140 Approved. Finally...

gra

Registered Users (C)
My 140 got approved yesterday after RFE. RFE was for experience evaluation. It had taken longer than 60 days so My lawyer (Sheela Murthy's office) had called USCIS for an inquiry day before yesterday. I didn't know, it would be so fast though.

140 ND: 03/21/2003
RFE received: April 2004.
RFE response sent: June 17th 2004.
No update on 485.

I had received an RFE on experience evaluation. USCIS needed detailed experience letters from 2 of the companies, I previously worked. I sent the revised letter from one of the companies, but for the other one (the company no longer exists) my lawyer suggested me to get affidavit from a coworker. Also my lawyer suggested me to get a professional evaluation. My lawyer got it done for me (I just had to pay that extra fees).
Hope that helps

The professional evaluation you mentioned is for your working experience?
I only got my DEGREE evaluated.
Does working experience also need evaluation? What does the evaluation say? Please clarify.
Thank you so much!

I did not get an RFE on my educational evaluation so I did not get that done. USCIS just wanted detailed experience letters from my previous companies stating the kind of duties performed and technologies used. I got that and in
addition to that my lawyer suggested me to get an experience evaluation done which is different from educational evaluation.

gra said:
My 140 got approved yesterday after RFE. RFE was for experience evaluation. It had taken longer than 60 days so My lawyer (Sheela Murthy's office) had called USCIS for an inquiry day before yesterday. I didn't know, it would be so fast though.

No update on 485.
Congrats - that was indeed a very long wait. All the best for 485. :)

gra,

Thank you very much for your info. But I am still very confused.
So after all what is an experience evaluation?
I used to think that experience letters from previous companies are enough.
Could you please let me know what is an experience evaluation?
What does the experience evaluation say?

I really did not see my experience evaluation. I can email my lawyer though and ask them to send me a copy of the evaluation though. I will let you know once I get it from my lawyer.

I140 Rfe

Today USCIS posted a RFE notice for my I140.
ND DT - OCT-29-2004
RFE DT - SEP-03-2004
I will keep you posted once my Lawyer gets the details.

:confused:

Congra

gra said:
I really did not see my experience evaluation. I can email my lawyer though and ask them to send me a copy of the evaluation though. I will let you know once I get it from my lawyer.

Dear all,
I am a new comer to this panel.

gra said:

gra said:

No update on 485.
Hi,
I submitted my I-140 (NIW) myself, and prepared all details also myself,RD= Dec 2003, I stll in waiting.
I still working in Government Dept, please give me advices that how to collect evidances of my works had been done, for it is a government Dept. They may not do this for my application. any suggestions. Thanks alot

KY-A

gra,

I would really appreciate if you could try to find out from your lawyer what the experience evaluation says and the name of the evaluation compamy.
I am very confused as to why we will need an expereince evaluation as most people just submit the experience letters. Thanks a lot!