140 Appeals

So far only my I-140 denial has come (about 3 months ago). Neither me nor my employer or attorney have received any other denial notice. So what does that mean? Any idea?

AAO

AAO is processing appeals applied on 31-july-2003.
I think there are people who filed appeals before that date like naanshi etc. Please post updates.

Sivaa, The National benfit center is also know as Missouri Service Center. We should look at the AAO processing times.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Sivaa, I have posted my case details on the I-140 CSC thread. My appeal and motion(I-140 EB3) to reconsider was filed with CSC last thursday.

The argument was that, I was eligible for I-140 EB3 skilled worker category since my LC stated BS and 2 years of experience/training. I did not meet the professional category requirements.

Also, my LC had BS or equivalent and we had an attachment to this stating that we would accept foreign studies and/or professional training deemed equivalent to US degree.

My 3 years degree with the professional training is equated to the US degree.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

NSC Liaison Seeking Certain Recent I-140 Denials

NSC Liaison Seeking Certain Recent I-140 Denials

Cite as "Posted on AILA InfoNet at Doc. No. 03031825 (Mar. 18, 2003) ."

The NSC liaison team is seeking recent I-140 denials with the following issues:

Credential evaluation of foreign degree was not accepted (i.e. three year degree found to be equivalent to a U.S. Bachelors degree was rejected);

Petition was denied because a priority date is not available;

ETA 750 required a Bachelor's degree. Petition was denied because Beneficiary had a foreign, equivalent degree.

If you have case samples of the above issues, please send to Kathy Moccio at moccio.kathleen@dorseylaw.com.

(03/18/2003)

lcauser,
I did not understand your previous post about the NSC liasion.
Can you please explain. Is that good or bad news for people with 3 year degrees from India.

Hi Lcauser,
I could not find the article on www.dorsey.com website. Can you please forward the link to me. Please also let me know whether it is good or bad news for us. Thanks.

Possiability

You know we discussed about my concurrent denail case a long back in this portal. My corporate informed me in June'03 that case got denied in May03. but my Corp not realised any denial details& docs.

My case online status not changed at any point of time for fast one year. To day i called INS. She told me that my case is pending....

How to deal this one...

thanks

Re: 3 year degree

Hi tsNaresh,

Can you please let me know the details of the evaluation service that u had u'r evaluation done. Because I too have the same qualification like u. 3 years of bachelors degree and 2 years of computer course.

It would be really helpful because I dont have much time to answer the RFE. So I would like to send it to a service who understands my degree and the 2 year course I ahve done and make it equivalent to bachelors.

Thanks
Sai

Originally posted by tsnaresh
Sivaa,

My I140 denied due to 3 year degree + 2 year computer course evaluated to bachelor's degree but BCIS wants single degree and not combination of degrees (my labor cert says bechelor's degree required) so they rejected it.

When appeal is pending, can you still get the extension on H1B (7th year)?

lcauser,

I did not see your details before. Can you please let me know if you know of anyone who got it done from here has 3 years degree and 2 years diploma in a computer centre like me.
Thanks a lot for your immediate response.

I don't know of anyone who had the ed. eval from Trustforte with BS with 2 years of certification. I have heard that this is a reputed firm and my ed. eval was also done here.

btw, did you get an RFE? Your 2 years certification is from which ed. organisation?