140 approved after layoff. 485 pending >300 days. Am in deep shit?

lokholo

Hi All,

I was laidoff in first week of October and my I-140 was approved just a few days back i.e. a good 2 weeks after the layoff. My I-1485 is pending for >300 days.

I have another job offer in the same/similar position and occupation. The new employer has filed for my H1-B transfer already.

The question is:
1. Is my greencard in jeopardy? Do I need to restart my gc?
2. Can I use AC-21 and join the new employer immediately.

Any thoughts?

Lolo

Hi All,

I was laidoff in first week of October and my I-140 was approved just a few days back i.e. a good 2 weeks after the layoff. My I-1485 is pending for >300 days.

I have another job offer in the same/similar position and occupation. The new employer has filed for my H1-B transfer already.

The question is:

Don't think so, since your 140 has been approved and it is more than 180 days since filing 485. No need to restart GC, but make sure you do the AC21 filing for the new job.

Yes, you should file AC21.

Also make sure you consult with a qualified attorney.

Hi All,

The question is:

Any thoughts?

Lolo

Your GC application is safe and you can use AC21. Do you have the I140 approval copy or original ?