 application. If your I140 is already approved with out this, then you
have to submit some documents to CIS. I believe PD and ret rogation will
be considered in CP.
You can find this information in any USA Consulate general web site.

thanks for the info. since i have a valid H1b status and a job here, i won't bother to travel to and spent time waiting in my brith country. i can just wait in US for a little longer time. hope my 485 will be approved soon. NSC is getting faster these days. good luck to everyone!

1-140 record approvls

Hi

there is record on 1-140 aprovals, one of my friend got in 9 days and his friend got in 4 days, it is not kidding. i knew them very well.